May be small but still a success

memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
I did an extra 5 mins on the treadmill tonight. I even managed to run for about 30 seconds!! That is something I haven't done in YEARS!!!! While this might seem like a tiny victory to some, for me it's almost astronomical!!! Especially after how bad I felt about myself last night!!!

I was going to try the 30day shred again tonight but my dh was in the workout room with me and that makes me kind of uncomfortable. But one small step for MEMAW!!!!!

Memaw

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    I did an extra 5 mins on the treadmill tonight. I even managed to run for about 30 seconds!! That is something I haven't done in YEARS!!!! While this might seem like a tiny victory to some, for me it's almost astronomical!!! Especially after how bad I felt about myself last night!!!

I was going to try the 30day shred again tonight but my dh was in the workout room with me and that makes me kind of uncomfortable. But one small step for MEMAW!!!!!

Memaw
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member

Memaw
    WAY TO GO MEMAW indeed!!:flowerforyou: Nothing small about a victory that's for sure!:wink: Good for you, you bounced RIGHT BACK:heart::drinker:

FC:heart:
  • valw97
    valw97 Posts: 80 Member
    Good Job!:happy:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    awesome job, keep up the great work.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Way to go for small but very significant victories!!! :bigsmile: I can't wait for the day I can run! You are doing so great keep it up!:flowerforyou: :drinker:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    we are the sum of our small steps... (someone has that in her signature and I LOVE it!) Way to go!
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Even an extra minute is better then before and you did 5 times that. Way to go and keep up the good work:smile:
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Well Done! :flowerforyou:
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    ya memaw!!

it's so important to acknowledge even small little victories, because they make you feel good about yourself, which is so integral to healthy living.

here is tomorrow and the next extra minute!:flowerforyou:
  • It must feel wonderful to be able to run, even if only for thirty seconds, if you have not been able to run in years. Maybe in a few days see if you can extend that to 45 seconds :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!