Moms/Support & Motivation/Weight Loss Group

Options

Replies

• SliverBulletsUK
    SliverBulletsUK Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I think it has to be set up as an actual group, this is just a chat. The topbrifht corner has a star, if you click that it will be added to your favourites and then you will see notifications etc :)
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    @quiltlovinlisa that sounds delicious! What is broccoli slaw? Do you make it from scratch?

I buy the eat smart broccoli slaw, basically it's just raw veggies in nice, "slaw" form. It's a great time savor for those ultra busy days. I've been experimenting with it cooked and it's fabulous raw, with a little salad dressing over the top.
  • fit_healthy
    fit_healthy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
  • fit_healthy
    fit_healthy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I hate the word "can't", especially when the kids say it. I always tell them you need to try, and if that doesn't work. Then think out of the box, you can always do something when you put your mind to it.
  • romy113
    romy113 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So, I totally blew it today after a solid week of doing really well. I had a stressful day and then a night with no kids...ordered sushi and drank sake. Nice, but landed me a solid 600 calories over where is should've been. Starting over tomorrow. Good night ladies! Good job today...I see a lot of you killed it!
  • akmomof7
    akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    romy113 wrote: »
    So, I totally blew it today after a solid week of doing really well. I had a stressful day and then a night with no kids...ordered sushi and drank sake. Nice, but landed me a solid 600 calories over where is should've been. Starting over tomorrow. Good night ladies! Good job today...I see a lot of you killed it!
    Glad you are getting right back at it! An occasional off plan day won't derail your efforts! I actually think my first off plan meal (eventually ) will probably be sushi too! So delicious!
  • RosslandMTBr
    RosslandMTBr Posts: 78 Member
    Options

Honestly, I wouldn't beat yourself up about it. I have had a few days over my calories (they are often sushi) and it has not hindered my weight loss that much. If anything, I think it has helped me to stay focused. Eating at a deficit for too long can be stressful, having a break usually helps relieve some of that stress so you can stay on track in the long run. Just go back to business as usual tomorrow.

• mrslambert824
    mrslambert824 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I made a group for us! It's open and has the same name as this discussion so we can join easily! Here's the link! https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/115568-moms-support-and-motivation-weight-loss-group
  • jenniebean310
    jenniebean310 Posts: 60 Member
    Options

Didn't you see my quote today? One day isn't bad. We all have our slips and the fact that you are owning up to it & are going to work hard tomorrow is the important thing. While calories are important, quality nutrient intake is even more so..... If you're gonna go over your calories I'd rather see sushi than fast food! Don't sweat the small stuff, tomorrow is a new day & you got this.
  • kimpacheco22
    kimpacheco22 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    WEDNESDAY CHALLENGE: Go to your kitchen and find (at least) one unhealthy item that is keeping you from reaching your health and fitness goals. Then, post a pic of you saying goodbye and throwing it in the trash. Having unhealthy foods around the house sets you up for failure….We want to be prepared to succeed!
  • kimpacheco22
    Options
    Okay, am I just missing something? I thought I joined this group but it doesn't show up in my groups? What am I doing wrong ladies??
    Hi @mrslambert824 I created this group in the challenge section, because I post daily challenges for the group. And honestly, I didn't even notice there was an actual "group" section. Lol.

• kimpacheco22
    Options
    Question: would everyone prefer to move to an actual "group", or are you okay with the way we've been doing this so far? I don't mind either way.
  • BohemianTanya
    BohemianTanya Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the party but would love to join this group! I'm 6 weeks postpartum after having my first baby, I was overweight to begin with when I got pregnant and stil gained way too much weight, 40lbs and so far have only lost 10. Currently 260 and have a lofty goal of 80 pounds to 180. In the past I have lost about 50lbs following graduating with my LPN degree and felt healthy and confident at 180 so I think that's a good first goal. I regained all that 50lbs over the next 4 years or so, which started with going back to school for my RN and moving to a tiny town with no gym and workout partners I had in my previous city. I think the biggest thing from keeping me from losing the weight is using being tired from work or working night shifts as an excuse to not work out or to eat like crap; I work 12 hour shifts at a high stress job and commute 30min each way; but I have 6 weeks left before going back to work so I'm hoping to really kick start a routine of healthy eating and working out to stick with before I head back!
  • jenniebean310
    jenniebean310 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    WEDNESDAY CHALLENGE: Go to your kitchen and find (at least) one unhealthy item that is keeping you from reaching your health and fitness goals. Then, post a pic of you saying goodbye and throwing it in the trash. Having unhealthy foods around the house sets you up for failure….We want to be prepared to succeed!

I say this challenge is awesome! But I have no pick to give you. My family already rolled their eyes at me because I did this with EVERYTHING unhealthy in the house a little over a week ago.
  • RosslandMTBr
    Options

I don't have a pic for you but in the last week I made my husband take a box of protein bars in to work with them because I couldn't be trusted around them. Nutritionally they weren't that bad but they were so darn tasty that I couldn't just eat one. Now that they are out of the house it is out of sight and out of mind.

My husband has junk food in the house but I don't touch it. One of my tricks is that I make him buy only stuff that I can't eat. I have celiac disease and I am sensitive to casein so I simply can't eat the stuff he eats. It keeps me on track and I have such severe reactions to gluten that I am not at all tempted.

• Thafethik
    Thafethik Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bbgraine wrote: »

I don't have a pic for you but in the last week I made my husband take a box of protein bars in to work with them because I couldn't be trusted around them. Nutritionally they weren't that bad but they were so darn tasty that I couldn't just eat one. Now that they are out of the house it is out of sight and out of mind.

My husband has junk food in the house but I don't touch it. One of my tricks is that I make him buy only stuff that I can't eat. I have celiac disease and I am sensitive to casein so I simply can't eat the stuff he eats. It keeps me on track and I have such severe reactions to gluten that I am not at all tempted.

My sons has celiac disease. We had to toss alot due to this. Changed the way we eat also. Still learning about foods for him
  • kimpacheco22
    Options
    @romy113 I was beating myself up last night for giving in to a couple of glasses of wine!!! When I weighed myself this morning I had lost an additional 2 pounds from all the hard work I did last week. So don't beat yourself up. I tiny slip up is not going to ruin everything you've been doing. Just pick up where you left off. :)
  • RosslandMTBr
    Options
    My sons has celiac disease. We had to toss alot due to this. Changed the way we eat also. Still learning about foods for him

It's definitely a lot of trial and error. I made a lot of mistakes in the beginning and ended up getting glutened. Now it is second nature. The hardest part is educating those around you so good is safe when you go to other people's houses.