Replies

• BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Married, ten years in October. Together nearly 17 years. :smile:
  • DarleneReid577
    DarleneReid577 Posts: 4,401 Member
    Options
    I remember the MIL upstairs living room that was plastic wrapped..lol..forgotten about that.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I did go-go dancing tonight.
  • celestehughesbradley
    Options

That sounds like fun!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I remember the MIL upstairs living room that was plastic wrapped..lol..forgotten about that.

There's always this "perfection" about the MIL which they try to pass on to the next generation. Didn't work with us, and we didn't have to endure it for very long either.
  • meredithgir199
    meredithgir199 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    @mangamaday No I am not joking! I am a stay at home wife that is my job and a do it with happiness. The house is to be kept neat and tidy at all times and me wait on him after all he does work hard all day. Not to say he does not do the same for me at times because he does I am very spoiled. But, I get left A list every morning and everything on that list is to be done when he gets home unless I am not feeling well or something comes up and I just can't get it done. But I am very devoted to my husband and most of the time get everything done.

You don't get offended by said list?

• amcalmond768
    amcalmond768 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I was just typing this up in another thread.

My wife has a very strong personality. Me, I'm very diplomatic and polite. She is not and she is the kind of person you don't want to mess with becoz she will tear you apart. I kind of get a rise out of it.

Like when we bought the house and the neighbor gave me a hard time because I was parking on the street even though it was in front of my own fcuking house. I was shocked and I kind of stood back pensively when he said, "let's not make this a legal issue".

When she got home, I told her about it and she walked right across in rage to have a chat and I don't know what happened, the neighbor and his wife are now fleeing at the very sight of me or my wife ever since.
    That's good.. She don't take crap from anyone! Sometimes we have to be just a tad cut throat.
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    Options

What was the go-go dancing like? Was this the first time you had ever danced that step? Was it an event or a club that featured that music? Just curious.....
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

What was the go-go dancing like? Was this the first time you had ever danced that step? Was it an event or a club that featured that music? Just curious.....

I was taking a class in burlesque and go-go dancing with a burlesque performer. Though, I expected more burlesque, it was more go-go dancing. And it was 1960's style go-go dancing. It wasn't my first time dancing in this style. But first actual class in this style. It was fun. And good exercise. And a friend was taking the class as well. It was a surprise and I hadn't seen her in a while. The class was in her area, where I used to live, but I moved.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I have been (unsuccessfully) trying to talk hubs into taking dance lessons with me. It would be fun and romantic, whilst (maybe) piquing his interest into incorporating some fitness into his life, too! I need him to be healthy...I plan on keeping him around for a long time!
  • BinaryPulsar
    edited July 2016
    Options
    jenibethbu wrote: »
    I have been (unsuccessfully) trying to talk hubs into taking dance lessons with me. It would be fun and romantic, whilst (maybe) piquing his interest into incorporating some fitness into his life, too! I need him to be healthy...I plan on keeping him around for a long time!

Dancing is fun. I can't get my husband to take classes. But, he does enjoy going out dancing with me. And he has suggested I choreograph a routine for us to try (I'm a professional dancer). I was thinking it too. And he has some ideas. It would be fun. But, classes are helpful as well. They teach steps and moves to incorporate. But, I understand. I prefer freestyle dancing as well. But classes give a technical base plus new ideas to draw from.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    Doing laundry this morning & realize that even though my husband has a decent amount of clothing, I just rewash the same shirts, shorts, etc over & over again! Does he just not go any deeper into the closet? If I rearranged the clothes would he ho looking for those items? Shine some light here, husbands!
    P.S...no wonder he thinks I own so many clothes; I wear different things all of the time! In actuality, we are pretty well neck and neck!
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Speaking for myself I tend to gravitate toward the clothing in which I believe I look the best. Other items that do not give me the same feeling (even though I may have purchased them myself) are simply not my "go to" pieces so I leave them hanging.

There may be some convenience factor that prevents your husband from digging deeper or he may simply not like to break from routine as much as you. It may be an interesting experiment to rearrange his things and see what his response is.

I have also caught myself in the past absentmindedly choosing something to wear because my mind was already engaged in thinking about what the day would bring at work and I didn't want to stop that train of thought long enough to think through the choice of clothing. It wasn't that I viewed choosing something different to wear as formidable more than what I wore was of much less consequence than the battle I was about to enter at my job.

So there you go, one husband's confession on why guys may seem unimaginative in terms of our clothing. I guess that's one advantage to wearing a uniform right?
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Well, we live all over the house, except for the guest rooms upstairs, so they are the only truly special, set apart rooms. As far as the pillows, too many, to me, looks just way too silly.

Your talk about men's clothes remind me of when my husband and I first got married, and I looked in his closet. It was all polyester (seriously!) and all of his clothes were too small! His first wife was a friend, and I knew she tended toward polyester and frills, which are anathema to me!! But since my husband and I lived a state apart before marrying (we'd known each other since we were very young teens), I was completely unprepared for what was in his closet. I didn't go out and buy him clothes, but I suggested the first store and went with him while he chose his own new clothes. The main thing I had to say (since stores didn't sell polyester anymore) was, "No, that is too small for you." He got it almost immediately. Since then, I've been able to just sit back and see him in his clothing. He's a good dresser now. I admit, however, that I wish he would occasionally wear a suit.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I buy my husband new shirts as presents. Usually just soft cotton shirts. I tend to wear a lot of the same clothes on a daily basis. But I also dress fun. Just depends on what's going on.
  • KevinPsalm23v4
    KevinPsalm23v4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Does divorced or pending divorce count?
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    1/2 the solution to any problem is realizing there IS a problem Project6... the Golden rule, and being courteous is all it takes really... be respectful, and exercise gratitude. Or not... the world you see through your eyes is by your creation... if you think it needs improvement THAT is your responsibility.
  • tammmers83
    tammmers83 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm married... I pretty much give off that "dont mess with me" vibe so I dont get those "hey girl" msgs... Lol... Or Im fugly and no one will tell me ! Lol.. Im always down for more friends. Who is in Oregon?
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I'm late, but I was going to reply "I never heard of decorative rooms", but then after I got to the end of the thread I realized that my guest room would be the equivalent, I suppose, as I chose all the paint colors, décor, etc. and I don't allow any kids or dogs in there.

I just remember as a kid always having to peel my short clad, sweaty-legged self off of old folks couches, as they always had them covered in plastic.