P90X

Options

Replies

• cjbranson
    cjbranson Posts: 121
    Options
    WOW! Are you guys ever encouraging!! I hate to admit it, but I haven't posted on here (much less read) in a while, due to guilt! I just got caught up on everyone's progress, and have been re-inspired!:drinker: I missed 4 workouts (mostly because of sleep!:yawn: ), and cheated badly on my diet for 2 days! I wasn't seeing much change after 2 weeks on the program (P90X), so started getting into a "funk"...but after getting caught up on this thread, it seems that everyone has the same issues, that you guys are over coming! GREAT JOB!!! And thanks to all for keeping me going! :bigsmile:

Glad you're out of the funk and back in the saddle and I know you'll be able to make it all the way through! Loved what you wrote in your profile about your wife:flowerforyou: and family. My husband and I are working out together and are loving it. Can't wait to get to know you better!

Christina
    christinabranson.blogspot.com
  • cjbranson
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I've been stressed big time about not seeing my scale budge :grumble: so I think I'll get one of those skin calipers to measure my body fat. Congrats on finishing P90X! I'm on day 19 and I can't wait to say I've made it all the way through!

No problem. I visited the blogs that you and your husband post. I enjoyed reading them, and appreciate the scripture as well! Good luck with the P90X stick with it, you will see great results!

Thanks for checking out our blogs... not many do, I don't think, but that's ok. We are just trying to keep track of our days to give us some perspective when we go back and read them. Glad you liked the scripture... we could have left all that off but that's who we are and we're not ashamed! Have a great day!
  • nikiluvsmikayla
    Options
    I ordered the p90x two days ago and i have had a baby and i have a muffin top,can i really lose that by using the p90x? Ijust watch the commercials and they are so convincing? Do you really get the results like it says you do?
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I ordered the p90x two days ago and i have had a baby and i have a muffin top,can i really lose that by using the p90x? Ijust watch the commercials and they are so convincing? Do you really get the results like it says you do?

Oh yeah, you will lose the muffin top! I lost a lot of inches from my waist & hips!! You have to push play and work hard but you can do it! The infomercials are real people that got real results. No gimmicks, that's what I love about P90X!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Thanks for checking out our blogs... not many do, I don't think, but that's ok. We are just trying to keep track of our days to give us some perspective when we go back and read them. Glad you liked the scripture... we could have left all that off but that's who we are and we're not ashamed! Have a great day!

Great job! Loved the blog and love the scripture too from another Christian Mom! :bigsmile:

Jess
  • jokerrn
    jokerrn Posts: 51
    Options
    Been a little bit, but I'm still here and still cranking it out. In week 3 now and have only missed 45 min of Yoga so far. I think I'm starting to see some results around my belly and in my chest and arms. Official Dr scale said down 7lbs today (with clothes on) from where I started (with no clothes on).

I am still excited to workout everyday and haven't lost motivation at all yet. I love this program so far.

Thanks to all for posting and let's keep this thing going.
  • kenewayne
    kenewayne Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Been a little bit, but I'm still here and still cranking it out. In week 3 now and have only missed 45 min of Yoga so far. I think I'm starting to see some results around my belly and in my chest and arms. Official Dr scale said down 7lbs today (with clothes on) from where I started (with no clothes on).

I am still excited to workout everyday and haven't lost motivation at all yet. I love this program so far.

Thanks to all for posting and let's keep this thing going.

Great job! Keep that motivation going!! :drinker: I just recently re-discovered mine!! I just finished Legs & Back this morning (along with AbRipper X!)....I'm going to throw up now.:sick:

Have a great day everyone!! :happy:
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have only thrown up from Plyo :laugh: Saturday starts Phase III for me, kind of sad this has been a great journey.
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I ordered p90x over the holidays and am still waiting for it to arrive. I've started back running and throwing in some pushups, situps, and pullups trying to ease the transition. They said I'd receive a tracking number when it was shipped but still nothing. Don't know if they shut down over the holidays or what but I'm truly excited about the program. Done a lot of research and it seems to be as solid as anything I've found. Can't wait to start!:wink:

I am still waiting too, I think that they must be blogged down with orders, you know those New Year Resolutions :laugh:
  • RunningSteph
    Options
    I bought it yesterday off Amazon for $60!! My husband *says* he's going to try to do it with me, we'll see. I'm thinking we'll start on Feb 1st. I uper pumped! I can't wait till it gets here!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Great job! Keep that motivation going!! :drinker: I just recently re-discovered mine!! I just finished Legs & Back this morning (along with AbRipper X!)....I'm going to throw up now.:sick:

Have a great day everyone!! :happy:

Glad you found your motivation! WTG getting back to it!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I bought it yesterday off Amazon for $60!! My husband *says* he's going to try to do it with me, we'll see. I'm thinking we'll start on Feb 1st. I uper pumped! I can't wait till it gets here!

My hubby didn't join me until I had been using it for a while. But once he did, he was hooked too and now he's lost 17# and feels awesome!! :bigsmile:

Jess
  • cjbranson
    Options

My husband are doing the program together and while it was a bit awkward at first, we love it now!!! It's funny because when our schedules are all screwed up, I'll suggest that we split up and do it on our own and he won't even hear of it! He says we're doing this together and we'll figure out a time to do it together! That's so hilarious to me because I had to talk him into starting it in the first place!

Best of luck to you two... :happy:

http://www.christinabranson.blogspot.com
  • jokerrn
    jokerrn Posts: 51
    Options

My husband are doing the program together and while it was a bit awkward at first, we love it now!!! It's funny because when our schedules are all screwed up, I'll suggest that we split up and do it on our own and he won't even hear of it! He says we're doing this together and we'll figure out a time to do it together! That's so hilarious to me because I had to talk him into starting it in the first place!

Best of luck to you two... :happy:

http://www.christinabranson.blogspot.com

Good blog you got going there. I enjoyed reading it. I too look for small victories in this thing. Mine yesterday was doing every rep of Ab Ripper X for the first time...still haven't held the wall squats for the whole time...that's next. Thanks for the motivation!
  • Jig2000
    Options
    I'm celebrating...Today was day one of my first recovery week. I'm very proud of myself. This my second attempt at P90x and my first time I made it technically three weeks but I skipped so many days it was probably 10-12 days. I feel great, my jeans and suits fit better already and I can't wait to take my day 30 pictures next week. If you are just starting P90x stick to it, stick to the diet and you will see results. I would not focus on the scale though as you are building muscle you will not see astronomical differences.

Good Luck, and remember as Tony would say, do you BEST and forget the REST, or Breathe, or Bring It! LOL I love P90x
  • Jig2000
    Options
    It does not have to be the end, I plan to start again, and again when I meet day 90 I want to see how many times I can do it over and over again, but eventually I may modify the workouts to make it 5 days a week but this is not the end of the journey for you you are preparing for a new MOUNTAIN.
  • Go_Duke
    Go_Duke Posts: 66
    Options

My hubby didn't join me until I had been using it for a while. But once he did, he was hooked too and now he's lost 17# and feels awesome!! :bigsmile:

Jess

lol we've had it since May of 07 my wife did two 90 day intervals and got totally ripped, I sat on my butt and didnt do it

now Im on recovery week phase 1 bout to go to phase 2, I havent missed a beat (except some Yoga due to time constraints, dang thats a long one :laugh: )
    clothes are getting really loose and I have way more energy than b4

since Mid of Dec Ive lost 23 LBS too WOOT!!

P90X4LIFE
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    P90X is a great workout. I've used it for a little over a year now. I generally go to the gym during the week on my lunch hour, and use part of a P90X workout in the evening if I am at home. Then I use a full P90X workout on the weekend. My goal is 4000-5000 cals. burned each week. I've found early on that I do not have time to do a strict 90 days of the X. For me, the biggest obstacle to total fitness is my diet. When I commit to clean eating, the fat disappears quickly...imagine that!
  • RunningSteph
    Options
    I can't wait to get mine now!!!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    It does not have to be the end, I plan to start again, and again when I meet day 90 I want to see how many times I can do it over and over again, but eventually I may modify the workouts to make it 5 days a week but this is not the end of the journey for you you are preparing for a new MOUNTAIN.

Yep, you can keep using it in different ways. My hubby doesn't have time for the full hour, so he uses the weight workouts but does just one set of each exercise (ie, one round of pushups & pullups for Chest & Back, one set of each exercise for Shoulders & Arms) and he lifts HEAVY. Rarely does he lift over 10 reps, usually he works it to failure by 8 reps. I have used the X, added in the X+, fit in my triathlon training last year, etc. It's a really versatile program!

Jess