Back on the Wagon!

Options

Replies

• KyKyPS
    KyKyPS Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Took the previous 5 days off. My precious fur-baby, my 16 year old cat, died. Just trying to play and be happy for my 2 year old son without bursting into tears took all my effort. Ate pizza, chips, ice-cream, choc donuts, wine, G&T's, etc.

Feeling ok enough to climb back on the wagon today. Still crying a lot though...

Thank-you to everyone who posts. It is good to not be alone.
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Chillipea wrote: »
    Took the previous 5 days off. My precious fur-baby, my 16 year old cat, died. Just trying to play and be happy for my 2 year old son without bursting into tears took all my effort. Ate pizza, chips, ice-cream, choc donuts, wine, G&T's, etc.

Feeling ok enough to climb back on the wagon today. Still crying a lot though...

Chillipea,

You gave your cat a wonderful home for 16 happy years. What a lucky, well-loved cat.❤️
    It helps to remember all of the fun and silly things this bundle of fur has done over the years to make you laugh. Laughing with the tears helped me with the loss of my kitties Tigger and Pooh who died within a year of each other. Pooh was 18 and Tigger was 19. Remember that it's ok to be sad...and okay to miss your fur baby.

❤️Jill
  • louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    Options

Awww. So sorry to hear about your cat.
  • louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Darn it. I typed out a whole piece to go with my above quote. Gargh. Anyway....it went something along the lines of don't worry about yesterday, draw a line under it, move on, and focus on next week instead. Make a plan of what you'll eat for the next week and it's one less thing to focus on, and will take the added stress off of you.
  • jm216
    Options
    Happy Monday friends. ;)
    I hope you all have a great day!
  • Jeyradan
    Jeyradan Posts: 164 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry to hear this, but also so glad that your cat had such a great home for so many years. Don't worry about what you ate - you did what you needed to get through a difficult time, it's done, and you're moving forward. It's a blip on the radar. You're back on schedule now, and you'll do great.
  • jm216
    Options
    Today's thought for the day:

1w7iwk88de39.png
  • Jeyradan
    Options
    Victory: yesterday, I made up the last of my calorie overage from my business trip to Canada!

Now that I'm no longer trying to maintain an extra deficit, even the little things I can eat make such a difference! This morning, I blended a frozen banana into my shake and had a slice of toast with (formerly) powdered peanut butter. Today at lunch, I get to have a cereal bar and a slice of toast and jam with my soup!

I know in my head that these are things other people just have without thinking about them, but I'm so excited.
  • jm216
    Options
    Jeyradan wrote: »
    Victory: yesterday, I made up the last of my calorie overage from my business trip to Canada!

Now that I'm no longer trying to maintain an extra deficit, even the little things I can eat make such a difference! This morning, I blended a frozen banana into my shake and had a slice of toast with (formerly) powdered peanut butter. Today at lunch, I get to have a cereal bar and a slice of toast and jam with my soup!

I know in my head that these are things other people just have without thinking about them, but I'm so excited.

Way to go, Jey! Not only are you BACK on the wagon...you're driving it! Feels great to be back in control, and the master of your food destiny!

So proud!
  • jm216
    Options
    I've decided to take control of the clutter in my house that has been holding me back and weighing me down. I tackled the kitchen yesterday, and I have a large bag to take to Goodwill today. It felt great to recycle all of the food containers with missing lids...I threw away my kids " socks without partners" yesterday, too. It's quite liberating!
  • 71lmf
    71lmf Posts: 51 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Still on the wagon but with one foot dangling ;)
    Have started walking again (3-5km/day) and hope to work on a meal plan for next week.
    Need to keep it simple and not let my mistakes derail me altogether.
    One day at a time

L <3
  • Jeyradan
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    I've decided to take control of the clutter in my house that has been holding me back and weighing me down. I tackled the kitchen yesterday, and I have a large bag to take to Goodwill today. It felt great to recycle all of the food containers with missing lids...I threw away my kids " socks without partners" yesterday, too. It's quite liberating!

That sounds wonderful. Congratulations!

I'm going to join you - I'm doing a "big clean" of the house over the next week (starting after this weekend) and I can't wait to have things organised and under control.
  • jm216
    Options
    71lmf wrote: »
    Still on the wagon but with one foot dangling ;)
    Have started walking again (3-5km/day) and hope to work on a meal plan for next week.
    Need to keep it simple and not let my mistakes derail me altogether.
    One day at a time

L <3

Hi L,

Way to go with your walking! Like you said...one step at a time... Get consistent walking, then simple prep and meals.. You've got this!
  • jm216
    Options
    Woo Hoo!
    ibvrcfdpc8zh.png
  • jm216
    Options
    I took on decluttering my daughter's bedroom and the laundry room.... It was awesome and exhausting at the same time.
  • Jeyradan
    Options
    Having a hard time today. It's my first wedding anniversary and I have several surprises planned... but I'm torn between joining in the delicious ones (and completely ruining my calorie allowance) or withholding (and not enjoying the day as much, but being happier afterward).

I'm going to try to just tell myself that if I do let myself go over (and it would be a significant amount if I did), I can make it up to myself over the next few days...

Wish me luck making the right decision, whichever one it is! What would you do?
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Having a hard time today. It's my first wedding anniversary and I have several surprises planned... but I'm torn between joining in the delicious ones (and completely ruining my calorie allowance) or withholding (and not enjoying the day as much, but being happier afterward).

I'm going to try to just tell myself that if I do let myself go over (and it would be a significant amount if I did), I can make it up to myself over the next few days...

It's your wedding anniversary! It's ok to splurge a little as long as you don't go overboard. Maybe you can include a few 20-30min morning walks every day next week to make up for it?

It's important not to 'fall off the wagon' per se, but you shouldn't make it negatively impact your quality of life either. Good luck :) and happy anniversary!!!!!
  • jm216
    Options

It's your wedding anniversary! It's ok to splurge a little as long as you don't go overboard. Maybe you can include a few 20-30min morning walks every day next week to make up for it?

It's important not to 'fall off the wagon' per se, but you shouldn't make it negatively impact your quality of life either. Good luck :) and happy anniversary!!!!!

Hi Jey,

I agree with Jess. I hope you enjoy your wedding anniversary, and indulge yourself. You deserve it!
  • Jeyradan
    Options

I agree with Jess. I hope you enjoy your wedding anniversary, and indulge yourself. You deserve it!

Thank you both for your encouragement! I ended up splitting the difference (enjoying some things and holding back on others) and it was just enough. I was officially under my calorie limit (thanks to plenty of brisk walking that day), but unofficially, I suspect I was probably over. Back on best behaviour now, though!

Mini-goals for this week:
    - at least 45 minutes of exercise each day
    - come in under my calorie limit with room to spare every day
    - consult with the doctor about my nutrition and weight targets

Hope you guys are all doing well - let's start the new week off right!
  • jm216
    Options

Thank you both for your encouragement! I ended up splitting the difference (enjoying some things and holding back on others) and it was just enough. I was officially under my calorie limit (thanks to plenty of brisk walking that day), but unofficially, I suspect I was probably over. Back on best behaviour now, though!

Mini-goals for this week:
    - at least 45 minutes of exercise each day
    - come in under my calorie limit with room to spare every day
    - consult with the doctor about my nutrition and weight targets

Hope you guys are all doing well - let's start the new week off right!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your wedding anniversary. Happy Anniversary!
    My husband and I will be married 21 years September 23rd. <3:):)<3 Time flies when you're having fun!