married chit-chatters?

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    My kids go back the day after labor day. The first day is just an hour. They go to their previous class and at the end of the week they are placed in their new class. Lots of family involved events during the month of September (same with the last month of school).
  • fitflashy
    fitflashy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    KinkJarfld wrote: »
    I was newly married (married for 35 years now) when Wifey asked why I didn't eat breakfast and only drank coffee. Like what, I asked? Oh, she said, like Cream of Wheat. Yuck, says I, it looks like albino diarrhea. That's when I found out Wifey had a very, very low gag reflex threshold.

Rimshot!

Awww....cream of wheat is not that bad. I can only eat it with honey and some butter. But since I am doing low carb can't eat it at all. ...lol at albino diarreah. >:D
  • TechAaronLoyd
    TechAaronLoyd Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Well, my kids were locked inside almost all summer. I had a back injury that kept me from doing much then surgery so I was getting over that. But of course the heat did not help. Now they go to school and get to ply outside. And it's really nice out now a days...
    I get to be the stay at home parent now that I am out of work because of the injury and y wife gets to go play the bread winner. So it's a win win sort of.
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Married stay-at-home dad of 4 boys.
    I had back surgery going on 2 months ago. I am still getting over that. Yesterday I went and worked out for the first time since the surgery. I am sad to find out that I had so much atrophie in my right quad that I can only leg extend 10 pounds on that leg. My left leg can left 100 pounds ez.
    My wife started working when I first had to leave work after the injury 6 mon the ago. She loves working now. I can't go back to work due to the weakness in my leg. So I am glad she enjoys work again.
    Any other stay at home parents happy that somers over? I live in Texas so summer is brutal so I am so happy it's almost over.

I'm loving the cool weather but miss my kids. I wish I had more time with them now that its cool enough to get out and adventure. We spent most of the summer in the basement playing Lego because of the heat. Guess we'll have to make the most of the weekends now.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I missed the camping thread... :'( We live close to the mountains WAAAYup here in Canadaland... Eastern slopes of the rockies... SO... packing up the gear and heading into "the bush" (what Canadians call "Forest" ) is a regular thing... because of some of the terrain, and roads we don't trailer... we just tent it... although I have been scoping out trailers designed for 4x4-ing... basically the 4x4 trailer contains a kitchen unit, potable water, and more elaborate (Australian) versions have a pop-up tent platform that puts your sleeping quarters about 6-7 feet above the ground. Also good IF a family needs to bug out in a big hurry (ala the Fort mac fires or other such natural disaster). it can remain packed and ready to roll in minutes.. with enough food, water and other supplies to meet your needs for a couple weeks if necessary. who else is into the TEOTWAWKI? I read an interesting article about preppers today...
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    db2ondmv1eqv.jpg like this thing here

• SheilaB368
    SheilaB368 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi from Kentucky. :)
  • Vjesticica
    Vjesticica Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well, my kids were locked inside almost all summer. I had a back injury that kept me from doing much then surgery so I was getting over that. But of course the heat did not help. Now they go to school and get to ply outside. And it's really nice out now a days...
    I get to be the stay at home parent now that I am out of work because of the injury and y wife gets to go play the bread winner. So it's a win win sort of.

Ha, my husband is considering the same for a while.
    We have an 8 mo girl, he's on parental right now and thinking about staying at home with her for a while.
    Since he'd be working practically just to pay the childcare bill, it seems more logical to have him stay home than work all day so his entire salary could be used to pay someone else to stay with her.
  • Chilli7777
    Chilli7777 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi, all I am a married stay at home mother with three kids from Southern Indiana. I guess you could say we live the 1950's style life. I cook, clean , take care of the kids and he works takes care of the yard. That may make us sound old but we are not we are both in are early 30's and love life we just like to keep things simple. But, for me as a stay at home mother things get boring at times I get tired of the same old rinse and repeat of life. It seem's like I am always doing the same things. Are there any other stay at home mom's or dad's that deal with this what do you do, how do you change things up, and still stay on budget?
    In the summer we get pool passes so it changes a little we go daily unless it rains and we also visit different parks in the area, as well as any free things that may be going on we do them as well because hey it's free and free is good. LOL. What do you do with your kids that is cheap an easy to do crafts such as that? My kiddos also go to church camp so that is a plus....

Hey there I am also a stay at home mum. I studied nursing for 18 months and am currently applying for uni to study midwifery. That made life a bit less mundane but its about to get hectic. 2 kids, 1 is 13 and the other is 7.
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    @SheilaB368 and @Chilli7777 welcome to the thread and please feel free to contribute :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Chilli7777 wrote: »
    Hi, all I am a married stay at home mother with three kids from Southern Indiana. I guess you could say we live the 1950's style life. I cook, clean , take care of the kids and he works takes care of the yard. That may make us sound old but we are not we are both in are early 30's and love life we just like to keep things simple. But, for me as a stay at home mother things get boring at times I get tired of the same old rinse and repeat of life. It seem's like I am always doing the same things. Are there any other stay at home mom's or dad's that deal with this what do you do, how do you change things up, and still stay on budget?
    In the summer we get pool passes so it changes a little we go daily unless it rains and we also visit different parks in the area, as well as any free things that may be going on we do them as well because hey it's free and free is good. LOL. What do you do with your kids that is cheap an easy to do crafts such as that? My kiddos also go to church camp so that is a plus....

Hey there I am also a stay at home mum. I studied nursing for 18 months and am currently applying for uni to study midwifery. That made life a bit less mundane but its about to get hectic. 2 kids, 1 is 13 and the other is 7.

That's great!
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    @Jimb376mfp congratulations and I'm glad you decided to comment!
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    db2ondmv1eqv.jpg like this thing here

There's some local shops that design/manufacture those here; I think they're highly overpriced. You might as well get a trailer and build one yourself.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    1st day of school for my kids today (7th and 5th grade).
    I'm SO excited!
    What am I going to do with all this free time?
    Get a ton of work done? Or do nothing and just veg on a couch uninterrupted?
    Gasp: what about a NAP???

So excited!
  • kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Hey, playing catch up and just dropping in.
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    RavenLibra wrote: »
    I missed the camping thread... :'( We live close to the mountains WAAAYup here in Canadaland... Eastern slopes of the rockies... SO... packing up the gear and heading into "the bush" (what Canadians call "Forest" ) is a regular thing... because of some of the terrain, and roads we don't trailer... we just tent it... although I have been scoping out trailers designed for 4x4-ing... basically the 4x4 trailer contains a kitchen unit, potable water, and more elaborate (Australian) versions have a pop-up tent platform that puts your sleeping quarters about 6-7 feet above the ground. Also good IF a family needs to bug out in a big hurry (ala the Fort mac fires or other such natural disaster). it can remain packed and ready to roll in minutes.. with enough food, water and other supplies to meet your needs for a couple weeks if necessary. who else is into the TEOTWAWKI? I read an interesting article about preppers today...

We are. Actually saving up to purchase land and make a hidden bunker (by which I mean a dome house we could also camp in :tongue: ). We used to stockpile but watched enough Walking Dead that we're now focusing more on bugging out efficiently (surviving with a backpack and skills). We've got a lot to learn but its been a fun journey.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    kota4bye wrote: »
    Hey, playing catch up and just dropping in.

Welcome back!