5'3" - 5'4" ladies, what are your weight goals?

Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Holy fudge. I weighed in at 142 this morning. My profile pic is current, from yesterday. I think I LOOK okay but by god, when I've been as low as 128 it's scary. I guess I really need to start cutting again :( I was even trying and I failed.
  • emily_fox
    emily_fox Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    tapwaters wrote: »
    I think it's really interesting how many of us have a goal between 130-140. I have had the number 130 in my head since I was a chubby 170lb 13-year-old. How did everyone come by their goal weight number?

I remember 130 being easier to maintain than the 120s. I also didn't have any of the health problems I have now (heartburn, snoring).
  • Big_Bear_Sandy
    Big_Bear_Sandy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 years old and 5'4" I weigh 200 and my goal weight is 125. I feel my healthiest at that weight. I want off blood pressure medicine so bad I could taste it. Lol. I would love friends so we can motivate each other in our weight loss journeys. :)
  • ScreeField
    ScreeField Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    5'4 currently 120. Would like to be 125+ with 10 lbs more muscle at 55 yrs (giving myself a ton of years to get there since I've never carried that much).
  • Isabelle_1929
    Isabelle_1929 Posts: 233 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I am 5'4 (45 years-old). As much as I would love to go back to 105-109, I know it means being on a strict 1000-1100 diet for several months, and then, having to remain at 1300 approx. only to maintain. No way. These years are behind me.

So my goal is 115 to 119, which I know is easier to reach, and most importantly, easily sustainable by just being "careful" with what I eat. No diet required once I am in that zone. And at that weight, considering my bone structure and overall proportions, I can wear pretty much what I want, don't have uncomfortable rolls or anything, so it's an excellent compromise.

Plus to be honest, as we age ... being super thin is not necessarily flattering. On me, the little extra 10 lbs compensate for the lost muscular tone.

So my short term goal is to hit 119. Then I will try to go down to 115, which is ideal, BUT I will not force it.
  • malavika413
    malavika413 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    5'3.5 here. Started 152, currently 144, ultimate goal is 125 although I'd be happy at 130 or so.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 (45 years-old). As much as I would love to go back to 105-109, I know it means being on a strict 1000-1100 diet for several months, and then, having to remain at 1300 approx. only to maintain. No way.

Just curious why you'd have to eat so little to maintain that weight. Do you have a thyroid condition or are you just mainly sedentary?
  • mommamia30189
    mommamia30189 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i am 5'3 and weight 137 today- I really want to get into the 120's even 129 would make me happy,. it is just coming off so freaking slow.
  • Isabelle_1929
    edited July 2016
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    I am 5'4 (45 years-old). As much as I would love to go back to 105-109, I know it means being on a strict 1000-1100 diet for several months, and then, having to remain at 1300 approx. only to maintain. No way.

Just curious why you'd have to eat so little to maintain that weight. Do you have a thyroid condition or are you just mainly sedentary?

I am mainly sedentary, although I walk a lot and always have (never owned a car and live downtown a large city).
    So to maintain a weight under 110, at 5'4", I have to stay around 1300/day.

But to maintain at 115-120, I can eat more. I've never calculated precisely, but I know that I can eat enough to never be hungry (except for 30 min. before a meal, which is normal and healthy). Also I can indulge in calorie-dense foods, like ice cream, chocolate, bread and butter, alcohol, etc. once in while, without having to think to much about it. At under 110, it is a different story. If I had a chocolate bar or a portion of fries, a big adjustment had to be done the same day or the day after to compensate. I suppose that if I used exercise to control my weight, I would have to hit the gym.

So yes, 115-120 is a comfortable place to be for me. Under 110 is not.
  • Healthymom0000
    Healthymom0000 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I feel really good around 125. For some reason when I am this weight my family and friends tell me I do not look good. Someone actually thought I had cancer or an eating disorder. I don't see it at all. I feel terrible when I am over 140. Working my way back down now!!!!
  • Isabelle_1929
    Options
    I feel really good around 125. For some reason when I am this weight my family and friends tell me I do not look good. Someone actually thought I had cancer or an eating disorder. I don't see it at all. I feel terrible when I am over 140. Working my way back down now!!!!

0_o

Really? You were at 125 for 5'4" and someone thought you had cancer? Maybe this person lives in an environment where almost everybody is overweight?
  • Isabelle_1929
    edited July 2016
    Options
    jmidd97 wrote: »
    synacious wrote: »

I am mainly sedentary, although I walk a lot and always have (never owned a car and live downtown a large city).
    So to maintain a weight under 110, at 5'4", I have to stay around 1300/day.

But to maintain at 115-120, I can eat more. I've never calculated precisely, but I know that I can eat enough to never be hungry (except for 30 min. before a meal, which is normal and healthy). Also I can indulge in calorie-dense foods, like ice cream, chocolate, bread and butter, alcohol, etc. once in while, without having to think to much about it. At under 110, it is a different story. If I had a chocolate bar or a portion of fries, a big adjustment had to be done the same day or the day after to compensate. I suppose that if I used exercise to control my weight, I would have to hit the gym.

So yes, 115-120 is a comfortable place to be for me. Under 110 is not.

Its so strange and cool how different we all are! I'm the same height, but I just hit 110 this morning on 1500 calories a day.
    I'm a 105-goaler, and its not crazy low for me at all. My highest weight I've been is 130lbs, and I looked like a flabby blob. I'm jealous of those that don't :)

Cool? Well, allow me to think it is NOT cool that some of us can't be as slim as you without starving, but I get your point.
  • Djdj031369
    Djdj031369 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and have weighed everywhere from 119-180 in my adult years. I like myself the most at 140 which is a size 4-6 on me. Leaves me some T&A and have a flat tummy. At 120 my bones showed and though I was thin I didn't look healthy! I want to be healthy and fit not skin and bones.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'3 and my natural weight before developing metabolic syndrome from seroquel was 110. went up to 140 and am now back down to 110 and loving it
  • Fiqahana
    Fiqahana Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, currently 257lbs, I think my goal weight would be 132lbs. I don't think I'll ever want to go below 130lbs. I would be overweight I think if I was over 140lbs. So that's why I prefer 132lbs, I like being a bit chunky than skinny lol. But I guess it depends on preference, all the best hunn :smiley:

Anyway, to anyone out there, if you ever need a friend to accompany you through this journey to a happier and healthier life, motivate you to reach for you goals, support you through ups and downs, I'm always here to be that friend, so feel free to add me! I hope we all will succeed in this journey, until the end! Have a nice day everyone! :)
  • aimeetu
    aimeetu Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I think we all picked it because that's what "they" tell us we should weigh. I'll be happy to get back to 150 I'm 5'3" and 47.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Djdj031369 wrote: »
    I'm 5'4 and have weighed everywhere from 119-180 in my adult years. I like myself the most at 140 which is a size 4-6 on me. Leaves me some T&A and have a flat tummy. At 120 my bones showed and though I was thin I didn't look healthy! I want to be healthy and fit not skin and bones.

This is an excellent example of how bodies can differ at the same height and weight. When I weighed 140 I was wearing a 10-12! At 119 I'm wearing mostly 4s with a few 2s here and there. And I am far from skin and bones. :)