You need to log off

You need to get serious therapy and not talk to a counsellor occasionally
  • callumwalker1995
    callumwalker1995 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Yea, they probably do...

Did you lose a lot of weight? Do you have loose skin? I have that issue.

nope in fact quite the opposite, I've always been really skinny so dirty bulked and got a bit fat but nothing extreme

It's honestly all in your head. There isn't much we can do to help you other than tell you that you look fine/awesome/lean. All that good stuff. You do realize that even ab muscles stick out so once you are lean and losing fat around them they aren't going to be flat? If you want a "flat" stomach, you need to add fat there really.

I need to add fat to make me look better? :S

How on earth have you got that from what was written?! :huh:

You said if you want a flat stomach you need to add fat there???!!
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Too much to read....but based on the original post I would say it definitely sounds like a case of Over Training Syndrome. Research it. It is real and it is serious. You might not be at the advanced stages, but you are definitely showing signs of it. Forget whatever your goals are - if you don't start resting your body and get out of OTS, then you are going to end up in really bad shape. Sounds like seeing a good therapist or sports psychologist may be a good idea too. Good luck!
  • callumwalker1995
    Options
    I wore a fitbit and my polar hr sensor with chest strap for my workout this morning. The ftbit said I burned 726 calories, the hr monitor said 1590, so which do I trust? If the hr monitor is true with the polar watch then I have been expending double the calories I thought I was in the gym
  • itsthehumidity
    itsthehumidity Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    You're not listening to the best possible advice. You need to seek professional help to address your disordered thinking, because that's the core issue and it's the reason you're in this position of unhealthy behavior and uncertainty.

The specifics of your training, nutrition, and fitness devices comes after you have a healthy and balanced mental and emotional relationship with yourself.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Since you've already said you're not going to believe anything anybody says, why even bother posting anymore? You need to get your mental issues sorted out, nothing else is going to do any good. Yes, you're working out too much. FAR too much. Yes, you're obsessive about it and need help for it. No, you're not fat. No, your stomach doesn't stick out. No, most people don't work out that much and don't feel "guilty" about only lifting 3 or 4 days a week, an hour or so per session (which is plenty enough to build a great physique). No, there's absolutely no need to spend 2.5 hours 6 times per week in the gym. None.

In addition to your OCD, it looks like you've got a pretty strong bit of body dysmorphia going on. And until you get those fixed, you'll never be satisfied with your physique or your workouts or your bodyfat or your diet or your training routine.

This is not being "mean" or hateful or anything else. It's honest talk and it's things you need to hear and realize.

my sister says I have body dysmorphia but she works out the same length of time as me yet doesn't feel like this??

Body dysmorphia has nothing to do with how much you work out and everything to do with how you perceive your body. You're obsessing over flaws that aren't really there. Body dysmorphia is commonly linked with anxiety, OCD, and depression, so hopefully it's something you can work through with your therapist. Don't compare yourself to your sister, she doesn't share your issues.

You've gotten good advice here, and I hope you read through this thread and soak more of it in. Don't overtrain. Give your body a break. Find something else to fill your time with that gives you a sense of self-worth and purpose - you are so much more than your body.
  • jasonsunlee
    jasonsunlee Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    i train hard 5-6 days a week and hit the gym for at least 2 hours a work out. I can understand how you can relate at times. But I'm super happy with the results I have. Could I have bigger arms or better defined abs? Yes. Do i obsess over it, hell no.

What I obsess over is my health and well being. What really helped me be satisfied with my results were progress pics I took over the year. When you feel down and out, take a look at how far you've come. You'd be amazed at your gains over the year if you're eating well and hitting the gym that hard.
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    First world problems
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    selina884 wrote: »
    First world problems

Useful reply for the context of the OP.

Fairly certain disordered thought processes aren't limited to the first world.
  • JayWalk39
    JayWalk39 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Last I saw you were going to log off and work on your mental issues

Overtraining is part of your ocd, like the over analysis and concentration on minutiae

Go compound 3 x a week and get your mental health sorted

how can you maintain muscle on going to the gym 3x a week?
    Answer: Easily!
    Full Body 3x a week is more than enough for most. You are most likely not making the gains you could be because of your over training. If you were to cut that back you would probably see better results. Direct a little of that OCD to some research online and you could find all the answers that you need.

• callumwalker1995
    Options
    I've recently been prescribed antidepressants (citalopram) which I have started taking which hopefully will make me feel better as well as the counselling. I cut back on my training today by 35 minutes so little steps and hopefully ill make it. I do appreciate all your advice and I am currently getting help and will try to not let the gym run my life as it has been doing.
  • jessicarehll
    jessicarehll Posts: 37 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Are you on an anti depressant? Bcaa's in high doses diminish your dopamine and serotonin. So will overtraining. L tyrosine in the am and L tryptophan before bed is a natural antidepressant that works on both dopamine and serotonin. I don't suggest taking if you're already on an antidepressant, but I do know most antidepressants work on serotonin only, which can deplete your dopamine. I don't know your situation enough. However, I can suggest L theanine for the stress and anxiety.
  • jessicarehll
    jessicarehll Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Also, I encourage research on everything I suggested.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Are you on an anti depressant? Bcaa's in high doses diminish your dopamine and serotonin. So will overtraining. L tyrosine in the am and L tryptophan before bed is a natural antidepressant that works on both dopamine and serotonin. I don't suggest taking if you're already on am antidepressant, but I do know most antidepressants work on seratonin only, which can deplete your dopamine. I don't know your situation enough. However, I can suggest L theanine for the stress and anxiety.

Please stop!! OMG He doesn't any advice on taking meds.
  • callumwalker1995
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Are you on an anti depressant? Bcaa's in high doses diminish your dopamine and serotonin. So will overtraining. L tyrosine in the am and L tryptophan before bed is a natural antidepressant that works on both dopamine and serotonin. I don't suggest taking if you're already on am antidepressant, but I do know most antidepressants work on seratonin only, which can deplete your dopamine. I don't know your situation enough. However, I can suggest L theanine for the stress and anxiety.

what's wrong with her offering advice?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

You're under a doctor for your anti depressants, you should speak to them about any medication, not take advice off randoms.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

Because you don't need anyone helping you with medications but your doctor. Stay the course, you are doing great.
  • callumwalker1995
    Options
    Are you on an anti depressant? Bcaa's in high doses diminish your dopamine and serotonin. So will overtraining. L tyrosine in the am and L tryptophan before bed is a natural antidepressant that works on both dopamine and serotonin. I don't suggest taking if you're already on an antidepressant, but I do know most antidepressants work on serotonin only, which can deplete your dopamine. I don't know your situation enough. However, I can suggest L theanine for the stress and anxiety.

Yeah, if he's taking 60grams at a time of BCAA without uptaking other whole protein sources regularly, he's blocking dopmaine production.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3725721/
    60 grams is like one scoop of that stuff, right?

I think one scoop is about 5g. I don't take bcaas anymore because of the fact they were linked to depression