daily gratitude check

Options

Replies

• keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I have not stopped by for a few days. But I have been grateful for many things and people.
    Today I am grateful for
    my daughters and the wonderful young women they are becoming.
    The new bible study I am starting
    That God has provided for our needs and many of our wants.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,986 Member
    Options
    It is a beautiful partly cloudy chilly day. It looks like oregonlady and I are thinking alike once again. :flowerforyou:

Today I am grateful for:

1. New Balance WIDE crosstrainers. OMG I just found them! Finally - comfort.
    2. Reggae music: specifically SpearHead (Michael Franti) "Rebel Rockers"
    3. A body healthy enought to dance to #2.
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    thursday:grumble: my house cleaning day.:grumble:

:heart: my son is grateful for his new headphones
    :heart: if i get off my puter this am, my house will get cleamed!
    :heart: i bought a new candle last night. i can hardly wait to light it and smell it's wonderful flower smell. (i love candles)
    :heart: big baggy tshirts. wearing one makes me feel smaller.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful that....

Even though it is cold,I have a house to live in
    A job that pays the bills.
    Terrific friends in real life and cyber land.
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    :heart: the oatmeal (had it for breakfast, yummy - why do people put extra sugar on it?)
    :heart: the strength to start anew with this lifestyle change even after messing it up the day before
    :heart: my mum, dad (and miss them) and hubs
    I hope to :heart: it having exercised today, but will only find out in 2hrs if I was strong enough :wink:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful for the 8 years I had with Loki. He will be forever missed.

I'm grateful for my wonderful husband and my family and friends.
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    I'm grateful that God is patient with me and he's giving me time to work on myself....:smile:
  • keiko
    Options
    I know I've used this one before but I've been watching it again today.
    I'm grateful for the birds outside. How seeing that God is watching over them and providing for them gives me the confidence to know He is taking care of me and for that I am very grateful.
  • dewpearl
    Options
    :heart: the oatmeal (had it for breakfast, yummy - why do people put extra sugar on it?)
    :heart: the strength to start anew with this lifestyle change even after messing it up the day before
    :heart: my mum, dad (and miss them) and hubs
    I hope to :heart: it having exercised today, but will only find out in 2hrs if I was strong enough :wink:

Yeay, I did it! :happy:
    Plus, I :heart: the way I had enough calories left, to allow myself a treat :wink: .
  • cmriverside
    Options
    It is a beautiful gray day today with no rain! And oregonlady has shared a close-up of her tee shirt. :huh: .....I like it.

I am so grateful for my roommates.

1. Senior Siamese - - He always wants to be right next to me (though HE must initiate any "touching".)
    2. Beautiful Ms.Tortie - - She will chase a feather-toy to exhaustion. **NOTE: she has a beautifully toned physique and incredible stamina!
    3. BigBlackLapCat - - This boy is a hunk-o-lazy-love-and-shyness.
    064emaillargebudhi.jpg
    066emaillargeraisin.jpg
    IMG_0881emaillargehomer.jpg
  • sweetassurance
    Options
    Today I am grateful because I am..

1.Hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; :noway:
    2.perplexed, but not in despair; :bigsmile:
    3. persecuted, but not abandoned; :happy:
    4. struck down, but not destroyed. :smile:

I am on a mission and proud of it. :flowerforyou:
  • oregonlady
    Options
    good moring grateful people.:smile:
    i'm frusterated cause my lbs r up this AM and i did not overeat yesterday. i did gorged the evening before though. :angry:

grateful?
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:heart: for the first time ever, i booked a resort room on the oregon coast for my hubby and i to have a mini vacation this sunday! ~would u like to babysit 4 me?
    :heart: i have nothing i need to do today. it'll be a day full of anything i want!
    ~~~~~ :glasses: a long workout?
    ~~~~~:glasses: leasurely trip to grocery store?
    ~~~~~ :glasses: i'll fix something "special" for my family for dinner?
    ~~~~~ :glasses: if no rain, i'll walk this afternoon.?

fun cat pics cmriver!
  • keiko
    Options
    Robin, it's probably just water weight. Don't stress over it. Enjoy your getaway with your husband. I just found a new spot only an hour away. If I can save up some money sometime I'm going to surprise DH.

Today I am grateful that we have enough money to go grocery shopping today and we have a gift card so we are having lunch at the Olive Garden. I like that we are going for lunch so I can have soup and I am hoping to stop at one breadstick! those things are the:devil:

I'm also grateful that we both are healthy, there is so much flu/colds going around. Plus I know a few that are struggling with the pain of cancer. Some of these people are such an inspiration to us. Praising God through their pain and their families pain. It keeps my problems in perspective.
  • jcpm98
    jcpm98 Posts: 114
    Options
    I see that you have lost over 60lbs!! Congrats!! My goal is to lose 150lbs, I am 3 weeks into my goal and I have lost 8lbs. Do you have any pointers, suggestions??? Thank you in advance for any help!!!

Jess
  • cmriverside
    Options
    It is a beautiful Friday. Where are all my grateful MFPers? Good morning! :happy:

I am grateful today for some really simple things. If you can find beauty in the smallest of pleasures, life is so much more - pleasant.

1. My plain, unpainted #2 Cedar pencil. The kind you have to sharpen. The kind with a pink eraser.
    2. My flannel sheets with the little colored leaves.
    3. My fave hand-thrown blue coffee cup
    :flowerforyou:
    IMG_1143gratitudejan230.jpg
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Today I'm grateful I
    1. Found this thread which I am still trying to read. Its upbeat and I need that.
    2. My mom isn't sick from the chemo yet.
    3. I could get out of the 2 feet of snow I fell down in while
    snowshoeing, because absolutely no one was going to rescue
    my sorry butt this morning! LOL
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Today I'm grateful I
    1. Found this thread which I am still trying to read. Its upbeat and I need that.
    2. My mom isn't sick from the chemo yet.
    3. I could get out of the 2 feet of snow I fell down in while
    snowshoeing, because absolutely no one was going to rescue
    my sorry butt this morning! LOL

Yay, "Hi," my Friend Kj. I'm grateful you rescued you, too! :heart:
  • dewpearl
    Options
    I'm grateful today
    ... that God gave us all those veggies and fruit which are yummy and loaded with vitamins
    ... that He helped my cooking
    ... that there are people out there from which there's so much to be learned

I'm grateful also to those people and to our oregon Lady for having started this Topic :heart:
  • oregonlady
    Options
    good morning grateful peeps.

:heart: sleeping in this morning:glasses:
    :heart: my daughter got 100$ on her spelling test yesterday:smile:
    :heart: my son says he did good on his high school finals:smile:
    :heart: my husband does our dinner dishes most every night.:noway:
    :heart: last night, i cooked a wonderful dinner that "soupnatzi" posted in the recipe thread. ~giant stuffed shell noodles:bigsmile:
  • keiko
    Options
    I'm grateful that
    I got to sleep in too! and it felt so good!
    I don't have to go anywhere today! It is 0F and feels like -13F. Warmer than last weekend but still cold!
    I already know what I'm making for small group tomorrow, chili! so I can do that today and have it ready for tomorrow. I like when I can plan ahead.