lifters, whats your worst lift?

Replies

• julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 178 Member
    My snatches are pretty weak and my squats tend to be problematic. My best lifts are clean and jerk and over head press.
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    I deload so often for my OHP. I think it's definitely a lift to press on with. Deload or not. I still hate it.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Bench press for sure. It's only 70lbs higher than my strict form overhead press. Hoping to get it higher, doing plenty of dumbbell work to try and develope the muscles and stabilizers a bit more
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Probably my squat. I've maxed out at 140 lbs on bench and 220 lbs on deadlift. My best squat is only 160!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited September 2016
    Bent or Pentlay rows. I tear my tendon in my elbows easily when doing them. So I'm lucky to get 25% of a working set these days.

Main lift probably squat though it's moving now but I can probably only do 380s at best and my bench is 320-330s though I haven't done a true 1rm in a couple years.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Bench Press. Haven't tested my max in awhile but it's right around 110. I want 135 so badly.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    OHP for me. I've been stuck at 60lbs for a while and just yesterday finally added 2 more pounds.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,913 Member
    squat :(

technique not bad apparently, but fear of going super heavy and breaking something more than anything else. Plus I don't train with a spotter so if I fail I will have the safeties to help but that's it.

Would love to learn some Olympic Lifts tho - next of my list :)

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    I'm stuck on both overhead press and bench right now, and retraining squats, so I'm still loving deadlifts and not much else right now . . .
  • maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    OHP and deadlifts. I'm so inconsistent with my set up for them and I feel so in my head for them; DLs have been feeling no bueno lately. And OHP is just my weakest. I am liking bench a lot but I am kind of peeved by my lack of arch, even with set up efforts. I guess lack of torso isn't too helpful? *shrugs*
  • Return2Fit
    Return2Fit Posts: 226 Member
    edited September 2016
    Some years back my biggest challenge after several leg injuries were squats and dead-lifts.
    And while my lower body recovered and healed, I worked upper body and developed an imbalance worthy of being poster boy for skipping leg day.
    31hm7fkk3j49.jpg
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Overhead work is struggle bus on this cut. Monday barely managed 95lbs for triples

Blah. It cut off the rest of my response. Bench and deads are equally awesome. Squats are squats. Weights are moving well, they are feeling good, I just don't love them. But since I'm determined to get my deadlift record back, I need to squat. And since I have to squat, it's going to get worked until I'm the best squatter I can be. But for preference, I'd rather bench or pull any day of the week.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    OHP for sure, can't make any progress on it at all.
  • 35dollars
    35dollars Posts: 830 Member
    Hornsby wrote: »
    What qualifies as a "crappy" overhead press? I am just curious. It is by far my weakest lift of the big lifts, but what are the standards?

That's a really good question, and one I've been wondering as well - what would be a good/bad ratio of weight between some key lifts - say squat/bench/ohp/bent over row/deadlift or SLDL?

At the moment, none of my lifts are exactly stellar, but I think my OHP is really poor and my bench press isn't exactly great either. In terms of ratio of 10RM on those, I'm at about 70/50/25/45/50 kg (SLDL for the last one) and weigh 75K

• iManifestGoals
    iManifestGoals Posts: 40 Member
    Snatch needs work.

Squats, clean & jerk are fine. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Dayle1984
    Dayle1984 Posts: 70 Member
    SNATCH. ugh. I can clean 170, squat 225, jerk 145, but cannot snatch more than 80#!
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited September 2016
    35dollars wrote: »
    What qualifies as a "crappy" overhead press? I am just curious. It is by far my weakest lift of the big lifts, but what are the standards?

That's a really good question, and one I've been wondering as well - what would be a good/bad ratio of weight between some key lifts - say squat/bench/ohp/bent over row/deadlift or SLDL?

At the moment, none of my lifts are exactly stellar, but I think my OHP is really poor and my bench press isn't exactly great either. In terms of ratio of 10RM on those, I'm at about 70/50/25/45/50 kg (SLDL for the last one) and weigh 75K

I've heard that 100% of body weight is advanced and 75% isn't bad, but I have no idea whether those figures have any statistical support or credence among lifters. Without it being a competitive lift its hard to tell. I'd love someone else with more experience to chime in.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    35dollars wrote: »

I've heard that 100% of body weight is advanced and 75% isn't bad, but I have no idea whether those figures have any statistical support or credence among lifters. Without it being a competitive lift its hard to tell. I'd love someone else with more experience to chime in.

Sounds plausible. I am not sure I would ever 1rm on a shoulder press, but using a 1rm calculated puts my 145x5 at a 1rm of 167 with a body weight of 175. That kinda "matches" where most of my other lifts are in relation to intermediate/advanced.