Wasted Money

Options
Walking is free. The rest is a waste of time & money.

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    lol...I think it's a preference thing...and a goal thing....I've spent a small amount of money over the years on fitness equipment (treadmill, elliptical, kettlebells etc) as well as my Fitbit, and i have zero regrets 80 pounds later....Obviously, I could just walk all day, and hopefully meet my calorie/workout goals that way, but it would be doubtful. Walking is a great activity, but it's not the be-all or end-all of fitness.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    walking did not allow me to eat enough and feel good(using it to creating a greater calorie deficit)
    running does. power yoga does.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options

What exactly is "the rest"?

And is walking really free? I mean, where I live at least, I have to pay taxes, which pay for the sidewalks, trails, park upkeep, etc where I would walk...it's definitely not free. If I'd like to protect my feet, it's not easy to find free shoes.

Do pushups cost money?
  • ConcordDiet
    ConcordDiet Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love to stir up people's passions. Speak up folks!
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I love walking and hiking and walk a lot.

But ... I also love lifting. And I've recently signed up for a martial arts gym which I truly believe has been one of the most beneficial things I've done for myself (mentally, emotionally and socially) in a long time.

It's cool if you only want to walk but I don't think the money I'm spending on gym memberships is a waste at all. I consider it an investment in myself.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Push-ups, sit-ups, jumping jacks are also free and are part of "the rest"?
  • ConcordDiet
    Options
    The whole point is that a great percentage of the population spend more money maintaining their car than their body.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

I suggest you take a course in economics and learn what the term "opportunity cost" means.

Hint: not a waste of time or money.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    The whole point is that a great percentage of the population spend more money maintaining their car than their body.

So maintaining your body is a waste of money, but maintaining your car isn't?
  • CindyFooWho
    CindyFooWho Posts: 179 Member
    Options

Ok, now you've started a whole other topic. How is this related to your first post? At all?
  • ConcordDiet
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

I suggest you take a course in economics and learn what the term "opportunity cost" means.

Hint: not a waste of time or money.

Well, it's obvious that your purpose in life is to argue and disagree with most everything. So much for starting a spirited conversation. I'll leave you alone.
  • pdm3547
    pdm3547 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options

I can buy another car if it fails, but this is the only body I have. Worth every penny!

Holy *kitten*.....