5'3" - 5'4" ladies, what are your weight goals?

Options

Replies

• hollyvalli
    hollyvalli Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    SW 250.2
    CW 236
    GW 160
  • Rosefern1
    Rosefern1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    tapwaters wrote: »
    I think it's really interesting how many of us have a goal between 130-140. I have had the number 130 in my head since I was a chubby 170lb 13-year-old. How did everyone come by their goal weight number?

I had lost some weight about 10 years ago. Was about 190 and got down to about 155. That's probably the lowest I've ever weighed as an adult. I was comfortable at that weight, but still felt like I could lose more weight. 140 is at the top of the normal range for bmi.

• mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    SW 285. *cringe*
    CW 253
    GW 130
    Am only 5ft 3in tall. Yeah, this is going to take a while. Weight is slow to come off, but clothes are getting more loose and my strength and endurance are gradually increasing.

Picked my goal based on what a healthy BMI would be for me.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    nat8199 wrote: »
    I am 5'3'' and my goal is 125 pounds. My profile picture is last week at 130. It is mainly my stomach that I would like to lose from, and the slight rolls on the sides. Considering that I almost hit 200 lbs when I was pregnant with my twins, I am lucky to have the stomach that I do, though.

Very nice physique. Those 5 lbs will make a big difference on you. Amazing work too, by the way.
  • emjam99
    emjam99 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 currently 135 but wanna be 125-130
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I am between 5'3" and 5'4"
    SW: 260+
    CW 170
    GW.. I have no idea. I've thought about 130lbs, but since I am lifting now and will definitely do cut and bulk cycles, I am just going to see where that takes me. I may go lower or higher, but I do not carry my weight well since I am quite petite.
  • Trae3
    Trae3 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3. My highest weight has been 197. My lowest has been around 148.

I'd like to ultimately be 135 but I'd be happy with 145.
  • klrenn
    klrenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm hovering around 130. I've been as low as 109 and as high as 160.

I was ~118 last summer and liked how lean I was, but I wanted more muscle (and a better shaped butt) so bulked up...I don't know exactly what my new goal is because I don't know how much muscle I actually put on...I'm thinking I'll end up 122-125...
  • taylax91
    taylax91 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5-5'4. My highest weight was 209 and right now i'm at 136, ultimately I am trying to get down to 125.
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    5'4" SW: 181 (highest ever), CW: 163, GW:125 then reevaluate based on desired body composition. Clothes fit best when I'm around 115-120 lbs. I look sickly at less than 110 lbs.
  • JPketodiet
    JPketodiet Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your age also, not just your height. I am 5'3" and in my early 50's. My goal is 140. When I was in my early 20's I was about 120 - 125. I think that is too thin for someone my age who has also had 4 children. But that's just my opinion for my own self.
  • KittiesGoMew
    KittiesGoMew Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" myself. Started at 149lbs and currently at 123lbs. My first goal weight is 120lbs so almost there! Once I hit it, I'll reassess how I feel and either decide to maintain at that for a while or possibly go on to a second and final goal weight of around 110'ish.
  • gertmeister
    gertmeister Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Your body composition and muscle mass are more important than the # on the scale...
  • taragaddy26
    taragaddy26 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    KatsMeow12 wrote: »
    I need to be honest, I'm kind of amazed at the 105-120 lb goals. At 39, even with no kids, that seems completely unrealistic to me. Am I being silly? Or lazy?

Please understand I don't mean to be judgmental. If it's right for you, awesome. But it does make my goal weight of 135 feel schlubby!

I am 5'3"
    SW 175/180 I didn't actually weigh myself until several months in so I think I likely weighed more than that. I weighed 174 in April '16
    CW 158/159
    GW is currently 140
    I base that on my body structure. I have naturally muscular thighs & a semi-large booty. I have never been 'thin' so to speak. So your GW doesn't seem schlubby to me. It is whatever you feel is going to work best for your body. I plan to reevaluate at 140 but for now I feel that is my most attainable goal.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Very interesting thread. I picked my original goal of 135 bc I have, excepting 4 pregnancies and a brief bought of grad school induced inactivity and depression, weighed 135-137 since I was 17. I can maintain with little effort and a realistic workout schedule.

I hit 132 in college for a while for crew--but I walked everywhere and worked out twice a day (rowing at 4:30-6 am, running/kickboxing, erging/stair laps for 1-2 hours at night). That schedule would make me crazy--and angry--at age 34, trying to take care of 4 kids 6 & under and homeschool the older two.

So I figured I'd settle back into my 135-7. Then I started lifting heavy instead of just running long. And I'm 130.5 now and might even try to drop a few more pounds, bc I noticed my 135 at 34 was much jigglier than at 19. I'm much stronger now and soon I'll go to maintenance cals and keep lifting to keep de-jiggling.
  • ivylyon
    ivylyon Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I noticed my 135 at 34 was much jigglier than at 19. I'm much stronger now and soon I'll go to maintenance cals and keep lifting to keep de-jiggling.

Ha, yep, I get that. Everything is a little...softer now (I'm 41)
    It's finding a balance between being leaner and not being too scrawny. I don't want to lose too much from my face and look drawn or (eek) haggard. I think weight/resistance work becomes more important as we get older, not just to.look good but to retain our agility and strength.