5'3" - 5'4" ladies, what are your weight goals?

Options

Replies

• kimirayray
    kimirayray Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 2 and weigh 165. My first big goal is 135, would love to get down to 125. I'll see how I look and feel. Remember - muscle weighs more than fat :)
  • KrisisOD
    KrisisOD Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    SW (again) 195
    Goal 130ish (when my body feels healthy)

Just started again, I got really into working out for a long time, and didn't utilize the calorie counter, but this time I'd like to keep better track of what I'm eating while I workout. Any ladies that have similar journey's feel free to add me. :)
  • MaureenRefior
    MaureenRefior Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 years old, a little over 5'3". Started at 194, down to 184. My goal is 115, but as someone above said, I've started strength training, so if I get to 125-130 and I'm happy with how I look and feel, I'm not going to worry about the numbers on the scale. I'm, uh, curvaceous, and I've found that dramatic weight loss at my age makes you look old in the face if you're not careful. I just wanna put things back up closer to where they started.
  • SarahSloth342634
    SarahSloth342634 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    5.3 and a half.
    Very small body frame
    Currently 112lbs which is easy to maintain on 1800 to 2000 cals a day. cardio 2 to 3 times a week and some weight training (10 minutes here and there)
    Highest weight 123lbs through higher carb intake and no workouts.
    Lowest weight 104lbs doing 1200cals for a year plus workouts.
    Goal weight 108lb
  • jatcitty
    jatcitty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started at 167 but my goal is 130-135
  • lururu
    lururu Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'4 1/2" and I am currently 232lb/ 16st 8lb I have lost 14lb/ 1st already but my goal is to get to 7st. It seems extreme and I may never ever achieve it but there is a reason.
  • lilbeemer84
    lilbeemer84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Started 3 weeks ago at 152.5, currently 149. Goal weight is 120. I hate how slow this process is because I'm so excited to start seeing changes and to get stronger and more fit.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    120 lb. I'm like 8 lb over right now, gotta get that back off. In college I was 110 but I know this will never happen again.
  • fatgiraffe2
    fatgiraffe2 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 181lbs in June. Dropped to 174lbs now, slow progress but I've had a lot of life changes and struggles in that time. For now my goal is 155lbs. At my lowest weight I was 125lbs and I looked unhealthy, for me personally I thought I looked best at around 150 lbs.
  • Emj30135
    Emj30135 Posts: 62 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I am 5'4 and I started at 207. I am
    Currently 172. Ultimate goal weight is 135. However. I look healthy and in shape at 150. Everyone has different shaped bodies even if we are the same height, chances are we won't look the same. I have a medium bone build. So when I went down to 133 after losing weight after my 1st child, I looked too skinny for me. It really looked like I was 115-120. It all depends on body type and what you feel comfortable with. I think the healthy weight for 5'4 is supposed to be 120, but I will never feel comfortable that small. 140-145 looks perfect for me. Good luck to everyone on their weightloss journey and good work to everyone!
    **Note- my profile picture is of my current weight- 170-172.**
  • LittleCulturedPearl
    LittleCulturedPearl Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    KatsMeow12 wrote: »
    Katdeth wrote: »
    Started at 152 here, love to be in the mid 120s. But once I hit low 130s, I don't really care. As long as I feel good.

I've made peace that the 120s were when I was actually 20 and are never coming back. :smile: (I'm 39.) My goal is low 130s too. Or even 135. I'm almost there but I can't seem to get rid of this tummy schlub.

I'm laughing at this because it sounds funny to make peace with a weight loss goal by deciding it's no longer achievable. The truth is, you can do whatever you set your mind to. I'm 27 years old. I was 165lbs at 18 years old. I stayed around 125 in college, and I have managed to keep my weight below 130 since then (I reached 142 during a pregnancy). My current weight loss goal is 119lbs in order to become a better runner (my goal is to qualify for the Boston marathon during my race in September this year. Personally, I prefer to look at body fat percentage rather than weight because it's easier for you to determine a healthy weight for your unique body.

Perspective is fun, but not entirely useful. Instead, do this:

Determine your ideal body fat percentage using this table:
    Optimal Racing Body Fat Percentage (add 5% if you are non-athletic)
    lxvzr8143jap.png

Then, determine your ideal weight:

Example: 38-year-old female who currently weighs 140 pounds and has 22 percent body fat and who sets an initial goal of getting down to 17 percent body fat (the upper limit of her ideal range) through improved training and diet.
    1. Step 1: Calculate current body fat mass. Body fat mass = current weight x current body fat percentage expressed in decimal form. In this example: 140 lbs x 0.22 = 30.8 lbs.
    2. Step 2: Calculate current lean body mass. Lean body mass = current weight – fat mass. In this example: 140 lbs – 30.8 lbs = 109.2 lbs.
    3. Step 3: Calculate goal weight. Goal weight = current lean body mass ÷ goal lean body mass percentage. (Note: goal lean body mass percentage is 1.0 – your goal body fat percentage expressed in decimal form.) In this example: 109.2 lbs ÷ 0.83 = 131.5 lbs.

I found this from here.

Here's mine:
    Current weight = 127.7
    Body fat mass = 28.5
    Lean body mass = 99.2
    Lean body mass percentage = .84
    Goal race weight = 118.1
    Goal body fat percentage = .16

I'm giving myself a 1-lb cushion, also because I like having at least an A cup bust size. I love the way I look and feel at 122, but since I'm training to qualify for a race, then I'm going to shred a little bit more. After the race, I plan to maintain at 122lbs.

P.S.: @KatsMeow12 I'm on the Michael Mosley's 5:2 intermittent fasting schedule. It's the only concession I'm willing to make as I already run so much. Very doable after the first day. Why don't you give it a try?!
  • LittleCulturedPearl
    LittleCulturedPearl Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    By the way I'm 5'5"
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im Brittany. I am @ 5'2 and started @199 lbs. Im currently stuck @ 173-175. I have a goal to hit of 150, and then if I feel the need to, maybe 130-140.
  • rosbd
    rosbd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 3in. Started at 223lbs now 171 lbs and my goal is 147 lbs.
  • overeatingperfectionist
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and currently 200 lbs. I'd like to be mid-120s.
  • rubysocks
    rubysocks Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"5 and 144lbs - can't seem to loose it. I'm greedy and lazy. I need more motivation for sure.
  • pldavis10
    pldavis10 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 142 lbs, aiming for 120-125. But I'll see when I get there if I should adjust.
  • Adventuretown
    Adventuretown Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I started at 234lbs and my (first) goal is 170lbs. That will put me in the same size clothes (roughly) as women who weigh 145lbs (or so), which is a good goal for me to start with. I have an extremely high skeletal muscle mass % (35.6%) making me much heavier than someone with a lower muscle mass %, despite being the same physical size.