POKEMON GO

Options

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    It only wants your email address to verify your login (if you chose to use google to login).

Thats what the prompt says it wants...but read articles on what it actually does. PokemonGo is crazy super intrusive/invasive! The only thing PokemonGo CAN'T do with your Google account once you 'accept' is change your Google password or use Google Pay. But they can do anything they want with the rest.

I am not deleting the app yet, but until this is fixed, I will not "accept" their terms.

frankly, it's not any more intrusive than other games that want your email. make a game account if it really concerns you.
  • hobbeskastiel
    hobbeskastiel Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    It only wants your email address to verify your login (if you chose to use google to login).

Thats what the prompt says it wants...but read articles on what it actually does. PokemonGo is crazy super intrusive/invasive! The only thing PokemonGo CAN'T do with your Google account once you 'accept' is change your Google password or use Google Pay. But they can do anything they want with the rest.

I am not deleting the app yet, but until this is fixed, I will not "accept" their terms.

You should make a BS account just for games and stuff.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    We went downtown today and ventured down to our ferry terminal where there are like 4 Pokestops that people put lures on and TONS of PokeHunters hang out there all day catching MagiKarp. We have so many of those floppy little guys now but it was fun and the boy liked that everyone was playing the same thing
  • synchkat
    Options
    Apparently my son likes renaming the Pokemon we catch. We have Mike and Gerald and goodness only knows
    ms62tukwv9qj.png
  • synchkat
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Apparently my son likes renaming the Pokemon we catch. We have Mike and Gerald and goodness only knows
    ms62tukwv9qj.png

"ABiggerBird" :joy:

Ya I've been looking at our list he seems to have fun naming them
    I like my son haha
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Really gettin annoyed with that catching bug. Had to catch some pokemon 5! times before they'd stay put and never mind the pidgey's Somehow the balls just seem to go through them
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    amx6t23emktk.jpg
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    i've been taking my dog to local parks so that i can hit up more stops and i can hatch more eggs. but because the eggs hatch based on gps and aren't connected to your pedometer i feel like i'm cheating on my commute. i take a tram from the train station to my office and there are 9 stops on the way, while i'm collecting the bonuses i'm racking up the kms too. it feels wrong. :( that's my pokemon confession, glad i was able to get that off my chest.
  • rebel_26
    Options
    people driving around in their cars annoy me with this game. I almost rode my bike into the back of a car today in my neighborhood.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    i've been taking my dog to local parks so that i can hit up more stops and i can hatch more eggs. but because the eggs hatch based on gps and aren't connected to your pedometer i feel like i'm cheating on my commute. i take a tram from the train station to my office and there are 9 stops on the way, while i'm collecting the bonuses i'm racking up the kms too. it feels wrong. :( that's my pokemon confession, glad i was able to get that off my chest.

I drive really slow through my neighborhood so I can hatch eggs, LOL. I don't feel badly about it, either! (I'm not looking at my phone or blocking traffic, so it's not unsafe driving. Just pull up Pokemon and set my phone it the holder, and go about 20mph, which is only 5mph less than the speed limit here.)
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options

I drive really slow through my neighborhood so I can hatch eggs, LOL. I don't feel badly about it, either! (I'm not looking at my phone or blocking traffic, so it's not unsafe driving. Just pull up Pokemon and set my phone it the holder, and go about 20mph, which is only 5mph less than the speed limit here.)

that's what my boyfriend does too! when i was visiting he'd even pull over and have me get out of the car with both phones if we're too far away from a stop to access it from the road.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options

that's what my boyfriend does too! when i was visiting he'd even pull over and have me get out of the car with both phones if we're too far away from a stop to access it from the road.

I give my coworker my phone and make her hit the pokestops and catch pokemon while I drive house to house. I think I'm going to find a way to hit down town next.
    Least she can do since I have to drive her.
  • rebel_26
    Options
    I guess to me the "Value" of the game to me seems to be a way to motivate sedentary people to get some cardio though. IMO driving around loses some of the benefits of playing the game and doing something good for yourself but to each their own. I know opinions are like A**holes (everyone has them). I do see a lot more people walking the damn (lake Murray in SC) . Its 1.7 miles one way and many have their phones out so assume they are playing. I personally don't play , but my son does (he is 26)
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    rebel_26 wrote: »
    I guess to me the "Value" of the game to me seems to be a way to motivate sedentary people to get some cardio though. IMO driving around loses some of the benefits of playing the game and doing something good for yourself but to each their own. I know opinions are like A**holes (everyone has them). I do see a lot more people walking the damn (lake Murray in SC) . Its 1.7 miles one way and many have their phones out so assume they are playing. I personally don't play , but my son does (he is 26)

Most of us still walk and play. At least me and my coworker do. But for me having her hit the stops helps because I take my nephew to play on the weekends and at 6 his aiming is off and he went through 100+ balls on a 2 hour walk. So I try to catch up so he can play as much as possible without having to skip pokemon.
    His aim is getting better.