What is your gym pet peeve?

Options

Replies

• KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    None. I don't go to gym to worry about what others are doing, I go for my goals.

Lolz this is why we're MFP friends...
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    In the past not re-racking the weights has been an issue but I have not seen it lately. Most of the people around my weight room do their work and are generally decent gym mates.

However, I have had a problem with "Rest Between Sets Guy". On Monday I wanted to do deadlifts in the regular deadlift area. But this Brofessor had it locked down and he did 2.5 reps during my entire 45 minute workout. Not 2.5 sets, REPS. I did my deadlifts in the squat area. Had a similar dude take up a BP bench for 45 minutes this morning, but I was done with BP by then.

Use the equipment and get a move on. How do these people have that much time?
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    People who insist on giving you bad lifting advice that is contrary to everything you've read and learned.

YES!!! And then they watch to see if you're taking their advice!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    sfcrocker wrote: »
    My main one is people who sit on the weight machines for 10+ minutes playing on their phones when other people are waiting to use them.

When I saw the title this is what I was gonna post! Especially if they are sitting on a machine in the circuit area. That really chaps my *kitten*
  • futureicon
    futureicon Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    ralfprz wrote: »
    I dont smell the greatest after a 2 hour cardio sesh but theres always that one SUPER STINNNKYY/PISS/B.O person in the gym, huge pet peeve when they start working out next to you and you cant even breathe.

There is one particular guy at my gym that has a ponytail and I call him "Stinkbro" (like a Pokemon because I'm weird) and I swear to God he follows me around the gym. I thought the first couple times it was just because I caught him maybe on an off day of showering, but nope. He just stinks. You stink, bro.

Ha. I used to work out at one gym where there was this old man who would wear one of those plastic suits that wrestlers wear to sweat when they're trying to cut weight, but this guy would wear it every workout and I swear he'd just take it off and throw it in a locker until next time. This guy smelled like walking death, like my eyes would water..
  • Camish911
    Camish911 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My main one is people who sit on the weight machines for 10+ minutes playing on their phones when other people are waiting to use them.

When I saw the title this is what I was gonna post! Especially if they are sitting on a machine in the circuit area. That really chaps my *kitten*

Going along with that... people who walk over to the circuit area just to use the equipment and get in the way of the people who are actually doing the circuit so they have to skip the machine and remember to go back to it.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    people not taking the weights off the barbells when they are done.... grrrrrr. especially the 6'1 + guys who do that at the squat rack
  • meshashesha2012
    Options

just ask to work in. i do. it's never been a problem. how are they supposed to know other people are waiting unless someone tells them?
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options

This is mine as well. Absolutely annoying.
  • meshashesha2012
    Options
    cgvet37 wrote: »
    People who don't re-rack their weights is number one. People who can't put the same plates together, 45's, 35's, etc. People who sit on a piece of equipment for ten minutes between sets.

Yes!!!! like why do they have to put 2 25 plates in front of the 5 pound plates?!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Oh this thread again -_- I see the usual answers but awaiting following answers:
    -women who wear tight clothes
    -women who wear makeup

Shouldn't be long now.

I am looking for a husband. Is that against the rules too?

Better put your lipstick on, hussy!
  • thenananator
    thenananator Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    girls that leave their sweat all over the equipment and don't wipe it down. I mean...if you leave a dang puddle where you were sitting...um please clean it up. GROSS
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I do hate when people don't re-rack the weight, but also when I go and have to move two 45's and a 25 to get to a 10. It's pretty easy to put the weights back in a nice orderly fashion, but people love to put them all on the closest rack because it's the easiet thing to do. Also we have two smith machines in the gym, and it for some shoulder work stuff, and if they are both being used it is easy to find something else to do, but two weeks ago, there was one guy using both smith machines rotating back and forth between each to get his workout done plus take a rest in between, so that was a fun day. He did give one up, when I asked how much longer he was going to be.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    my pet peeve is people that don't focus on their own workout and worry about what others are doing...

It seems you would have to focus on what people are doing to find out that they are worrying about what others are doing, so you aren't really focusing on your workout either...