Don't Ever Give Up
  • BrandiThompson1
    BrandiThompson1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It did it again
  • dackmtz
    dackmtz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just started Keto on Wednesday. I would love to tag long on your journey.
  • mallorymotal
    mallorymotal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I (thought) I started Keto about a week ago, I felt AMAZING and then cheated...which I now know can basically never happen with this food plan, because it through me out of ketosis and I'm going through induction week again and it sucks...
    After reading "Keto Clarity" I realized that I was a bit off on my carb count because I was counting "net" instead of just general carbs :(
    So, technically, I've just started yesterday haha.
    Excited to make some Keto friends on here and swap food ideas & experiences!
  • ProfMosch
    ProfMosch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keto here, too! Would definitely love to have some like-minded friends! Feel free to add me!
  • BrandiThompson1
    Options
    Mallory I am going through the same thing I was doing great lost 10 lbs in 2 and a half weeks and had a bad moment with a bottle of Moscato wine..But I'm not giving up...When you say " net carbs" do you mean like when you subtract fiber from carbs? Because that's what I've been doing lol have I been doing it wrong?
  • UntangledSkein
    UntangledSkein Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My diet is ketogenic although I don't follow a specific diet plan. I eat gluten and refined sugar free (unless you count the coconut blossom sugar in my beloved raw chocolate) foods and eat moderate protein, low net carb (which I calculate elsewhere as MFP does not have this function as yet) and high healthy fat. I've been working on a bread made from tahini which has been a lifesaver on lazy days. Feel free to add me, my diary is honest and open.
  • bigguyreed
    bigguyreed Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    From what I'm reading it sounds like Adkins diet. Low carbs and high fat and protein. I still have ketone strips in my cupboard from my Adkins diet. I guess what ever works to get you to your goals. But we do live in a new and improved world. There isn't any magic pill out there only hard work to meet your goals. But what might work for you may not for others.
  • BrandiThompson1
    Options
    We have been taught for so long that fat is bad...but when low fat diets became popular Diabetes and Obesity actually sky rocketed... Sugar is our number 1 culprit...low fat candy bars are actually double in sugars than any other candy bar...I'm really loving this way of life...it hasn't been easy but the results are fantastic..I'm watching fat melt away like it's never done before...No longer do I freak out over fat....I'm embrace it
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    There is a great group here. Search the groups part of the forum for LC Daily Forum. Great info there.
  • EvRoberts89
    EvRoberts89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ive been low-carb and Paleo for along time and just now gettibg into Keto. Besides Keto Clarity are there any other books anybody recommends? Also feel free to add me
  • two_sheds_jackson
    two_sheds_jackson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing the keto thing! You have to love a diet where you can eat all the good foods you usually have to forgo. It's also the only way I've ever managed to lose weight and keep it off. If anyone wants a friend, add me!
  • chrmad
    chrmad Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Keto, have been doing lazyketo for years. But now I'm going all in!
    Check out http://www.dietdoctor.com/ if you haven't already. Really great site, the place where I first learned about low carb 5 years ago.

Add me, I need inspiration and motivation.
  • manicmuse1
    manicmuse1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I saw this intro was keto related and had to have a peek. I have been adjusting to the keto Paleo lifestyle for a couple months. I slipped off here about a month ago and I'm finally in full swing again. I have auto immune, insulin resistance. Keto lifestyle makes such a huge difference for me. Still fine tuning it for weight loss but I am getting some results.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    It did it again

If you are using emoticons / emoji's in your posts, your comment will sometimes get cut off or not post correctly.

OP, et al, the above link which @KetoneKaren was kind enough to supply for everyone is where most of us Ketofiles tend to hang out so stop by, say hello, and check it out!
  • shelldiabeto2016
    shelldiabeto2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hiya all I'm starting this ketogenic type diet tomorrow . going for 20 carb and 30 protein 50 fat wish me. Look never done a before very worried has carbs or my downfall Nd only way of eating xx.
  • crazscholar
    crazscholar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Also on Keto diet. There are some great facebook groups as well.