High protein, low carb breakfasts

Options
mypeep
mypeep Posts: 55 Member
edited August 2016 in Recipes
Does anyone have ideas for high protein, lower carb breakfasts. The only thing we have time to prepare in the morning is oatmeal and an egg. Very boring! I need some recipes that are quick, easy and doesn't contain meat. Thank you.

Replies

• shan11180
    shan11180 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    How about a veggie crustless quiche or muffins? I usually make mine over the weekend and then have it throughout the week. I'm curious of what others suggest! :smile:
  • mypeep
    Options
    shan11180 wrote: »
    How about a veggie crustless quiche or muffins? I usually make mine over the weekend and then have it throughout the week. I'm curious of what others suggest! :smile:

Sounds good! Do you have any recipes for these meals?
  • mypeep
    Options
    PBquote="Pohudet;37528320"]I have just discovered PB2. It is powdered peanut butter. It is lower in calories than PB because it has less fat. I put 2 spoons of it into some plain yoghurt, and this is my breakfast. I am planning to try it with tofu - that might work better for you if you avoid all animal products, not just meat. But, choose only high quality tofu.[/quote]

Where is PB2 sold?
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,846 Member
    Options
    I get my PB2 at Walmart in the USA.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I do a Cliff Bar, typically Coconut and Chocolate Chip with a Protein Shake.
  • mypeep
    Options
    CarolPre wrote: »
    I get my PB2 at Walmart in the USA.

Thank you. I just picked up a container at my local Walmart.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Yep, make a quiche. 6 eggs, random veggies, bit of cheese, then bake it until it's set.

Or you can use low carb tortillas to make egg/veggie wraps.
  • APO_Katie
    APO_Katie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love eggs with salsa. There are a ton to different types of salsa out there so you can pick one that suits your taste.
  • sherrirollins4
    sherrirollins4 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I eat this for breakfast often: 1/2 C 1% Cottage Cheese, 4 sliced strawberries, 2 Tbsp blueberries, 1/2 C chopped pecans. It's a delicious, on the go breakfast!
  • IzzyBooNZ
    IzzyBooNZ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    APO_Katie wrote: »
    I love eggs with salsa. There are a ton to different types of salsa out there so you can pick one that suits your taste.

this sounds good, how do you cook your eggs to go with the salsa?

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Try quinoa and beans with some salsa or hot sauce (be careful - these are likely to be high in carbs, but if you just use a LITTLE for flavor you won't get too much) and some cheese mixed in. Then put a scrambled or soft-boiled egg on top. YUM.
  • mypeep
    Options
    Thanks much everyone for the great suggestions. Can't wait to try them!
  • mypeep
    Options
    1 carb protein waffles are my go to. It's just 1 scoop of protein, 1 whole egg, cashew milk, and a dash of baking powder stirred to consistency and cooked in a waffle iron. It's definitely not actual waffle texture, but for 1 carb and 30g of protein it's pretty darn good. If you want the official recipe just google 1 carb pescience waffle and you'll get a ton of results.

What brand of protein powder do you use?
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    mypeep wrote: »
    1 carb protein waffles are my go to. It's just 1 scoop of protein, 1 whole egg, cashew milk, and a dash of baking powder stirred to consistency and cooked in a waffle iron. It's definitely not actual waffle texture, but for 1 carb and 30g of protein it's pretty darn good. If you want the official recipe just google 1 carb pescience waffle and you'll get a ton of results.

What brand of protein powder do you use?

I use pescience brand. I sometimes use cellucor as well, both are great for baking.
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% greek yogurt and protein powder(any flavor).

or

Fage 0% greek yogurt,
    1 Tbsp PB2
    7 g mini chocolate morsels
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • lindascovanner
    lindascovanner Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Love my powdered peanut butter with my frozen banana and almond milk. Add in spinach and some chia seeds or flax for omega and such and it's a quick out the door drink. Looking to add a veggie powder from doTerra. Will have to report back on taste.