Smoking Weed

Options

Replies

• Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    kevinf2380 wrote: »
    I've never done drugs and always tried to distance myself from people that do. I recently made a friend I like a lot who just admitted he smokes now and then. I get that marijuana is becoming more acceptable in our society. I've always felt is kind of a crutch for a lack happiness elsewhere. Would you stop being friends with someone over this?

Alcohol is a drug. Would you stop being friends with somebody because they enjoy a beer? Shouldn't people who drink get their happiness elsewhere, like from pumping iron?

I actually do stop being friends with people who think doing anything fun requires alcohol. I hate the alcohol comparison. It's not even close to the same thing. You get a surprise drug test at work after a night of drinking and you still have a job.

Many places will fail you for alcohol as well as drugs. They can't tell exactly when you were drinking.

There is a huge similarity between alcohol and weed. People use both as recreational relaxants. Alcohol used to be illegal as well. Marijuana is becoming legalized for medical reasons all over the US, and decriminalized in others.
    Some people come home from work and have a glass of wine, others may want to hit the bowl. Nobody is getting hurt in either of those scenarios.

I get migraines from alcohol. I am the designated driver always. Weed does not give me migraines and helps me with other issues. I don't drive when I smoke, and have worked for Fortune 50 companies while smoking on the reg.

Did you start thinking differently about this friend when he told you this? His inner core is the same. Smoking weed doesn't make someone bad, or lacking in some way, and if he does it once in a while he obviously doesn't NEED it for fun.

What people do at home is their own business. As long as he's not sacrificing animals or babies, he's probably a decent person. Give him the benefit of the doubt and stop worrying about his occasional toking that has nothing to do with you.
  • TestNamePleaseIgnore
    TestNamePleaseIgnore Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    rnwe9dg7b96l.png
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    rnwe9dg7b96l.png

that is the ugliest thing ive ever seen

but i like it
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Ever made a new friend............. ON WEED?
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Ever made a new friend............. ON WEED?

#retweet
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    -flick!-

-glug-glug-glug-glug-glug-glug.............

Ooooooooohhhhh -coff-coff-coff-coff-

Coff
  • suvoth
    suvoth Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Yeah..very judgy..would you not be friends with someone who only ate junk food which we know is unhealthy for us?
  • Alienique
    Alienique Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Nope. I know one of my professors smokes weed on a daily basis (he admitted so himself) and I also know two dentists who would classify themselves as smokers. Not saying smoking weed is a good or bad thing, but it's certainly not anything abnormal or self-ruining.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    If I stopped being friends with everyone that smokes weed, I wouldn't have any friends. . . And lose a lot of family.

You can smoke it around me, you can offer, but when I say "no" don't push it.
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    id be a very bad friend if i did...i smoked a lot when i was younger, i stopped because i saw no benefits and my pockets were very dry. I took it as a "waste of money" thing and moved on from it...most of my friends still do it and complain about their expenses....I dont say much i just do what i do and move on....my younger sister her boyfriend and my older brother smoke a lot, i cant really hate anyone for doing it...as long as they arent harming anyone.....i smoke a lot of Hookah (shisha) and well its probably worse.

• Alice_NotInONEderland
    Options
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Idk it depends. Like alcohol, weed can be overused. If all he does is hang around the house smoking weed I'd drop him; why would I want to hang with someone like that? Just as if all he did all day was drink. If it truly is occasional then I wouldn't drop him. The only other reason I would drop him is if he tried to pressure me into smoking weed after I told him no.
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    As long as they respect the boundaries you don't and aren't part of it I see no harm in keeping the friendship. I don't smoke but used too so I'd be a hypocrite to say I won't hang with someone because they do. I pick good stable salary over weed though and they drug test at my job so not worth it to me. I'm high on life anyhow.
  • DarlingNikki2011
    DarlingNikki2011 Posts: 287 Member
    Options

[quote="rebel_26;37422385" I'm high on life anyhow. [/quote]

Yessss to high on life. The journey is sooo worth the trip.

• robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I've never done drugs and always tried to distance myself from people that do. I recently made a friend I like a lot who just admitted he smokes now and then. I get that marijuana is becoming more acceptable in our society. I've always felt is kind of a crutch for a lack happiness elsewhere. Would you stop being friends with someone over this?

You've never done drugs? Alcohol claims more lives every year than any other drug.

Marijuana has had no recorded fatalities, you'd have to smoke your body weight in marijuana to get even close to toxic levels.

• Alice_NotInONEderland
    Alice_NotInONEderland Posts: 20 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I have stopped being friends with people because they smoked weed around their children, smoked weed while breastfeeding (literally) or sold weed by the thousands of pounds. Never, just for having a toke every once in a while.

Don't be a □, church lady.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    rebel_26 wrote: »
    I don't smoke but used too so I'd be a hypocrite to say I won't hang with someone because they do.

No you wouldn't