Stone????WHAT!?

Options

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Cheetos Puffs are a poor imitation of Wotsits. Bought a huge bag for hotel room snacking on Holiday and didn't eat them all. Much disappoint.

I'm off out of the big smoke (London) this weekend visiting a friend in Portsmouth. There will be fish 'n chips. And her 2 year old daughter will devour a pickled egg (no really, she loves them).

Soda farls and potato scones though (must be fried in butter), mmmmmmmm.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    pinkperil wrote: »
    Hilarious!! You've all got me giggling as I sip my afternoon cuppa and check out the long list of no-no foods you're posting on an MFP discussion LOL! To quote QUEEN..... Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? I could certainly make a sticky toffee sponge pud real right now!!

What? What's a no-no food? Are we toddlers?

I'm not sure about Spotted Dick and WhatNots but I assure you I eat Cheetos, Shepherd's Pie, Tacos, Fish n Chips and assorted other things mentioned in this thread on a regular basis and it didn't prevent me from reaching my weight loss goals...

It's called irony. Enjoy your fish and chips!!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    And this is how those foods are advertised
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqjVGEGalmA

What the hell did I just watch?
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

I have never seen this advert, maybe it was a time I was overseas but it's pretty representative of our advertising, ha! See also Dime bars and armadillos, Yeo Valley rappers..........
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I love out adverts. That's one of the better ones!
  • Sapphire_Elf
    Sapphire_Elf Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Best. Thread. Ever!!!!! :D<3

I'm supposed to have started making my tea half an hour ago and instead have been giggling on the sofa. That's dinner btw rather than hot drink! ;)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    selina884 wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    After reading through all this, I'm now thoroughly convinced that living in America has me seriously missing out on some really good food. :'(

But we have tacos.

So do we.
    Thanks to you.

Has @Carlos_421 been importing tacos to you?
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    After reading through all this, I'm now thoroughly convinced that living in America has me seriously missing out on some really good food. :'(

But we have tacos.

So do we.
    Thanks to you.

Shhh!!!! You want the IRS to read this and start taxing me???
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Question for Carlos re the pasty -> haven't you had empenadas? It's basically the same concept (at least the way my wife makes them) - a pastry shell stuffed with savory ingredients, the big difference is that we fry them instead of baking them...
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

I don't know, but I'm actually wanting to make some rice pudding with raisins right now.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

But we have tacos.

So do we.
    Thanks to you.

Sorry! IRS dudes reading this, Carlos is a fine upstanding citizen and pays his taxes, and it unlikely to be exporting tacos to the UK. In no way did he coerce me into writing this.

( @Carlos_421, is that better?)
  • Carlos_421
    Options

But we have tacos.

So do we.
    Thanks to you.

Sorry! IRS dudes reading this, Carlos is a fine upstanding citizen and pays his taxes, and it unlikely to be exporting tacos to the UK. In no way did he coerce me into writing this.

Much better.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    Question for Carlos re the pasty -> haven't you had empenadas? It's basically the same concept (at least the way my wife makes them) - a pastry shell stuffed with savory ingredients, the big difference is that we fry them instead of baking them...

I've ever had empanadas.
    Everything you're describing sounds delicious, though.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

But we have tacos.

So do we.
    Thanks to you.

Much better.

Cool. I wouldn't want to *babysloth* off my taco supplier.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

But we have tacos.

So do we.
    Thanks to you.

Much better.

I had to quote that to see if it was you or the filter. I'm sad it's not the new filter.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

But we have tacos.

So do we.
    Thanks to you.

Much better.

I had to quote that to see if it was you or the filter. I'm sad it's not the new filter.

Sorry. I like kittens, but not when they are running rampant.

I don't know, but I'm actually wanting to make some rice pudding with raisins right now.

Eating my rice pudding now. I haven't tasted this bit of heaven in a long time. So good!
  • VintageFeline
    Options

But we have tacos.

So do we.
    Thanks to you.

Much better.

Eating my rice pudding now. I haven't tasted this bit of heaven in a long time. So good!

My mental health has been awful recently. I turn to childhood comfort foods often during these times. Couple of weeks ago I got several tins of Ambrosia creamed rice and ate straight from the tin. Heaven! Not as good as my own proper homemade stuff but a little taste of childhood nostalgia that can't be beat.
  • nutmegoreo
    edited August 2016
    Options

But we have tacos.

So do we.
    Thanks to you.

Much better.

My mental health has been awful recently. I turn to childhood comfort foods often during these times. Couple of weeks ago I got several tins of Ambrosia creamed rice and ate straight from the tin. Heaven! Not as good as my own proper homemade stuff but a little taste of childhood nostalgia that can't be beat.

I was actually surprised at some of the memories that were coming back as I made it. It's so easy to remember the bad things. Cooking it reminded me of my mom making it when we were kids, and her explaining that the cap on the vanilla extract was a teaspoon. I have never actually measured it, I have just always used it as a teaspoon measure. Logically I know it's not, considering how many different sizes of containers (and therefore lids) are manufactured. We used to do a lot of baking together, mostly cookies.

ETA: I hope you manage to turn the corner soon.
  • VeganGirl108
    VeganGirl108 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm from south africa. I regularly enjoy homemade scones. Reading this and feeling for some scones now :'(
  • BeaUtiful_1413
    BeaUtiful_1413 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Lmao my thread went from asking what stone was and people are just carrying away great conversations lol have a good Tuesday everyone