• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's goals:

- No unhealthy snacks outside meals :)
    - log everything I eat :)
    - run after work :)
    - stick within calories :)

So a pretty good day! I think all my thinking about motivations helped.

The challenge is now to keep reinforcing those motivations so I remember them in tempting situations (as per above post). Ideas welcomed! (Definitely going to try @Oberon21 's tip)

Today going out for dinner for boyfriend's birthday so will be a bit more challenging. Commitments are:

- Log everything I eat
    - Run after work
    - No unhealthy snacks
    - Choose a healthier dinner (look up options beforehand on website)
    - Order wine by glass (not bottle) and have one water for each glass

• cathydubepenner
    cathydubepenner Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    JFT 8/17/2016....I've been absent for a few days, busy with my daughter and in a lot of pain with my back.

*Get some stretching in for my back
    * Walk at least 3500 steps (pitiful!)
    * Drink at least 64 ounces of water
    * Don't give in to self pity, I can overcome this
    * Get a couple of chapters read in my book
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @slittlemeister I love the idea of making a list of clothing. That is a great idea! I also agree with the "energy" goal. That is one of my major dissatisfiers. I have never bounced back energy-wise from chemo and I really want to feel good again. That is one of the top reasons I am doing this, so I totally get that one! I think maybe coming up with a reward for myself for logging honestly daily for a week is something I will think about. I am going to come up with a small reward for weekly and a little bit larger one for monthly successes. Great idea! I appreciate your sharing with me.

@joan6630 I cannot afford a personal trainer either. I have a gym membership but I don't think they have coaches there. I should check. The one thing I really wanted to do when I joined was the 30-minute circuit but I don't know how to work the machines, etc. so have never tried. I have to maybe push myself to get out of my comfort zone to start getting some activity in. I really think it is awesome you did this! Good for you!

@Oberon21
    Hanging a piece of clothing you want to fit into and feel good in is a fantastic idea! I am going to use this one also. I am going on a girl's trip in October for a weekend in Florida and am already dreading putting on a swimsuit at the resort, so guess what I'm hanging up when I get home! Thank you for this great idea! Right now, that swimsuit is stuff way back in my closet where I don't even have to look at it.

@cathydubepenner
    You CAN overcome this! But it's okay to have some self pity when you are in pain too. Just don't let yourself stay there too long! :smile:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

JFT/Tuesday:
    • Stick to my planned menu for Day 2 of 17-day diet :D
    • Activity today...no excuses. Even if it is only for 15 minutes. :s
    • Look for a fitness center with a pool :/
    • Set up sewing machine in office :) Husband is helping me tonight because some of the furniture is heavy
    • Send cards to some of my friends who need a pick-me-up ;) ongoing
    • Keep a smile on my face at work today :D
    • Be present and be kind :) I like to think so...

JFT/Wednesday
    • Stick to Day 3 of 17-Day Diet menu I pre-planned
    • Activity of some sort, even if I mall walk at lunch for 20 minutes
    • Hang one item of clothing that I want to be able to wear again in plain sight as a reminder to stay the course
    • Be present at work and stay on task
    • Be kind to coworkers, especially when they want to gossip about each other
    • Be present tonight at home
    • Put together a "smile" package full of little things to send my dad who is currently going through chemo and mail it out tomorrow

Happy Hump Day everyone!
    Tracie in WI
  • capricorn2721
    capricorn2721 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will: 1. move more than I sit, 2. spend time in my garden and 3. stay within my calore goals.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    log all food :)
    walk or gym :)
    drink water :)

Wed
    go to gym :) did this already
    log all food
    drink water
  • chrissygbulldog3
    chrissygbulldog3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Use my stationary bike
    Read
    Stay off Facebook
    Pray at least 2x
  • abacus93jp
    abacus93jp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Logged food, water and exercise, stayed within goals! Did hard labor yard work for 3 1/2 hrs, cutting and moving wood around again today. Have probably 1 day left of this, will get done by next Monday.
    Tomorrow- hair and laundry
    Friday- doctors
    Saturday- fun-day go to fair and maybe stay for fireworks
    Sunday- go to Soul fest at new rest/bar opening, if I get home early enough, get some flowers and plant
    Monday- finish moving wood
    Come back each day and check my progress!
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I dont want to eat any added sugar other than fruit! A small step, but hopefully one that will get me into a better routine with food!
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    @ChaleGirl I like your commitment - so often we get obsessed with staying within calories that we under-prioritise eating healthily!
  • bookmeister86
    Options

Today going out for dinner for boyfriend's birthday so will be a bit more challenging.
    Commitments are:

- Log everything I eat :)
    - Run after work :)
    - No unhealthy snacks :)
    - Choose a healthier dinner (look up options beforehand on website) :|
    - Order wine by glass (not bottle) and have one water for each glass :)

So I pretty much managed all of these, except for the dinner..

I did pick a healthy main (five bean chilli, 500 cals - not bad for a pub!)

But then my boyfriend wanted to have dessert and I felt it was mean to stop him being his birthday (and there was no way I was going to sit and watch him eat dessert when I was still hungry!)

So I got dessert, but I deliberately got the lightest dessert on the menu - it was still 350 calories though so overall I ended up around -450 - without that it would have been only -100.

I feel pretty good about the experience though because even though I had more than I intended, I was still being rational about my choices and carefully thinking about what to eat, and decided that on balance it was worth doing. This new lifestyle doesn't mean I can never indulge - just that I can do it less, and therefore that I have to think carefully about when it's worth it, rather than just doing it frequently, at random, for no reason other than emotions / greed/ lack of willpower.

And also importantly, I'm still motivated to continue - I'm not feeling the 'oh sod it I've wrecked it now' feeling that I've often felt before!

So today's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat
    - stay within calorie limit
    - run after work
  • fireytiger
    fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT 8/18/16:
    -Get back on track and stay there, no more fried anything today
    -Drink a lot of water
    -Go to the gym after work
    -Eat dinner at home (it's a lot easier to stick to my calorie goals when I eat at home!!!)
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

JFT/Wednesday
    • Stick to Day 3 of 17-Day Diet menu I pre-planned :)
    • Activity of some sort, even if I mall walk at lunch for 20 minutes :( I really suck at this.
    • Hang one item of clothing that I want to be able to wear again in plain sight as a reminder to stay the course ;) I know which one I want to hang, so I will do this one tonight! I forgot!
    • Be present at work and stay on task :s
    • Be kind to coworkers, especially when they want to gossip about each other :)
    • Be present tonight at home :/
    • Put together a "smile" package full of little things to send my dad who is currently going through chemo and mail it out tomorrow :( Doing this one this afternoon, since I am leaving work a little early for a different appointment. Ran out of time yesterday.

JFT/Thursday
    • Stick to Day 4 of 17-Day Diet menu which I planned out for the week
    • Activity tonight while watching the Packer game
    • Hang one item of clothing I want to fit into in plain sight for inspiration
    • No Facebook tonight. Be present with my husband!
    • Shop for dad's Smile package today
    • Be grateful for another day and all the blessings in my life. Really be aware and be present.

Have a great day!
    Tracie in GB, WI
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    8/18

- Get to the gym. Still haven't made it!
    - Walk during a call
    - Get one expense report done (a cheat as I did this)
    - Get started on my presentation for Monday
    - Stay under calories
    - NO SKITTLES!
    - Ride Jaques

Have a great day, all!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Wed
    go to gym :) did this already :) And went for a 3 mile walk in the evening :)
    log all food :) Even though it meant eating a bowl of ice cream and having popcorn. WAY over on my calories, but, I logged it, and am being accountable!
    drink water :/ Really need to work on this

JFT, Thursday, 8/18
    log all food
    REMEMBER WATER
    go to the gym tonite, or for a walk
    work on clearing out a storage unit, and cleaning the garage to make room
    sew 4 chemo hats for cancer center
    work on quilt for minumun 1 hr
    think positive thoughts. I've been in a somewhat "grumpy" mood lately - work on changing that!

• cathydubepenner
    Options
    *Get some stretching in for my back....done
    * Walk at least 3500 steps (pitiful!)....did 5887
    * Drink at least 64 ounces of water....did 64
    * Don't give in to self pity, I can overcome this.....my head was in a good place
    * Get a couple of chapters read in my book....no, got involved with other things

JFT 8/18/2016

* Drink at least 64 ounces of water
    * Change the sheets on the beds
    * Walk at least 5000 steps
    * Try to teach myself how to cast on circular knitting needles
  • courtneyrm
    courtneyrm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love the topic of this discussion! This week has been super trying on my stress levels at work. So just for today I commit to getting outside and doing some cardio rather than skipping a work out for wine and pj's! I know it always makes me feel better anyways...funny how that works.
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Just for today
    1.)I will switch from Rockstars to 5 hour energy shots (dropping hundreds of daily calories)
    2.)I will walk at least 2 miles with the kid shooting for 4 miles
    3.)I will use my iron will to stick with this
    4.)I will not eat junk even if I have to decline the in-laws(which is pretty scary and means I can't stay overnight)
  • cathydubepenner
    Options
    JFT 8/18/2016 YESTERDAY

* Drink at least 64 ounces of water.....did 72 ounces
    * Change the sheets on the beds......done
    * Walk at least 5000 steps.....did 7187 steps
    * Try to teach myself how to cast on circular knitting needles.....never got to this, after I cleaned the house my back was screaming at me-there was no way I could concentrate on learning something new

JFT 8/19/2016

*Walk 6500 steps
    *Not eat any desserty type thing
    *Try again with the knitting
    *Instead of preaching to my daughter, try to encourage her to make some life changes
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    JFT: Only eat what I packed for work!!