Feeling unattractive?

Options

Replies

• teetertatertango
    teetertatertango Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Try to figure out what is making you feel this way...

Social or other media? Maybe time for a little break from the edited, airbrushed "ideals".

There is something about you that is unique and wonderful. If you nurture that, your supposed physical imperfections will seem remote. Are you treating yourself well?

Also, I've found volunteering to be really helpful for shifting my perspective.
  • Geeky_and_Cheeky
    Geeky_and_Cheeky Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I have my days, that's for sure. I'm a work in progress after my separation. I'm very worn down from doing everything by myself. I'm hoping in a few months, our divorce will be finalized, and I'll be in a routine & can start putting some effort into my looks & drop this nagging 20lbs. Maybe even start dating again.
  • pleaserose
    pleaserose Posts: 8 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Just know this beauty is not about the outward appearance . Your kindness , your generosity, or your curiosity.The willingness to reach out, to touch , to stop someone's tears. The will to make some one laugh . To be the shoulder, and the ear . To listen, to cry , to breathe, to fight, and to dream .These things are someone's true beauty . There fore if you do one kind thing you are the prettiest person in the world. The will to try, dream,question, and push forward also make people beautiful. Social media does not tell you that .

Yes even I do. Sometimes I fall into that pot..

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Rejected by my husband most days...yep I feel unattractive right now.

Not going to lie. This made me sad
  • lisciousg24
    lisciousg24 Posts: 189 Member
    Options

WTF!!!
    So not right!
    Don't let that bring you down.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Nope. When my wife and I get out of the house, heads turn.

Atta boy
  • lisciousg24
    lisciousg24 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Some days! I think it's a matter of who knows. But some days I feel as beautiful as can be and others, ugh just can't grasp pretty.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Nope. When my wife and I get out of the house, heads turn.

For me, its stomachs
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm ugly, but it doesn't really matter. Lots of others things more important
  • Pterod
    Pterod Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Send him revealing selfies.

Tried that, nothing.
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Send him revealing selfies.

Tried that, nothing.

Do you believe his unresponsiveness has nothing to do with you? Do you suspect he has is own issues which you cannot heal? That kinda thing?
  • Pterod
    Options
    He said he's not attracted to me, never has been. Confidence at an all time low. Anyway, sorry for getting personal, the thread just hit a nerve!
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Was this the same husband that was asexual?
  • Pterod
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    Was this the same husband that was asexual?

Yes. We're still together because I love him. We have a family together too. Still, my confidence is shot!
  • Pterod
    Options
    Okay Bear. What are your options now? Lay them out and pick one and hang on tightly. Don't lose yourself. When you start to believe you're unattractive because a spouse says so you will have a literal emotional grave to dig-out-of. At least you will if you're like me. I am still 3' down. But I've progressed 3' :)

Did you experience something similar? I hope you are ok.
  • Sandra37405
    Sandra37405 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think I'm reasonably attractive but beginning to think I may be the only one with that opinion..... lol