Ladies in their 30s with similar goals who want support

Options

Replies

• kiri127
    kiri127 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    Steph2285 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm 31 in NC. I weigh the most I've ever weighed & I'm completely disgusted by it! I HAVE to lose this weight... I want to feel good again! My goal is to lose about 30lbs. I'm only 5'2" so every pound shows. My husband can eat and eat and eat and never gains, he's nothing but muscle. I eat a fraction of what he eats & I just keep packing it on! I've gained over 20lbs since our wedding last year. I want to be healthy and feel good about myself again. I'm determined! But I need some support from others who know how I feel. I would love to join in with you guys! <3 Steph

Steph, that's great that you want be healthy and feel good! I've sent you a friend request. We all have different motivations and circumstances, but our ultimate goal is the same. Let's get there together! -Kirsten
  • kiri127
    Options
    Steph2285 wrote: »
    Is there a group we could be in together to help motivate & support each other?

If there are specific "groups" on MFP, I haven't discovered them. Happily, through this thread, a bunch of us 30something ladies have friended each other to create our own supportive community that continues to grow! Welcome!
  • MisFitRN
    MisFitRN Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    I'm a nurse. I'm usually on nightshift and this has really screwed up my weight and complexion. I'm hoping to get back to my weight last year. I don't go by specific weights cause when I'm really fit I weigh more, but theoretically I think I'm looking to lose about 15 pounds.

I started using MFP in 2011 at my heaviest and least healthy weight. I've changed body composition and body type through a million different workout regimines. Now I'm battling with night shift, a new job, and school. Stress, eating out a lot, and very little time to hit the gym is kicking my butt. I'm ready to get back on the wagon. Let's do this!
  • kiri127
    Options
    mjnrs386 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    I'm a nurse. I'm usually on nightshift and this has really screwed up my weight and complexion. I'm hoping to get back to my weight last year. I don't go by specific weights cause when I'm really fit I weigh more, but theoretically I think I'm looking to lose about 15 pounds.

I started using MFP in 2011 at my heaviest and least healthy weight. I've changed body composition and body type through a million different workout regimines. Now I'm battling with night shift, a new job, and school. Stress, eating out a lot, and very little time to hit the gym is kicking my butt. I'm ready to get back on the wagon. Let's do this!

Nurses have it so tough! You work so hard, but your body and internal clock can get so out of whack. We all have different challenges, but we support each other to get to the same place; healthy bodies and happy minds
  • MisFitRN
    MisFitRN Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    nitaaaaa wrote: »
    I'm 31 and would like to lose about 50lbs- jeez it sounds so overwhelming just typing it. My biggest challenge is the pressure I get from my family (especially since I am single and of course they say no one will ever marry me like "this") .. It makes me really mad bc I don't want to lose weight for them, they should accept me the way I am even if I never lost another pound. Ironically, when they stop pressuring me is when I tend to lose the most anyway. I know it's counterproductive to not want to do something good for yourself bc others are demanding it, but it's really hindering me. What can I do?

Wtf? You are so beautiful and the person you end up being with should love you exactly how you are, not because you look like a picture in a magazine. You gotta want to lose weight for yourself and for your own personal gain, not to please haters. Stand up for yourself. You deserve to be appreciated for your gorgeous self, just as you are. <3
  • KittyVida
    KittyVida Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello, all. I'm 34 years old. Just had my third son 17 months ago. He is 10 years younger than my middle son and 15 years difference from my oldest.
    Having this baby in my later years really took a toll on my body. Hoping to get back down to my pre baby weight of 118 but I'm having trouble. I've lost 20 lbs since the baby's birth but I keep fluctuating around 130 no matter how hard I push! I could really use some motivation and support.
  • Shawn01901
    Shawn01901 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm 32 mother of 3 year old twins! I live outside of the Philadelphia area I'm looking for accountability and would love to meet others with similar goals!!! I would love to lose 30 lbs my weight yo yo and would love to drop the weight and maintain it long term!! Looking forward to making friends in here!!!!!!
  • lpshizza
    lpshizza Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    34 year old mom of 4 here! Feel free to add me.
  • Booksandoceans
    Booksandoceans Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    30something, mother, single, looking to maintain and tone. (5'8", 139 pounds as of today.)
  • iamgunz
    iamgunz Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Please add me!!, I am mother of one, in mid 30's !!!
  • kiri127
    Options
    Welcome moms! So great to have so many moms in their 30s! Extra support when you can relate to more people!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I'm in my late 30s, but sometimes I feel twice that. It's not because of my mobility or metabolism... it's because of my attitude. This morning I'm feeling like the little old man in Up. :angry:
  • Steph2285
    Steph2285 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    mjnrs386 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I also work in Healthcare, and it is SOO hard to stay on track & eat right. I have 2 jobs, working in CT & Mammography & my schedule is crazy! haha It's difficult to get a routine down, but I actually had the best routine ever while I was on midnights, it's just hard to get that initial motivation bc your body is so thrown off. We will all help each other
  • momentarydenizen
    momentarydenizen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 30 with two small kiddos. My goal is to lose 60 lbs. just kept packing it on after we got married in 2008. Then our son was born 2012. And we had a surprise daughter January this year. My plan to see results is cleaner eating, walking with the kids every day I can, plus the occasional video, when I can. Let's face it with kids... The videos almost never happen! And I'm also on day 7 of the advocare challenge. Please feel free to add me as a friend!!! I need motivational buddies! And hopefully I can help motivate you. ☺️
  • Billyin4c
    Billyin4c Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 35 and looking to lose about 50 pounds. We can do this! Feel free to add me.
  • Mominajourney
    Mominajourney Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Maggie here, Im a 31 year old female looking to lose about 40-50 lbs. near STL.

I am 31 near stl..i have 50 lbs to lose, and am on day 1 of my journey
  • atulk1225
    atulk1225 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I'm 38, mother of three in Niagara Falls, Canada
    My goal is to lose 45 pounds. I am down 25 but seem to be stuck for the past couple of weeks. Could use some motivation and any tips are welcome.
    Feel free to add me as a friend, could use a few!!
  • kateflew
    kateflew Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 and had my first baby 7 months ago.
    Goal is to lose 25kg (I'm also from Australia). Just started this week on MFP.