5'3" - 5'4" ladies, what are your weight goals?

Options

Replies

• ivylyon
    ivylyon Posts: 172 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    KatsMeow12 wrote: »
    I need to be honest, I'm kind of amazed at the 105-120 lb goals.
    ... make my goal weight of 135 feel schlubby!
    I get what you mean, I'm 5'4" with a goal of 127, which was my old comfortable weight. If i was more active i used to get down to 120, but that's the lightest I'd want to go. Being a bit older now
    (41) I feel I might not look my best being that
    light, but I'll see how I look/feel at 127 (CW 133) I think the lightest I've been as an "adult" was 107 when I was 19, but that was too light even then.
    105 would be underweight in terms of BMI for 5'4", but some people do have much lighter
    builds and it might work for them
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    My goal is 130, although 125 would be ideal. I am trying not to focus too much on the number, but more on how clothing fits and how I feel.

At first I said I wanted to get back into a size 12 (I was between 16-18). When I made it into a size 14, I began thinking that a size 12 is only 20-30 lbs away. So I changed my goal to a size 10. As I get closer to my goal weight, I'll really evaluate myself to see if I should continue losing or begin maintaining. It all depends on how I like my new size and shape.
  • smclark74
    smclark74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    5'3", 42yo
    SW 170
    CW 145
    GW 140 (will reevaluate)
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I love my curves so I'm good in the mid 150s.
  • lucylou1977
    lucylou1977 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 39, 5 ft 4 and currently 147lbs. I'm of medium build and pear-shaped. I went up to 185 lbs in pregnancy so I've come a fair way and am just a smidge over a healthy BMI.

I'd like to lose another 10 lbs but am lacking motivation at the moment. I got down to 131lbs after my first pregnancy and that felt great.
  • lucylou1977
    lucylou1977 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just realised I lied about my age - I'm 38 still!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I need to be honest, I'm kind of amazed at the 105-120 lb goals. At 39, even with no kids, that seems completely unrealistic to me. Am I being silly? Or lazy?

Please understand I don't mean to be judgmental. If it's right for you, awesome. But it does make my goal weight of 135 feel schlubby!

I tend to agree...even though I have some 5'4" friends who have dipped below 120. Some people have felt the need to go below 120 in order to get lean. I thought I was tiny at 128 lol.
  • chezcab55
    chezcab55 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 and always thought I was 5ft 4" but just got measured at a health check and am 5ft 3", shocker!! I started at 191 lbs and am now 151 lbs. I'm pear shaped and am now a uk size 12 on top and a 14 on the bottom. My bmi is 27.2. My goal was 145 lbs, I think I'll see how I feel when I get there. Haven't been this low in years. Apparently a few extra pounds looks better when you are of a certain age. Unfortunately my tummy always makes me feel bigger, I've had 5 children so have extra baggage in that area, don't think that will ever go!
  • Laura_Jean_76
    Laura_Jean_76 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    5'4
    SW 228
    CW 224
    GW 120-140?
  • LunaLoses86
    LunaLoses86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    5'4 1/2 and my original goal was 150 but I think I will like between 150 and 175 better. I like some squish. :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
  • profwool
    profwool Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    5'4"
    Starting weight: 238 (April 2016)
    Current weight: 215
    I am setting my initial target weight at 150. I'm part of an NIH weight loss research study that involves tracking on MFP, steps and weight daily over 18 months. I may move my target once I get closer, but I'll think about that once I get further on down the road. For me, the trick is maintenance - I want to end at a weight that is feasible for me to maintain. I would love to be 130 because I have fond memories of that weight, but I'll be 56 this year and I just don't know if that is realistic for me to achieve and, crucially, maintain. We'll see! One day at a time!
  • wrharvill
    wrharvill Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" started at 165 and am now 140.5. My first goal was 145 but now I'm amining for 130. While I feel *much* better at my current weight, I feel like I'm be even more comfortable at around 130, but honestly, if I stopped loosing weight right now I'd be fine.

• lovebirb
    lovebirb Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    30 y.o.
    5ft 4in
    SW: 126
    CW: 122
    GW: 118 (small frame)

going for resistance training, recomp, if i end up weighing more from being leaner i wont mind at all
  • WalkerDeb69
    WalkerDeb69 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need to be honest, I'm kind of amazed at the 105-120 lb goals. At 39, even with no kids, that seems completely unrealistic to me. Am I being silly? Or lazy?

Please understand I don't mean to be judgmental. If it's right for you, awesome. But it does make my goal weight of 135 feel schlubby!

That's exactly what I thought, too! 105 to 120 is an awful low weight unless you composition is really petite, which is possible, of course. I think most people that aren't super small/small bone structure or super petite etc. agree on here that 130s is realistic, so we are right on track, not meaning that anybody else's response is wrong, of course, just sayin' the majority agree it seems that 130s seems realistic. I, myself, did manage to get down to like 117 several years ago but it took GREAT PAINS to get there, I was starving and didn't feel good and I couldn't stay there, blew back up and am keeping that in mind this time around and doing it right.

• emily_fox
    emily_fox Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and started at 158. My goal is 130. If I can dip below that, great. But I'm not going to be disappointed if I can't.