How I've lost 41 lbs. since April 1, 2016.

Options
2»

Replies

• BodyzLanguage
    BodyzLanguage Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    @ndj1979 You like a debate don't you? You're hilarious. If the lady wants to try her hand at eating Paleo for a week let her do such. Allow her to experience whatever it is she experiences. It certainly wont harm her. You don't have to try and "save" everyone from what they're doing simply because what you're doing works for you. Relax a little, smell some roses.

trying paleo for one week is not going to accomplish anything...just like dieting for a week is not going to accomplish anything..

I am sorry that my spreading of knowledge offends you so much. Maybe stay off the forums if it is causing you that much stress in your life.

I wanna laugh at the ridiculousness of your comment but your mental state is nothing to be laughed at. Everything you spew comes from a sad place. It doesn't take a therapist to see that. Your life must've been tough. It's not too late to fix yourself brother.

Also, no one is offended here. I encourage the sharing of knowledge.

I think it is cute that you follow me around MFP like a little puppy dog...but you may need to find some better hobbies in life.

Nah, not really. The lady said she wanted to try going Paleo for a week and you sounded offended by it. Wouldn't you find more satisfaction being bitter to the people around you in real life rather than folk on a fitness site? You're a special snowflake.

if it does not bother you so much then stop commenting on my posts....I must be under your skin or something..

not offended by anything..just letting her know that trying it for a week is not going to do anything, as it take three to four weeks for any changes in diet to show up. Did you not know that? That is pretty basic fitness information. Instead of following me around all the time, maybe try studying up on this stuff. It might help you look a little less foolish.

Nope, not at all. I'm simply responding. That's normally the case when two people are conversing. And I don't recall saying her being on it for a week would result in radical changes or any change if that. My point was let her do her, experience what she does and she'll take it from there. Anyway I'm glad you're not offended by her choice. That's normal human conduct. Thanks for clearing that up brother.
  • BillMcKay1
    BillMcKay1 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    BillMcKay1 wrote: »
    jnancejr wrote: »
    Thank you. Regarding missing carbs, I still eat carbs during the week...just healthy carbs comprised of fruits and vegetables. .

A carbohydrate cannot be healthy or unhealthy. The body utilizes them all the same way.

True, but some come packed with nutrients your body needs, and some don't. Now if you are getting plenty of the ones with nutrients having some without is no big deal. If all you are eating or mostly eating is carbs with no nutritional value, that can't really be considered healthy for your bodies long term health and well being.

OP, well done!
    what if you get your nutrients from other sources?

Where are you going to get your dietary fiber from? Pop tarts?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Regarding missing carbs, I still eat carbs during the week...just healthy carbs comprised of fruits and vegetables. .

A carbohydrate cannot be healthy or unhealthy. The body utilizes them all the same way.

True, but some come packed with nutrients your body needs, and some don't. Now if you are getting plenty of the ones with nutrients having some without is no big deal. If all you are eating or mostly eating is carbs with no nutritional value, that can't really be considered healthy for your bodies long term health and well being.

OP, well done!

here is a starting place for you ..

Food Portion Amount of Fiber
    Raspberries, raw 1 cup 8 g
    Blueberries, raw 1 cup 4 g
    Currants (red and white), raw 1 cup 5 g
    Strawberries, raw 1 cup 3 g
    Boysenberries, frozen 1 cup 7 g
    Gooseberries, raw 1 cup 6 g
    Loganberries, frozen 1 cup 8 g
    Elderberries, raw 1 cup 10 g
    Blackberries, raw 1 cup 8 g
  • BillMcKay1
    BillMcKay1 Posts: 315 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

OP, well done!

here is a starting place for you ..

Food Portion Amount of Fiber
    Raspberries, raw 1 cup 8 g
    Blueberries, raw 1 cup 4 g
    Currants (red and white), raw 1 cup 5 g
    Strawberries, raw 1 cup 3 g
    Boysenberries, frozen 1 cup 7 g
    Gooseberries, raw 1 cup 6 g
    Loganberries, frozen 1 cup 8 g
    Elderberries, raw 1 cup 10 g
    Blackberries, raw 1 cup 8 g

Uh, ya. Those are the types of nutrient rich carbs I was referring to. Did you even read my post at all or just jump right into debate mode thinking i said no carbs or sugars are good? Add to those

Peas
    Skin on Potatoes
    Brussels (even though I personally despise them)
    Parsnips
    Broccoli
    Asparagus
    and the list goes on.
  • beaglebrandon
    beaglebrandon Posts: 97 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    also, you can do what OP did by just eating in a calorie deficit.....

Exactly. That's what I've done as well.

I've lost 44 pounds by just CICO.

I have a very similar story and weight as jnancejr. I also started on April 1, 2016. I'm 5'8" and lost from 223 to 179. Still going for another 20 or so.

I watch CICO, eat anything I want, but I have to watch the calories. I had pizza and wings last week and a donut yesterday. I also drink Whiskey once a week.

I ate one slice of pizza and 3 wings for lunch last week. The calories were fine, but I felt like I was starving later in the day as those calories weren't good enough nutrient-wise to fill me up. When I eat healthier (6 of 7 days a week), it's much easier to get through the day.

• red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    @ndj1979 You like a debate don't you? You're hilarious. If the lady wants to try her hand at eating Paleo for a week let her do such. Allow her to experience whatever it is she experiences. It certainly wont harm her. You don't have to try and "save" everyone from what they're doing simply because what you're doing works for you. Relax a little, smell some roses.

trying paleo for one week is not going to accomplish anything...just like dieting for a week is not going to accomplish anything..

I am sorry that my spreading of knowledge offends you so much. Maybe stay off the forums if it is causing you that much stress in your life.

I think it will help them .. we all need to find a way of eating that we like and can live with .. I would say try it and see.if you like eating that way..scales move over time no matter what you eat .. up or down
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I too have recently lost 40 lbs. I walk daily and will be back shortly to 2x week yoga.
    I currently eat about 1400 calories. I limit my carbs and sugars.
    I enjoy a wide variety of food!
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I understand that the body uses carbohydrates the same way regardless of the food source. However, Doritos and doughnuts are not healthy sources of carbohydrates.

who eats a diet of 100% Doritos and doughnuts?

Best diet ever.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @BodyzLanguage have you discovered the ignore function here, clicking on that can avoid a lot of annoyance :wink:
  • BodyzLanguage
    BodyzLanguage Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    @Christine_72 I normally ignore the nonsensical self proclaimed forum professors but yesterday I was in a mood to pull up anyone on anything I had an issue with.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss success OP! It's a great feeling being able to watch your body change for the better!
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Well done, glad it works for you. I have lost 55lb in about 4 weeks more and that sounds like too much of a faff and way too restrictive for me. Each to their own though!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss, and finding a way to create that 100% necessary calorie deficit! While the paleo diet is what worked for you, it will not be the way of eating that is sustainable for others.

Keep up the good work!
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, the obligatory "complaining about how mean someone else is while spewing the worst insult in the whole thread". How I missed that.