Colonic Hydrotherapy

Options

Replies

• CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'd totally forgotten about this thread. That makes sense, since I participated in it ONE AND A HALF YEARS AGO. That appears to have escaped the notice of the person who resurrected it today, then proceeded to send me a private message entitled "Do you have a problem with free will?" Apparently a degree heavy in the physical sciences and a large dollop of common sense is not sufficient. :laugh:

Congratulations to the first person to get message blocked! No, no prize. Sorry. <not>

I'm also a recipient of a snotty message from them.
    It's against the rules to post it here but we can swap and compare if you wish.

Not necessary, but also not surprising she felt it perfectly acceptable to dispense HER exalted opinion that others should not be disseminating THEIRS. :laugh:
  • shoeoptional
    shoeoptional Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The Gerson Clinic is a strong advocate of this and they're getting people to beat cancer with it.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    Seriously?? You resurrected a 3 year old zombie thread for that??

I know right and how would it cause you to beat cancer anyways? I find it hilarious that some people really believe this is legit but no gastroenterologist would ever recommend it at all !
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Oh geez
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    *note to self. Stay far away from Gerson.

On another note, I see the local Dr. Bernstein weight loss clinic is shut down. Yay.

http://www.doctorsreview.com/history/jul05-history/

AAND holy necro thread.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Cleanses/detox/whatever - aren't worth anything. If it were, everybody would do it, and nobody would need to lose weight.

I even asked my Bariatric surgeon - I keep hearing about cleanses and detoxes, etc. from everywhere else but here. He said if there were any benefit to it, he'd be recommending it. He hasn't yet.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    The Gerson Clinic is a strong advocate of this and they're getting people to beat cancer with it.

Jimminy. Who knew you could rinse cancer our your rectum.

I would suggest anyone with cancer stay as far away from Gerson as possible. They make me ill, they way they scam and vulnerable people.

This. Preying on the vulnerable and desperate is despicable.
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    @cerise_noir my favourite is picosalax, go lytely, etc
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

Not the pineapple flavored though, it took a long time for me to like pineapples again.
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    I was joking @queenliz99 that stuff is vile. My last 2 were orange (thank goodness orange flavoured stuff isn't a fave of mine anyways), but my first was lemon. It took me forever to drink lemonade again
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Oh shoot!

198382-audix-i5-thread-old-2.jpg

Didn't realize it. :)
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    This thread is full of crap (minus the intelligent anti-woo posts...)

Four words:
    Haribo sugar-free gummies.
    You're welcome.

Best colon-cleansing method known to mankind.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    But...but....gummy bears.
    And picosalax...mmmmgross. Been there, done that, hope to never ever go there again. Yes, it was pineapple.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Colon cleansing - just as much BS in 2016 as it was in 2013.
  • Chilli7777
    Chilli7777 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It wont make you drop much weight. Youre better off taking a bowel prep which will completely clean out your bowel.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Chilli7777 wrote: »
    Youre better off taking a bowel prep which will completely clean out your bowel.

No reason to do this either unless medically necessary.

And by "medically necessary" I don't mean by eating imaginary toxins.
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    Chilli7777 wrote: »
    Youre better off taking a bowel prep which will completely clean out your bowel.

No reason to do this either unless medically necessary.

And by "medically necessary" I don't mean by eating imaginary toxins.
    Exactly. And why would you want to? I have colonoscopies every year and no way would I take it just for fun.