• reclaimmylife4mfp
    reclaimmylife4mfp Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 and restarting.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,645 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Yes I fit in the "... or older" category. Anyone have opinions about skipping the weekly exercise in the MFP chart?

I'm listed to do three times a week for a total of 570 calories, but sometimes this doesn't work out. Is eating less calories an acceptable way to create the necessary deficit if I don't burn what I should through exercise?

If you're talking about the part of your profile where you say how much time per week you plan to exercise, then that is not already assumed by MFP to happen, when MFP calculates your deficit. It's only used to show (in the exercise diary) how you're doing at meeting the exercise goal you've set for yourself.

MFP calculates your calorie goal based on your age/size information, your "activity level" setting (sedentary, active, etc.), and the amount you target losing per week. Any exercise that you didn't assume when you selected your activity level should be explicitly logged in MFP the day you do it, at which time those calories will be added to your daily calorie goal. Then you're supposed to eat those calories back, too - or part of them, if you're worried they're over-estimated.

So: Eat to your calorie goal. If you exercise and log it separately, eat (at least some of) that back, too. If you don't exercise, the calorie deficit is already in your calorie goal via your profile settings.

And I'm old (60), in maintenance (no longer losing weight), and have a bunch of MFP friends already . . . but hey, whatever. ;)
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I'll be 37 in November. I always welcome new friends. I need all the motivation and support I can get.
  • Justme_1
    Justme_1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    10/12 ths of the way on to 51.
  • x_xKarina
    x_xKarina Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    No I'm 24 but.. If you switch the numbers around.. I'm 42... Lol

Okay.. Yeah not funny. Bad joke.. :(
  • nitinb7
    nitinb7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm over 30 as well. I recently put on some pounds and I'd like to lose them. First time here and I set a (too ambitious?) goal of dropping 10 kilograms. That's 22 pounds, gulp.

I need all the friends and motivation I can get. I can chomp on salad or a bowl of yoghurt happily but then I tend to snack unhealthy. I am also a noob in that I have no clue which food is fattening and which isn't.

I am looking to log daily and be more active. So go ahead and add me - for some discussion and peer motivation!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I'm 39+1
  • projectjen
    projectjen Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    EEEK...I am 39
  • hittingitonemoretime
    hittingitonemoretime Posts: 7,615 Member
    Options
    Will be 37 next month...
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm 33.
  • SaraMA1
    SaraMA1 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm over 30 and looking for new motivational friends. Please add me =)
  • Benzo500
    Benzo500 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    40 and looking better than most 20 year olds! :D
  • philbanet
    philbanet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    47 here. Been on MFP for just over 3 months and lost 37 pounds. Sad to say I just today realized there was a community out here. Typically log food on my phone rather than through the app.
  • Brieyonce
    Brieyonce Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just turned 30
  • ErikaHope203
    ErikaHope203 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    34 here...always looking for more MFP buddies :)
  • OldHound
    OldHound Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    55 here. starting over after getting sidetracked by life...
  • changeme300
    changeme300 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ✨Hello Fitness Friends!✨

Are you looking to add more totally awesome fitness pal's like yourself❓

I'm about 40 years old... (coughs). Lol I have been a MFP member for over 3 years.

I have an open diary and I try to exercise at least 3 times a week.

⬇️

• aidy__b
    aidy__b Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    42 here. Been on MFP for about 3 months and lost about 24lbs so far, although slowed down over the last couple weeks. New friends for encouragement would be welcome!
  • drunner01
    drunner01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    59 . . . but seriously need to get back to earlier shape. For a guy who ran 22 marathons and 3 ultras, I am an embarrassment to the distance running community . . .so I need to get with it!