Exercise at home

Options
Hi all. Who else mainly exercises at home.
And what equipment do you use?
I use a stepper, steps, stretch bands, weights,Swiss ball, abs exerciser machine, and DVDs for Zumba, floor workout and dance.

Replies

• derek9964
    derek9964 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz I exercise at home, I have a bench press, dumb bells stationary cycle and I use the EA sports personal trainer for my cardio
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I do now! I was going to the gym but used to find it a chore to go, so I started doing bits at home and now I love it. I have a step aerobic box which I use for some cardio and to get the heart pumping. I have kettlebells at 3 different weights, dumbbells and barbell with weights, skipping rope and hula hoop (for when it's sunny and I want to head in to the garden) and I have just discovered fitness blender on youtube.

I really like doing my exercise at home, my hubby sometimes joins in and it's easier to fit around the kids too :)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I do, when I do. I have a treadmill and that's mostly what I do. I used my bicycle yesterday and that was a pretty good burn. Sometimes I do squats and pushups at home and sometimes I swing a kettlebell at home.
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I just do body weight exercises at the moment. I have suspension straps and a swiss ball.
  • Mari0810
    Mari0810 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I exercise at home, love it. my kids watch me and end up joining lol. Got to lead by example.
  • Luvlybubly
    Luvlybubly Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz I exercise at home, I have a bench press, dumb bells stationary cycle and I use the EA sports personal trainer for my cardio
    Hi Derek.
    Nice. Where do I get the personal trainer from?
  • Luvlybubly
    Options
    I do now! I was going to the gym but used to find it a chore to go, so I started doing bits at home and now I love it. I have a step aerobic box which I use for some cardio and to get the heart pumping. I have kettlebells at 3 different weights, dumbbells and barbell with weights, skipping rope and hula hoop (for when it's sunny and I want to head in to the garden) and I have just discovered fitness blender on youtube.

I really like doing my exercise at home, my hubby sometimes joins in and it's easier to fit around the kids too :)
    Hi Witchy, It good when your other half joins in

• Luvlybubly
    Options
    I do, when I do. I have a treadmill and that's mostly what I do. I used my bicycle yesterday and that was a pretty good burn. Sometimes I do squats and pushups at home and sometimes I swing a kettlebell at home.

Hi Jerome,
    I almost bought a kettlebell yesterday. I might get it later today.
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I love exercising at home and I love using Fitness Blender's YouTube channel...I have an adjustable kettle-bell, Sportblock adjustable dumbbells and I have a treadmill I use as well. So much easier to fit in with the kids schedules!
  • Luvlybubly
    Options
    I just do body weight exercises at the moment. I have suspension straps and a swiss ball.

Cool. No weather can spoil home exercise
  • Luvlybubly
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hi all. Who else mainly exercises at home.
    And what equipment do you use?
    I use a stepper, steps, stretch bands, weights,Swiss ball, abs exerciser machine, and DVDs for Zumba, floor workout and dance.

Quoting my own post here as I forgot to mention that I only started weight loss and exercise 4 days ago. And bought all my equipment a couple of days ago. My boyfriends thinks I've gone over the top.
    And I want to loose 7 and a half stone
  • your_pal_crusher
    your_pal_crusher Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    ^ this!

Fight the good fight!
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    Hi. Push ups every day. I do them all the time. When I'm at work I do 30 reps on a 10 minute break and 50 on a 30 minute break. Plus biking, I get out and do several miles of biking, I have free weights at the house and a weight bench but push ups and biking make up most of my exercise besides sex. lol
  • jayv85
    jayv85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I mainly workout at home. Although I need to get more into it. I wake up for work at 4am and don't get home till 6:30pm so I needed a gym at home. It's in our shop currently, but I plan on cleaning out the garage Friday and moving it to there because the shop is detached from our home and when I workout it's either while the kids are awake so they're digging around tools in the shop, or it's when they're in bed so I'm worried if they're getting out of bed. So, needless to say, I haven't worked out as much as I should recently. But I have a treadmill, curl bench, bench press, pullup bar, suspension straps, dumbbells, stationary bike, and an incline bench.
  • sstrack123
    sstrack123 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I workout from home and love it. I use Dumbbells, weight plates, bench and variety of DVDs . I usually walk/run on neighborhood track but in case of rain I use my treadmill. Always looking for motivating & supportive friends if interested.
  • chapiano
    chapiano Posts: 331 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I have a bike, bench , weights, heavy bag and a few other bit's. Use youtube workout vids a lot
  • Mari0810
    Mari0810 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I do workout DVDs, 21DFX. Worked great for me!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Mari0810 wrote: »
    I exercise at home, love it. my kids watch me and end up joining lol. Got to lead by example.

Love this. Very good influence on the young ones.