Criticised by a gym professional...

Options
When I started going to the gym a month ago tmrw I was a few pounds over 200. So doing some of the machines there was/is a challenge. One of my husband's relatives has a boyfriend who personally trains people there so he knows me. Me and my son's girlfriend goes early in mornings. Well it got back to me and her that this guy said "it's funny watching those 2 to watch them struggle" it upset me. I cried that nite. I almost stopped going after going 2 weeks. I thot if he thinks that maybe others are watching and thinking the same thing. It still bothers me knowing that he said that. I'm not a confrontation person so I won't ever say anything. The girl that goes with me had to give me a BIG motivational speech in order for me to go back next day. Just wondered if others have dealt with something like that.

Replies

• sunny_girl_tls
    sunny_girl_tls Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Sorry that happened to you, but don't let it derail you! That gives his words power. You are what matters and you are doing what you need to do for you! Keep it up!
  • summamumma
    summamumma Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion, but I don't think overweight people should go to the gym, especially not those mega-gyms. Oh, the irony! The only time I have felt good there is when I was already in shape. I would never go there in my current state (60 pounds to lose). I don't workout outside for the same reason. People are mean and as hard as you try not to let it get to you, it still will be in the back of your mind. Getting in shape is hard and you need only positive voices around you, either at home or at a small gym with other overweight people.