Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »
    SonyaCele wrote: »
    lazsommer, just keep leg pressing you'll get stronger than everyone in the world, good luck to you.

I already am stronger than most people because I do crossfit. They don't have a leg press at my box (a special crossfit gym if you didn't know that), so I have a dual membership at Planet Fitness to use their leg press machine.

Have you considered veganism to get that next level nutrition based advantage?

Actually I'm paleo-IS (intermittent starving). See, our ancestors didn't eat all this processed food and agricultural crap, but they also didn't have their food readily available. People are denying their genetic needs by eating regularly - hunter gatherers made gains while starving between meals. It's how the body was designed to live.

I find that it's best to wait at least 4 days between meals, and then rush into my local grocery store and rip open a pack of steaks right at the butcher. Our ancestors had to hunt and eat with adrenaline rushing, and I find this gives a boost to my metabolism.

@BreezeDoveal and @LazSommer should be banned from communicating with each other... :D
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    a remote start on your car is essential when it's been sitting outside in sub zero weather for a few hours... ALSO... seconds count when a herd of zombies are on you like stink on poop
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Self starting cars and heated seats are life changing.

Finding the space to love yourself is life changing.

Squats are a religion. But they aren't life changing.

Why would I want a car that starts by itself ?

That sounds wrong

• alexpn
    alexpn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I personally don't do them, but I understand they form a pretty decent base for anyone who is considering embarking on a novice/beginner routine such as Stronglifts 5x5 - however, I would imagine if you're not overly bothered about muscle isolations - you could use a good leg press machine to get some similar lower body gains. (no expert though)
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I believe in squats... does it matter if no one else does?
  • hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    I believe in squats... does it matter if no one else does?

You could say that about anything though
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    SonyaCele wrote: »
    lazsommer, just keep leg pressing you'll get stronger than everyone in the world, good luck to you.

I already am stronger than most people because I do crossfit. They don't have a leg press at my box (a special crossfit gym if you didn't know that), so I have a dual membership at Planet Fitness to use their leg press machine.

Have you considered veganism to get that next level nutrition based advantage?

Actually I'm paleo-IS (intermittent starving). See, our ancestors didn't eat all this processed food and agricultural crap, but they also didn't have their food readily available. People are denying their genetic needs by eating regularly - hunter gatherers made gains while starving between meals. It's how the body was designed to live.

I find that it's best to wait at least 4 days between meals, and then rush into my local grocery store and rip open a pack of steaks right at the butcher. Our ancestors had to hunt and eat with adrenaline rushing, and I find this gives a boost to my metabolism.

actually, the IS commission recommends one week of starving, followed by a Dr Oz raspberry ketone cleanse for one week.