I went from morbidly obese to 6 pack abs! Ask me Anything

Options

Replies

• Lillyloooo
    Lillyloooo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi it's me again , just recently ive found that I stick to my calories but then within 4 days im binge eating and gaining . Im now doing the 5:2 fast to help cancel out my binges . I was doing slimming world for a bit and loosing but only a pound at a time . I really don't know what to do anymore ? No matter what diet wether it be sw calorie counting or fast I always end up having a binge . Im not upset or unhappy . It's just a bad habit ! How can I resolve this
  • AlisaPrince86
    AlisaPrince86 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Lillyloooo wrote: »
    Hi it's me again , just recently ive found that I stick to my calories but then within 4 days im binge eating and gaining . Im now doing the 5:2 fast to help cancel out my binges . I was doing slimming world for a bit and loosing but only a pound at a time . I really don't know what to do anymore ? No matter what diet wether it be sw calorie counting or fast I always end up having a binge . Im not upset or unhappy . It's just a bad habit ! How can I resolve this

You have to make a lifestyle change. This is a permanent choice to stop doing things that sabatoge your weight loss/maintenance. People can encourage you and give you tips but ultimately it is YOU that has to say no to binge eating. Will power, and lasting will power can only come from inside yourself.

P.s. I know the question wasn't for me but that's as honest an answer as I think you'll get. Good luck
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on your transformation! You look awesome!

I don't know if anyone else asked you this already but were the people close to you supportive? I have to deal with a pretty unsupportive husband and I don't know how to handle it!
    At first everyone is very supportive. I was single when I began losing weight so I didn't have a significant other at the time. My wife is wonderful in supporting my eating habits (weighing, tracking, etc). There were times when people would say "You're too skinny" "you've lost enough" and things of that nature. For the most part I just ignore them. As far as how I would deal with a wife that didn't support my weight loss, I'd simply not them interfere. People can be unsupportive but ultimately no one can force you to eat anything you don't want. If it comes down to preparing your own food and having your husband prepare what he wants then so be it. I would not feel obligated to make two separate meals or anything like that. There's nothing wrong with two people cooking their own food. You can do your best to try and suggest things he'll eat that you can make fit your calories but if he refuses then he'll have to make his own meals. Fortunately my wife and I eat fairly similarly but that is how I imagine I would handle it.
    Lillyloooo wrote: »
    I personally think 5:2 fasting plays into binge eating. It might work for some but for others I think the restriction in order to eat more on the feeding days plays into binge eating. I credit 16/8 fasting for dealing with my binge eating but again, that can play into binges as well. Sometimes when we use fasting to have larger meals, we can be more inclined to eat less nutritious foods because we have so many calories to work with. I personally suggest all binge eaters get used to consuming lots of minimally processed who foods in order to stay full but again this stuff all varies quite a bit from person to person. You just need to find the right balance of when and what to eat that allows you to not binge. And in the end, no matter how you organize your meals or what foods you eat, you decide to binge or not. Willpower cannot really be taught, you must simply make the choice not to binge. When you do binge do not dwell on it. Try and analyze what caused the binge, adjust your diet to attempt to fix that cause, and move on.

• ahmshaki
    ahmshaki Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Vismal, I'm following your youtube chaneel, but you haven't posted any videos for the past two months.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    ahmshaki wrote: »
    Hi Vismal, I'm following your youtube chaneel, but you haven't posted any videos for the past two months.

@ahmshaki Not Vismal/Nick but this was already mentioned and addressed recently so I just figured I'd quote it and save him some time.
    vismal wrote: »
    alex111444 wrote: »
    is there a reason you are not doing anymore videos on youtube? i was really enjoying your vlogs and recipe!

I'm extremely busy at the moment. Working full time, grad school full time, 5 month old daughter. YouTube is going to be on hold for a bit though I am going to try and put out a few videos during my 2 week break from school coming up.

• creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I love reading this thread. Thanks for being so thorough with everyone. It helps us all.
  • jhnbwh
    jhnbwh Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS.......HARD WORK.....DETERMINATION AND DRIVE..... INSPIRING
  • ahmshaki
    ahmshaki Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ahmshaki wrote: »

@ahmshaki Not Vismal/Nick but this was already mentioned and addressed recently so I just figured I'd quote it and save him some time.
    vismal wrote: »
    is there a reason you are not doing anymore videos on youtube? i was really enjoying your vlogs and recipe!

I'm extremely busy at the moment. Working full time, grad school full time, 5 month old daughter. YouTube is going to be on hold for a bit though I am going to try and put out a few videos during my 2 week break from school coming up.

thanks!
  • Jezreel12
    Jezreel12 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Great pic my friend !
  • notquittingthistime1984
    Options
    Holy Smokes!
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's an amazing transformation!!! Congrats! :smiley:

I wanted to ask how much of a calorie deficit did you feel more comfortable with for the most part of your weight loss journey? You probably have already answered this and I'm sorry for asking again but I went through many pages of the thread and could not locate it. :neutral:
  • vismal
    Options
    olymp1a wrote: »
    Wow, that's an amazing transformation!!! Congrats! :smiley:

I wanted to ask how much of a calorie deficit did you feel more comfortable with for the most part of your weight loss journey? You probably have already answered this and I'm sorry for asking again but I went through many pages of the thread and could not locate it. :neutral:
    For the majority of the loss, around 500 calories a day deficit was used. 1 lb a week is a pretty good target for most people. I lost faster at the very beginning and a little slower at the very end. Obviously the bigger you are and the more you have to lose plays a huge impact on setting the deficit.

• graciesmommy18
    graciesmommy18 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Everyone on here is losing 100+ pounds. I just want to lose 12 lbs and seriously can not do it. I've been on and off diets for the last two years. I'm giving up so easily. I know I have will power but can't seem to find it anymore! Any tips on staying on track?!
  • 161GOAL
    161GOAL Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Did you lose 120 lbs in 5 months? How? Running, diet ?
  • snehad123
    snehad123 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    what are your thoughts on protein bars?
  • alex111444
    alex111444 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    161GOAL wrote: »

he did not mention that he lost that much in 5 months lol
  • alex111444
    alex111444 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hey vismal i have a question concerning protein powders, first of , do you think trutein is a good brand? taste and composition wise, and also, which one is a very good tasting one? Appart from the tasty wheys
  • vismal
    Options
    Everyone on here is losing 100+ pounds. I just want to lose 12 lbs and seriously can not do it. I've been on and off diets for the last two years. I'm giving up so easily. I know I have will power but can't seem to find it anymore! Any tips on staying on track?!
    The easiest way for me to stay on track was to pick a plan that I could live with long term. Temporary alterations to eating patterns aka diets do not usually work. Permanent changes to eating patterns do. I order to make a permanent change the change itself must be sustainable. Ask yourself at the onset of a "diet" if you can reasonably see yourself eating this way for many years to come. If the answer is no, your diet will fail and you need to reconsider your approach.
    161GOAL wrote: »
    I think your math is off. The original pictures are 1 year and five months apart, not five month. Losing 100 lbs in 5 months is only acceptable to someone who is super-morbidly obese and under the direct care of a physician. As to how I lost the weight, this entire AMA sums all of it up, the first several pages give a basic blueprint to my methods.
    snehad123 wrote: »
    what are your thoughts on protein bars?

They are a fine way to get extra protein in your diet if you find yourself lacking and they are also a convenient way to get protein in on the go. Check the ingredients though and make sure the protein source is a quality one.
  • vismal
    Options
    hey vismal i have a question concerning protein powders, first of , do you think trutein is a good brand? taste and composition wise, and also, which one is a very good tasting one? Appart from the tasty wheys
    Trutein is good. I like the cinnamon bun the best. Strawberry banana is good but birthday cake was not as good. My favorite protein is MTS. Their new apple pie flavor is really good.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!