Open Diaries with 'standard' food.

Options

Replies

• karinabree
    karinabree Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I eat normal food. Shop around the outside of the grocery store (produce, fish, eggs) for 90% of what I eat. I also use grocery stores for meals on the go instead of fast food places- run in and get a banana a granola bar and berries for example.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Normal? Standard food?

What does that mean exactly? I'm just not familiar with those terms can someone that eats that way give some examples? Thanks...I'm one of those ppl that likes to understand things so my head doesn't rattle so much. ;)
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Normal? Standard food?

What does that mean exactly? I'm just not familiar with those terms can someone that eats that way give some examples? Thanks...I'm one of those ppl that likes to understand things so my head doesn't rattle so much. ;)

Basically - food that can be found at any grocery store. No need to go to specialty stores or whole foods stores, etc. Hope that helps!
  • caslpierce
    caslpierce Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Mines all "normal" albeit i do try to make healthy choices. Occasionally i add a protein shake so i am not too calorie deficit. (Its target brand vanilla whey so nothing fancy either ;) )
  • beachpizza
    beachpizza Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Check mine out, I don't eat like a Splenda consuming mutant. I eat a lot of eggs and lean meats and DESSERT. I am usually between 1300-1400/day, more the last two weekends because I was away.
  • debradonothin
    debradonothin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I try to eat healthy but I also feel the same way you do...
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, but, I eat currently around 1700 calories per day.
  • MelanieSimmonds1
    MelanieSimmonds1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My diary is open if you wish to have a look and like you, do not want to live on 'diet' foods the rest of my life. I have a daily allowance of 1,500 and eat things like home made bolognese, chilli, shepherds pie, etc. etc. etc... good, hearty stuff :)
  • TarahByte
    TarahByte Posts: 125 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I eat normal, real food and I'm at maintenance, which is still only 1300 for me since I'm so short. I try to exercise a decent amount because I freaking like food though. Feel free to add me and check it out but I don't eat anything special. Usually eggs or yogurt in the mornings and grilled meat and vegetables in the evenings, leftovers for lunch. Also have ice cream and mini snickers here and there. Nothing special. Though I did just sign up for Blue Apron yesterday so we'll see how that works out.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Normal? Standard food?

Basically - food that can be found at any grocery store. No need to go to specialty stores or whole foods stores, etc. Hope that helps!

Thank you, it did! :smiley:
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,139 Member
    Options
    Normal? Standard food?

You can buy low calorie, fat free, and "standard/real" food at any store. You don't need to shop in Whole Foods or TJ for that.

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Normal? Standard food?

From the OP:

"full of special calorie reduced 'diet' bread, powdered peanut butter, fat free, sugar free, flavor free whatever free stuff."

My diary wouldn't count because I have a few fat-free items, sodium-reduced foods, and diet soda pop. I take to mean something like drinking whole milk is okay, but 1% milk is "special diet food".
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    I generally eat between 1200 - 1400 a day and have an open diary :) I rarely eat reduced calorie foods honestly except for splenda in my daily coffee, full fat dairy as well as lots of veggies and beans in my diet. I eat mostly homemade recipes at this point and am doing my best to cut out restaurants and packaged food (there isn't really anything wrong with either except I have to watch my sodium so frozen food isn't great for ME in particular.)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I have a little over 1600 calories and eat gluten free due to celiac disease, but feel free to check out my diary. (dinner yesterday was a scouting picnic and not typical)
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I'm set to 1550 and eat normal food. The only sort of what I call "hippie food" I eat is chia seeds and hemp hearts in my yogurt. I also eat stuff like pizza and beer and just try to keep it in my calories. Feel free to friend me. I log most days but sometimes not on weekends if I'm out and about and it's too hard.
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I keep my diary to myself, but don't eat any low fat stuff or supplements. Actually, I did try some reduced fat soured cream, yesterday, based on positive reviews, and it was rank. Spoiled a good veggie chilli.

Generally, I avoid sweet stuff (I have no off button with it, but don't really enjoy it, most of the time), have a small portion of complex carbs, is usually brown rice or potatoes in their skins, though I will have white rice or some proper chips, occasionally. Only snack when I'm in need of extra fuel, usually hormonally related, and eat plenty of veg. I will quite happily mop up a nice, greasy portion of chicken tikka masala with a load of cauliflower or salad, for example.

And I definitely still indulge in wine. I can live with cheesecake only being a once a month type of thing and now find the idea of palm fat laden cookies and cakes utterly repulsive, but I am not going to be parted from good wine.

I try to walk as much as possible to give myself extra over my 1370kcal allowance.
  • Eleanor_82
    Eleanor_82 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm on a 1200 calorie target. Apart from cutting out alcohol and bread I think my food intake is fairly diverse. Yes there's quinoa and spinach smoothies in there but also the occasional pizza and chocolate.
  • luv2shimmy
    luv2shimmy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like, I eat mainly standard unprocessed foods. The only thing that I eat that might not be considered standard is the yogurt I eat for breakfast (Light and Fit Greek Yogurt), but I think there are very few places in the world where you wouldn't be able to get yogurt. I generally keep my calories under 1200. My sugars are usually high but that's because I eat a good amount of fruit.
  • Samanthor
    Samanthor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You can check mine out. I don't eat any special diet food, and stay under 1350. My whole strategy is to eat in a way I could eat for the rest of my life, just in smaller quantities.

A note, though: I'm having a colonoscopy tomorrow, so today and tomorrow my diary is gonna look super weird (and the last two days I had a restricted diet, so that's a bit off as well). But I've been logging for months, so feel free to go back as far as you want.
  • thequietesthush
    thequietesthush Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Would love some assistance on this too! My goal is set to 1300 at the moment, and mostly eating around that (sometimes going above with exercise) - I live in a country where it's difficult to get prepackaged food that is at all healthy, so I generally try to cook most things fresh, but that does get tiring sometimes! Only recently started logging again after a long period of illness, during which I gained a lot of weight. Would love some tips/help! :)