married chit-chatters?

Replies

• kevinf2380
    kevinf2380 Posts: 256 Member
    @BinaryPulsar Can you elaborate on what a fetish dance party is? Do you mean themed or they actually revolve around a fetish?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    edited August 2016
    kevinf2380 wrote: »
    @BinaryPulsar Can you elaborate on what a fetish dance party is? Do you mean themed or they actually revolve around a fetish?

Sure. Each party usually has a different theme. You can dress according to the theme. But, you don't have to. There is always a "fetish dress code" though, that you do have to meet with your clothing or you won't get in (even if you bought tickets). You have to dress sexy, fetishy in some way. Some examples: Lingerie, latex, straps, topless, pasties, stockings, net or mesh clothing, sexy shoes, body paint, corset, red or bright colors, electrical tape, sexy costume, cat ears. You can't just show up in plain underwear. Mainly it's just a dance party. There is also rope suspension for people that want to. No full nudity allowed (you have to at least be wearing a thong) and no sex allowed at these parties that I attend (there are other sex parties, but I don't go). Some amount of light bdsm play is allowed (like spanking). It's a nightclub/bar setting. Themes are: sometimes color based like red, black and white. Dress like animals (cat ears or bunny ears for example) or in animal prints, circus, medical (dress like a nurse for example), uniform, fire and ice, fantasy, corsets, gay pride, latex (you have to wear rubber of some kind to go to this). And there are two performers at each event that will put on a short show (dancing usually) twice during the night. Sometimes latex fashion shows also. They happen once a month.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member

Sure. Each party usually has a different theme. You can dress according to the theme. But, you don't have to. There is always a "fetish dress code" though, that you do have to meet with your clothing or you won't get in (even if you bought tickets). You have to dress sexy, fetishy in some way. Some examples: Lingerie, latex, straps, topless, pasties, stockings, net or mesh clothing, sexy shoes, body paint, corset, red or bright colors, electrical tape, sexy costume, cat ears. You can't just show up in plain underwear. Mainly it's just a dance party. There is also rope suspension for people that want to. No full nudity allowed (you have to at least be wearing a thong) and no sex allowed at these parties that I attend (there are other sex parties, but I don't go). Some amount of light bdsm play is allowed (like spanking). It's a nightclub/bar setting. Themes are: sometimes color based like red, black and white. Dress like animals (cat ears or bunny ears for example) or in animal prints, circus, medical (dress like a nurse for example), uniform, fire and ice, fantasy, corsets, gay pride, latex (you have to wear rubber of some kind to go to this). And there are two performers at each event that will put on a short show (dancing usually) twice during the night. Sometimes latex fashion shows also. They happen once a month.

That sounds like a typical Tuesday night at our house.

*shrug
  • Krishna000
    Krishna000 Posts: 35 Member
    M single but would love to hangout chitchat with a married lady? anyone out der?
  • BinaryPulsar
    edited August 2016
    Motorsheen wrote: »

That sounds like a typical Tuesday night at our house.

*shrug

Yes, but it's a different dynamic with the crowd, music, public sexy dancing and play, and the shows. As much as I enjoy our time at home. I like the public, community, party, social, and dancing element very much. Plus getting away from the kids.
  • BinaryPulsar
    My husband is going away today and he made a list of things he needs to do. And it was funny. It said stuff like: wake up, eat food, take out trash, call cab, go to nut house, wear plane clothes... I was cracking up and had to ask why it said to go to nut house. It was an abbreviation for Nutrition House (he is getting me something from there).
  • DarleneReid577
    DarleneReid577 Posts: 4,401 Member
    Krishna000 wrote: »
    M single but would love to hangout chitchat with a married lady? anyone out der?

Hello. I am a very married lady.
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,490 Member
    KinkJarfld wrote: »
    I was newly married (married for 35 years now) when Wifey asked why I didn't eat breakfast and only drank coffee. Like what, I asked? Oh, she said, like Cream of Wheat. Yuck, says I, it looks like albino diarrhea. That's when I found out Wifey had a very, very low gag reflex threshold.

Rimshot!

• DarlingNikki2011
    DarlingNikki2011 Posts: 287 Member
    Krishna000 wrote: »

May I ask why?
  • ozgurvh
    ozgurvh Posts: 182 Member
    Hehheh @provencal73 :)
  • ozgurvh
    ozgurvh Posts: 182 Member
    Any good subject to talk here ?
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    So folks... question... has social media affected your marriage at all? If so, have you done anything about it?

Very interesting question. I think I can say yes but it is in a very indirect way.

A few years ago I discovered through my companies Wellness program that I had gained about 30 lbs. Up to then I thought gaining weight was inevitable with middle-age and overall health decline etc. You could say I had resigned myself to becoming unhealthy.

A Wellness speaker mentioned mfp as a tool to count calories so I decided to give it a shot. Once I realized the power of logging calories I was surprised I had not gained more. Long story short, I reached my goal and began regularly exercising which made me feel better than I had in decades.

A surprising by-product of my losing weight was gaining confidence in who I was and I began to realize I had allowed myself to be treated in an unhealthy way in my marriage.

Over the next couple of years I gradually addressed it with my wife and we attended counseling and made intentional efforts to reach a better place but I realized it was my wife's nature to treat people that way. That led to a decision to separate for 6 months with the idea that doing so would either improve our relationship or not.

6 weeks after I moved, I receive papers from an attorney my wife had retained and my answer became evident.

With all that being said, the only influence social media had on me was the support of my mfp friends as I lost weight but I even left here for over a year in order to focus on the immediate need in my marriage. I'm not sure what the outcome would have been without mfp but nothing that has happened since has caused me any regret.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,005 Member
    Each party usually has a different theme. You can dress according to the theme. But, you don't have to. There is always a "fetish dress code" though, ... two performers at each event that will put on a short show (dancing usually) twice during the night. Sometimes latex fashion shows also. They happen once a month.

Is this just a Canada thing?
    I'm in suburbs Boston, and have never heard of such a thing.
    Key word is probably "suburbs", so I must be out of the loop.
  • BinaryPulsar
    edited August 2016
    huango wrote: »
    Each party usually has a different theme. You can dress according to the theme. But, you don't have to. There is always a "fetish dress code" though, ... two performers at each event that will put on a short show (dancing usually) twice during the night. Sometimes latex fashion shows also. They happen once a month.

I'm originally from Boston suburbs also. This is definitely a city thing. But, not just a Canadian thing. I don't know for certain, but I think they might have events like this in Boston. Where I live just happens to have an abundance of these events. There are so many I don't go to. I have such a variety to choose from. I know there is a big one in Florida called Fetish Factory. And in San Francisco. I think in LA also. And Seattle. And many places. But, it's the dance party element that really makes it great and accessible to anyone. There are parties that are kink play parties, sex parties, swinger parties, bdsm play parties. I personally would have no interest in attending a party that was just sex, bdsm, and talking. I like the fun dance club event. You can find resources, events, groups on fetlife. Or by doing searches for events that are fetish, kink, kinky, bdsm, play, or even burlesque. Sometimes they have events at private clubs and those will have sex on premise (sop). I go to the fetish nights which are more about the outfits, music, dancing, and light play (no sex), and some shows. The parties are very lgbt friendly, and there will be a lot of bisexuality. And you can be single, open relationship, or monogamous relationship, etc. And you could definitely wear that sequin bikini!
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member

In all seriousness, I think you might have to check out the personals section of Craigslist to find out where some of them are.
  • BinaryPulsar
    edited August 2016

In all seriousness, I think you might have to check out the personals section of Craigslist to find out where some of them are.

I don't know about Craig's list. Not so sure I would trust Craig's list. A simple internet search or fetlife is better. And personals are for meeting people. These are dance parties held at dance clubs. I found it from an internet search. And in that search I found fetish mailing lists. There are articles written about the parties in mainstream event reviews. And Info through the host. And info through the clubs they are held at. There are flyers put up around the city. And Facebook pages and groups.
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,490 Member
    Wizeman22 wrote: »
    Today is my second year anniversary being married to my wife and next month will be 10 years I have been in a relationship.

Happy Anniversary!