Challenge GW: 245

Ultimate GW: 208

8/1: 258
    8/8:
    8/15:
    8/22:
    8/29:
    8/31:

This weekend I decided to shoot for the moon, and reach my ultimate goal by the end of the year. Meeting the goal requires strong and continuous commitment. Meeting the goal starts today.
  • shortchange1
    shortchange1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'1" so every pound shows up. So, here goes:
    CW: 133
    GW: 120

8/1: 133
  • lsprague9
    lsprague9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • michy84
    michy84 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    SW: 136.5
    GW: 131.5

Week 1 - 136.5 (August 1st)
    Week 2 -
    Week 3 -
    Week 4 -
    Week 5 -

Final -

• jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    CW - 204.8
    GW - 199.8

8/1 - 204.8
    8/8 -
    8/15 -
    8/22 -
    8/29 -
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    CW - 191
    GW - 185

8/1 - 191
    8/8 -
    8/15 -
    8/22 -
    8/29 -
  • fatgiraffe2
    fatgiraffe2 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join, my first challenge!

CW - 175
    GW - 170

8/1 - 175
    8/8 -
    8/15 -
    8/22 -
    8/29 -
  • leahn0102
    leahn0102 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    CW - 253
    GW - 248

8/1 - 253
    8/8 -
    8/15 -
    8/22 -
    8/29 -
  • mjones4321
    mjones4321 Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    CW- 156
    GW- 150

8/1 156
    8/8
    8/15
    8/22
    8/29
  • tfirman
    tfirman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in! I would love to lose 5 pounds in August. I want to do this by cutting out sweets, eating healthy, more exercise, and 2 meals/day vs. 3.
  • lindseyt71901
    lindseyt71901 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    tfirman wrote: »
    I am in! I would love to lose 5 pounds in August. I want to do this by cutting out sweets, eating healthy, more exercise, and 2 meals/day vs. 3.

I wish you luck. I can rarely go without eating 3 meals, 2 snacks. My body just growls and rattles until I feed it.
  • kizanne1
    kizanne1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Count me in.
    5 pounds would be nice. With school starting, August will be a challenge for me.

SW: 216
    CW: 207.6
    GW: 202.6
  • lauhil
    lauhil Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    SW August 1: 288.6 lbs.
    GW August 31: 273.6 lbs.
    UGW: 160 lbs.
  • jonni82014
    jonni82014 Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, motivational comments. Great day, yesterday ate all of my PLANNED foods. Released <1.4#. Upped the water. Today is a new day. Tomorrow is my birthday. I will plan the menu. My destiny.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm a day late here since I was away from home.

SW August 2: 141.4 lb
    GW August 31: 136.4 lb
    UGW: Under 130 lb

Yesterday went terribly for me, but now it's time to crack the whip at myself.
  • bettwalker
    bettwalker Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a Diet Coke drinker. I had stopped for awhile, but then started again. I ran across the info below from a reliable source. I'm trying to quit again. Maybe the info will help someone else as well..........

"Twelve ounces of Coke contain the equivalent of twelve teaspoons of white granulated sugar and comes loaded with caffeine. A dash of phosphoric acid gives it fizz. Phosphoric acid, known to corrode a steel nail in short order, is the ingredient that makes Coke a good polish for the chrome on one's car. Does anybody deliberately eat twelve teaspoons of sugar at one sitting? Yet we will if we get it in a Coke because human nature convinces us it is acceptable presented this way. It tastes so good!

The so-called diet drinks sweetened by aspartame are even worse. In the body, aspartame first converts to formaldehyde then to formic acid, which in turn moves the body toward metabolic acidosis. Aspartame (sold under the brand names NutraSweet, Equal, etc.) has been found to be disorientating to nerve impulses in the brain, and it is potentially dangerous for people with blood-sugar problems, epileptics and Parkinson's disease. It causes dizziness, headaches, slurred speech, blurred vision, memory loss, depression, joint pain, muscle spasms, and feelings of aggression, cramps, and vertigo. It even mimics multiple sclerosis and lupus. "But that's okay," human nature says, "because, after all, I am getting such a tiny amount that it can't possibly hurt. Besides that, I still get the kick from the caffeine and far fewer calories, so I can stay on my diet and lose weight."
  • lindseyt71901
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm a day late here since I was away from home.

SW August 2: 141.4 lb
    GW August 31: 136.4 lb
    UGW: Under 130 lb

Yesterday went terribly for me, but now it's time to crack the whip at myself.

It's tough to keep track on hectic days. Your mind is in the right frame and you are bound to succeed. I applaud your dedication to yourself.
  • lindseyt71901
    Options
    bettwalker wrote: »
    Hi. I'm a Diet Coke drinker. I had stopped for awhile, but then started again. I ran across the info below from a reliable source. I'm trying to quit again. Maybe the info will help someone else as well..........

"Twelve ounces of Coke contain the equivalent of twelve teaspoons of white granulated sugar and comes loaded with caffeine. A dash of phosphoric acid gives it fizz. Phosphoric acid, known to corrode a steel nail in short order, is the ingredient that makes Coke a good polish for the chrome on one's car. Does anybody deliberately eat twelve teaspoons of sugar at one sitting? Yet we will if we get it in a Coke because human nature convinces us it is acceptable presented this way. It tastes so good!

The so-called diet drinks sweetened by aspartame are even worse. In the body, aspartame first converts to formaldehyde then to formic acid, which in turn moves the body toward metabolic acidosis. Aspartame (sold under the brand names NutraSweet, Equal, etc.) has been found to be disorientating to nerve impulses in the brain, and it is potentially dangerous for people with blood-sugar problems, epileptics and Parkinson's disease. It causes dizziness, headaches, slurred speech, blurred vision, memory loss, depression, joint pain, muscle spasms, and feelings of aggression, cramps, and vertigo. It even mimics multiple sclerosis and lupus. "But that's okay," human nature says, "because, after all, I am getting such a tiny amount that it can't possibly hurt. Besides that, I still get the kick from the caffeine and far fewer calories, so I can stay on my diet and lose weight."

I've known about this for a while. I always try to educate people when i see them reaching for the "diet" stuff. Sure, sugar isn't the best thing for us, but at least or body can break it down and get rid of it. I think this is very insightful and I commend you on your honesty. Good luck to you.
  • kweenkareem
    kweenkareem Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I will like to wait till the end of the month before I weigh that way it will more surprising current weight 211lbs
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    PennWalker wrote: »
    Happy August, people.
    Weight: 172.6
    UGW: 150

Oops, forgot to post this morning.
    SW: 177
    CW: 172
    GW: 150

Good going, everybody! <3