Are there any foods that are banned in your head?

Options

Replies

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    In my head? Yes. In actuality, no.

I attempt to not have foods that I know from past history I have not been able to portion control, but still have them on occassion with no feelings of regret.

I found I can have them, but not to have a supply of them, in my home.
  • hapa11
    hapa11 Posts: 182 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I read somewhere that if a food is a 10 in your mind, eat it. I try to use that as a guideline rather than actually banning foods. Some just aren't worth it. Oatmeal cookies, no. Lemon bars, yes.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I literally had to ban regular coke and takis (spicy and lemony chips) . As soon as I start eating or drinking them, I lose all control and it always starts a negative cycle with me. Everything else I can control for some reason, like fast food, other junk food etc. it's just cokes and takis that I had to eliminate!
  • fireytiger
    fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Nah, I don't ban anything. That never works for me. I actually have to actively pay attention to finding ways to eat some of those things that I want but are so calorie dense that they don't seem worth it. I've had dreams before of sneaking off from work and gorging myself with fries and giant burgers hand over fist. That's usually an indicator that I need to go to McDonalds or something and indulge in a small fry and cheeseburger to remind my brain that it's okay to have, before I end up bingeing.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Currently: sugar, alcohol, any refined flour/grain products, pizza and any fast foods. Not on a "strict" diet but I have simply chosen to avoid these things to better control my caloric intake.
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I don't ban things from my diet completely. But, I do kind of "ban" things from my house. Like, I can eat a cookie, but I don't buy cookies and keep them in my house (I will eat them all). I can eat a croissant, but you bet your butt that I don't buy packages of them. Things I don't allow in the house (I do all the shopping): Cookies, cake, chips, some types of candies, most bready type things like muffins, croissants, etc...

Much easier to not allow trigger foods in my house. If I want chips, I go buy a 2 oz/300 calorie bag of Tim's Jalapeno. I don't buy the big family bag and eat half the thing.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    The ONLY things I just won't eat are deep fried foods, and that's because they really upset my stomach.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I don't bring foods into the house that I know I have a hard time moderating.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Banning sounds too strong a word but I've substituted sugar with sweeteners like stevia and I try to avoid white pasta. It doesn't even seem yummy to me anymore.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Not banned exactly but I find it hard to allow myself to eat muffins and pastries. I know it will use up a huge portion of my calories for the day and I can't do it.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Beets
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    diet coke! I find that stuff NASTY!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I eat pasta most days. Creamette 150 pasta has been indispensible in getting my fiber intake over 25g/day.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    All fish...that *kitten* is nasty!

Nothing that I enjou eating is banned.
  • iManifestGoals
    iManifestGoals Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ice cream & Mexican Coke. :# So good. But BANNED
  • TheNewMeForLife2015
    Options
    Pasta, rice and potatoes.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Blooming Onions served at restaurants.... they look and smell delicious but I can't imagine wasting 3,000 calories on an appetizer
  • ganival
    ganival Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    regular soda is banned. i'm currently in the process of weaning myself off diet soda and anything with lo/zero cal sweeteners - aceK, stevia, sugar alcohols. i get so incredibly hungry after diet drinks that i want to eat.all.the.things.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    There are these peanuts that I can only get from Mexico; I swear they must have cocaine in them because once I start eating them, I can not stop. I don't allow myself these certain peanuts.
    I can moderate most everything else in my life.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    No banned foods. Banning foods are like telling a kid they can't play a video game, because all they are going to think about is playing a video game.