5'3" - 5'4" ladies, what are your weight goals?

Options

Replies

• Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I am not quite 5'4" and 119 pounds right now. My starting weight was 149, first goal was 125, then 120, and now I think it's 115. I am 42. I lift heavy and have a small, but muscular frame, but my abs just started showing up in the last 2-3 pounds. By 115 I should have pretty decent definition. "Should." My body likes to lose fat everywhere but around the waistline!
  • harpreetkr79
    harpreetkr79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My goal is 130. My height is 5'4".
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    KatsMeow12 wrote: »
    I need to be honest, I'm kind of amazed at the 105-120 lb goals. At 39, even with no kids, that seems completely unrealistic to me. Am I being silly? Or lazy?

Please understand I don't mean to be judgmental. If it's right for you, awesome. But it does make my goal weight of 135 feel schlubby!

It depends on your frame, body composition, and just were you feel comfortable. I originally started with a goal of 130-135, but my goals changed a bit when I got there. I realized my composition wasn't what I wanted it to be (had more fat/less muscle than I wanted). Currently I'm trying to lean out a bit more to prepare for a bulk.
  • lindastroud60
    lindastroud60 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I will soon be 65 and my Dr set my goal at 160 for now and that is because I am very small on top and shoulders are very small ,all my weight is in my butt and thighs. The last place I lose is in my butt and thighs. Right now I wear a size l on top and xxl on bottom and weigh 204. When I was younger I had to weigh 125 to get into a snug 10 on the bottom.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    KatsMeow12 wrote: »
    I need to be honest, I'm kind of amazed at the 105-120 lb goals. At 39, even with no kids, that seems completely unrealistic to me. Am I being silly? Or lazy?

Please understand I don't mean to be judgmental. If it's right for you, awesome. But it does make my goal weight of 135 feel schlubby!

I don't think it's schlubby! The goal weight that I set for myself in my mid-20s was not the same goal weight that I set for myself at 20 and I would bet $$$ that it won't be the same goal weight that I have for myself at 30.

Then again, I have friends at 36-40 who have 2-4 kids and look better in a bikini than I do... so it's all relative B)
  • hollygirl101
    hollygirl101 Posts: 93 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Started at 275, currently at 259. My first goal is 200, I haven't been there in roughly 8 years and even that was for like, a hot second. I figure I'll maintain that for a bit (maintenance has always been a problem for me), let my skin adjust to the smaller me, then keep going. I've been as low as 115 (high school graduation) but don't feel that's realistic for me now. I'd personally be happy with 150. But once I hit 150, who knows? Maybe I'll want to keep going. :)
  • KatsMeow12
    KatsMeow12 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I will soon be 65 and my Dr set my goal at 160 for now and that is because I am very small on top and shoulders are very small ,all my weight is in my butt and thighs. The last place I lose is in my butt and thighs. Right now I wear a size l on top and xxl on bottom and weigh 204. When I was younger I had to weigh 125 to get into a snug 10 on the bottom.

I have the opposite problem. My butt and legs are good, but my stomach and arms... Ugh.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    im 5"4, m start weight was something like 242lbs. am currently around 192lbs and goal weight is 140 ish...for now
  • nancy1465
    nancy1465 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I think your age has alot to do with your goal. I am 56 yrs old and my Dr. said he would be happy if I could get to 150 so that is my goal which I think would be easy to maintain. I am currently at 244 so I have a long way to go.
  • Sonia_weight
    Sonia_weight Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sitting at 123, would like to be 115-119 (5ft3.8)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    5'4
    started 185
    current 155
    goal 125
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    tapwaters wrote: »
    I think it's really interesting how many of us have a goal between 130-140. I have had the number 130 in my head since I was a chubby 170lb 13-year-old. How did everyone come by their goal weight number?

I picked a weight I've weighed before and felt most physically comfortable.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 46. I started at 194 and now 175. My happy weight was 135, but I'm exercising so much more now that I'm actually smaller at a heavier weight. I'd like to get to 125 and see if I can maintain there, but right now I'll be happy to get out of the 170s!
  • eatgoodeat
    eatgoodeat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    5'4
    SW: 207
    CW:181
    GW:170
    I have a bodybuilding focus, losing body fat and preserving lean mass have been my objectives since I started a year ago