WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2016

Options

Replies

• melaniemetoyer
    melaniemetoyer Posts: 50 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Charleen Thanks for the verification! That's amazing!!!! Where can I find a picture of the geese pattern/
    Karen & Iremia-thanks for the help with the acronyms-I'd like to add DSIL (Darn/Damn son-in-law ;)
    Michele in NC I had to step away from social media for a few days to clear my head given the MADNESS Baton Rouge was experiencing at the time :'( thanks for asking.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,713 Member
    Options
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Well ladies, tennis again with the teenager went well this morning. I have realized that I can play, but need breaks now and then. Pretty much can play 15 min. then I need a couple minutes break... We played for 50-60 minutes, and all my muscles are talking in complete sentences to my body... Ugh... Bayer Back & Body is my savior.
    Everyone have a nice Tuesday!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,356 Member
    Options
    Expecting DH back home in 15 mins. I've been fighting the fridge and I'm winning so far. Been catching up on Spanish and German.
    Tomorrow I will -
    1) Write some memoir.
    2) Get the wifi printer on to the new modem. Today I got the right connection out of the drawer. Hate that job. :sad:

Love, Heather UK
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Barbie: Thanks for the kind welcome. Are you near Colville, WA? I have a cousin that lives there. What a beautiful part of the country. Hope your hubby is on the mend soon.

:) We live on the Olympic Peninsula west of Seattle so we're a long way from Colville. We have traveled a lot in Washington and found beauty all over the state. My husband is still not driving so the only way he gets anywhere is if I drive him there. He is recovering steadily and is able to do more chores around the house and walk more but he still can't walk the dogs.

:) Barbie
  • melaniemetoyer
    melaniemetoyer Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Kim in NC I'll try both & whatever is more accurate, that's probably what I'll use, thank you.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    Hey all.
    August goals. Weigh less. Run 80 miles.

Had to say no to a relative about co-signing a loan. Talked budget with them and they had no clue how much their expenses were. It was eye opening for them. Plus the loan was 11%!!!!! Crazy. Hopefully they will take my advice of debt reduction and saving first. I hate to be the big no but they really needed a gentle dose of reality. At least we parted still on good terms.

:) Congrats to you on saying no....that's a hard thing to do.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,093 Member
    Options
    Re finding the healthy diet that works for you is a process. One of the reasons I keep coming back to this site is we are here for each other and encourage each other to make healthy lifestyle choices. It a marathon and not a sprint.

:heart: Margaret
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,356 Member
    Options
    I've just been looking at videos on Utube about how to choose a kettlebell that is the right weight for you. There are plenty on there. Someone was asking about it. The one made by Mark Riefkind, featuring his wife Tracy, seems to be easily understandable.
    DH is home. I have come in under calories by a whisker. :D

Marcelyn - Well done! One of the MOST important skills in life is learning how to say NO. :flowerforyou: Many of our problems would be solved by developing clear boundaries and expecting people to respect them.

Off to bed soon. Love Heather
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Miriam, you are my hero. Good luck in taking care of those kids. Sounds like Grandma needs a friend.

Yesterday when we went out we found a mess in the front yard. It looks like some animal got in a fight with a bird and the bird lost. In this small area we have a whole bunch of feathers. At first I thought they were more downy feathers but I looked at it later and there were long mature feathers. I don't see any blood and guys though. So the animal took the whole carcas. I;m glad I didn't have to see the fight. I would have broken it up yet I know that nature takes care of their own and it's survival of the fittest.

Joyce, Indiana
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Heather, it does sound like you are all set for the sea when you go to Mexico. That was nice of your neighbors and how nice that the construction is over.

KarenBC, tell us more about your trip. Is it for work? How long will you be there?

CarolGA, school started already??? It’s only the First of August, for pete’s sake!

Lisa, the enchiladas sound yummy!!!!

Janeanne, welcome. I love to cruise and I don’t deprive myself when I go. I just try to eat smart and think about what I’m eating. Have a wonderful time.

Pip, great job. Onward and upward.

Carrie, I do hope that was a joke about wanting to lose 8 pounds in a week??? That is way too much. Where are your cruising from and for how many days?

Beth, I hope all goes well for your DS while he’s away at college.

Leigh, I’m here to tell you that turning 60 actually didn’t hurt a bit. I was actually excited for some of the Senior Discounts I could finally get. I’m now 69 and feel so much better than I did at 60 so just enjoy life, my friend!!!!

Mary, OMG I hope you didn’t break a bone. I hope the pain leaves you quickly.

Susie, welcome. This is a wonderful group of ladies for support and information. Come often and tell us what’s going on with you.

Janetr, glad you had a good trip. Great pic of your sis who looks like you.

Lisa, ewwww I know you get some pretty gruesome stories but that one is way too creepy!!!

Miriam, cute, cute girls. They are so lucky to have you!!!

Feedaike, welcome. Please tell us a little about yourself and sign each post with the name you want to be called.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I had a Women of the Moose meeting last night. Afterwards there was an ice cream social with all kinds of toppings. I helped scoop the ice cream so I stayed busy and not so tempted to eat. I told you a couple of weeks ago about Pepper poodle getting sick and all the vet could find was some parasites in his tummy. We worked hard to get his two different drops in him each day. Today DH took a stool to the vet to be tested and he is free and clear of the little devils. Woo hoo. They had a long article in the local paper about dogs and how the heat affects them. Those of you that take long walks each day please be aware that they can’t take the heat like we can. Just some food for thought. Tomorrow is my 48th wedding Anniversary. OMG that sounds soooo old and I don’t really feel that old at all. Just wiser!  My computer (actually router) has been down all day until now, so I had to read quickly and respond to few. I do wish you all a wonderful August and much success.
    Sending love and good thoughts to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day! rainbow-smiley-emoticon.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Had a nice 3 day weekend. Went by way to fast. Working long shift today and going to be another hot one, so glad to be inside.
    Weigh in this morning was a surprise, down 2.5 pounds. Now just to stay with it. DSS started a page on FB to lose weight. He stated his starting weight is 493. I knew he was big, just didn't realize that big. So praying he can stay with it. They live in Iowa so doing support over computer and phone.
    Karen--My mom is Shirley Reeder and my Aunt was Elna Rae West. Her children live in Imperial and thier last name is Smith. It was a very large funeral. Your trip with your mom to find the Queen sounds wounderful.
    The wedding shower on Sunday for DGD was different. They really wanted you to buy jewery and most of it was over priced and not something I would wear. But I was there and that is the important things.
    Heather--Sounds like you had a great time with the DGB's. Thanks for sharing the pictures. love it.
    Allie--Sounds like the time with DD and DB is just what you needed. Glad it is going well.
    Spikeyhair--Sorry to hear about DGD. Sending hugs and prayers. I do believe prayers work.
    Charlene--Beautiful quilt. Good luck at the fair.
    Pip--I smiled also when I read about Kriby getting ahead of you. He is one determed man.
    Joyce--Hugs!
    Katla--Glad you are home and had a great trip.
    Melanie--Happy B-lated birthday. One day at a time.
    Barbie--Thanks for keeping us going! Not letting us give up.
    Beth--Hugs!
    Well I am up to page 4. Going to have to work harder to keep up. Take care ladies.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Barbie

I guess I am. I have the ability to have a "just a taste" of fudge. The urge is there to wallow in it - but, I can fight that. I would rather have that taste, than have no fudge at all.

And I hope my post didn't come across as "how it should be done." I certainly would never expect anyone to "do it my way" except me. Every one of us must find her own path. That's just the way life is.

Indeed, I had no issue with the advice to reduce fat and sodium - I know I eat too much of both for the best health. My issue was with the severity and the thought that fruit was somehow unhealthy or unacceptable for weight loss.

The one that really got me was the yogurt. Seriously?

That just bugged me.... so I had to rant. I am better now...

Hugs!

Re in TX

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Had a nice 3 day weekend. Went by way to fast. Working long shift today and going to be another hot one, so glad to be inside.
    Weigh in this morning was a surprise, down 2.5 pounds. Now just to stay with it. DSS started a page on FB to lose weight. He stated his starting weight is 493. I knew he was big, just didn't realize that big. So praying he can stay with it. They live in Iowa so doing support over computer and phone.
    Karen--My mom is Shirley Reeder and my Aunt was Elna Rae West. Her children live in Imperial and thier last name is Smith. It was a very large funeral. Your trip with your mom to find the Queen sounds wounderful.
    The wedding shower on Sunday for DGD was different. They really wanted you to buy jewery and most of it was over priced and not something I would wear. But I was there and that is the important things.
    Heather--Sounds like you had a great time with the DGB's. Thanks for sharing the pictures. love it.
    Allie--Sounds like the time with DD and DB is just what you needed. Glad it is going well.
    Spikeyhair--Sorry to hear about DGD. Sending hugs and prayers. I do believe prayers work.
    Charlene--Beautiful quilt. Good luck at the fair.
    Pip--I smiled also when I read about Kriby getting ahead of you. He is one determed man.
    Joyce--Hugs!
    Katla--Glad you are home and had a great trip.
    Melanie--Happy B-lated birthday. One day at a time.
    Barbie--Thanks for keeping us going! Not letting us give up.
    Beth--Hugs!
    Well I am up to page 4. Going to have to work harder to keep up. Take care ladies.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE

I know of your mother. Your dad must have been Junior Reeder. I know who your aunt was, and I know your cousin Marla Rae. I also know your cousin Lloyd's wife Rhonda (Frosh). And I know your aunt was a Kitt. The Kitt boys dominated the Wauneta basketball, track, and football teams when I was a teen. They were excellent athletes and easy on the eyes. :)

Your aunt helped start POMPOMs in Imperial. My parents were active, and my marching band uniform and scholarships to band camps were provided by that wonderful organization. Some of my fondest memories are of the revues the parents put on to raise money for POMPOMs (Parents of Musicians, Promoters of Music).

Sorry for your loss. Your aunt brought a lot of music and happiness to my little town.

Karen in Virginia