No weight loss

Options

Replies

• Luvlybubly
    Luvlybubly Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Umm_Soli wrote: »
    tamhiuwa wrote: »
    hi buddie, I am the same... so flustrated. but I read a book that may be the weight of fat reduced, and drinking water make body retain water and gain weight..... I now buy a Keton paper and try to test myself tomorrow

Hi, I've always been told to drink lots of water. What's a Keton paper?

I think they mean "Keto strip", the phrase varies depending on the country they are in.
    icemom011 wrote: »
    In the beginning i felt the same way. The weight would not come off, scale stayed same or would go up. It used to frusrate me so much and wanting to say, why I'm even bothering. Then i started not just weighing myself daily, but logging daily weight on mfp ( i don't use any other trend weight apps ). And over time it made me realize that with all that zigzaging up and down, it goes down pretty steady. And it's normal, due to hormonal fluctuations, sodium intake, phisical activity etc. Be patient, and most importantly, consistent. Just keep pushing through. You will learn many things about your body in the process, and you will be happy that you've stuck with it. Good luck.

Thank you.
    I've only logged my starting weight. Not sure how to log new weight.
    I'm feeling a lot more confident about losing weight now
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    @lizcharles2860 It is frustrating when you don't see any changes at first. I understand how frustrating it can be when you finally start working hard and you don't see results as fast as you would like, or expect to see them. Like everyone else said, it took time to come on and it will take time to come off. I've heard that it is easier to keep off if you lose it slowly. I have managed to lose about 75 in 11 years. That is a long time to lose weight, but I wasn't always committed and didn't always do what needed to be done. Keep your chin up. Your loss of 3lbs is just the beginning.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    hi buddie, I am the same... so flustrated. but I read a book that may be the weight of fat reduced, and drinking water make body retain water and gain weight..... I now buy a Keton paper and try to test myself tomorrow

I think they mean "Keto strip", the phrase varies depending on the country they are in.
    In the beginning i felt the same way. The weight would not come off, scale stayed same or would go up. It used to frusrate me so much and wanting to say, why I'm even bothering. Then i started not just weighing myself daily, but logging daily weight on mfp ( i don't use any other trend weight apps ). And over time it made me realize that with all that zigzaging up and down, it goes down pretty steady. And it's normal, due to hormonal fluctuations, sodium intake, phisical activity etc. Be patient, and most importantly, consistent. Just keep pushing through. You will learn many things about your body in the process, and you will be happy that you've stuck with it. Good luck.

Thank you.

Click "MY HOME", upper left, Then click "Check-In", below "MY HOME" & 3rd, from the left!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Exercising every day can cause long-term water retention, simply by over-stressing different muscles every day. The idea of rest and sleep may seem counter-intuitive, but is crucial for your over-stressed muscles to repair stronger than before.

I've been on this journey since January. Last week I was frustrated after imagining I was on a plateau for 1 week. I just stayed on the program by staying in a calorie deficit and logging all my food. The water left this weekend and the scale reveals my weight loss. It happens like that for most of us.
  • Luvlybubly
    Options

Thank you.

Click "MY HOME", upper left, Then click "Check-In", below "MY HOME" & 3rd, from the left!

Hmm, my app must be different. Can't see it
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

Thank you.

Oh okay, I don't/can't use the application because I have a Windows phone, that MFP; doesn't support anymore. So I am using, the web version.
  • Luvlybubly
    Options
    Exercising every day can cause long-term water retention, simply by over-stressing different muscles every day. The idea of rest and sleep may seem counter-intuitive, but is crucial for your over-stressed muscles to repair stronger than before.

I've been on this journey since January. Last week I was frustrated after imagining I was on a plateau for 1 week. I just stayed on the program by staying in a calorie deficit and logging all my food. The water left this weekend and the scale reveals my weight loss. It happens like that for most of us.

Ah, that probably explains why I've been using the toilet more frequently for the past couple of days.

Maybe I should exercise every other day?

• Luvlybubly
    Options
    ptsmiles wrote: »
    @lizcharles2860 It is frustrating when you don't see any changes at first. I understand how frustrating it can be when you finally start working hard and you don't see results as fast as you would like, or expect to see them. Like everyone else said, it took time to come on and it will take time to come off. I've heard that it is easier to keep off if you lose it slowly. I have managed to lose about 75 in 11 years. That is a long time to lose weight, but I wasn't always committed and didn't always do what needed to be done. Keep your chin up. Your loss of 3lbs is just the beginning.

Thank you.

• Luvlybubly
    Options

Thank you.

Oh okay, I don't/can't use the application because I have a Windows phone, that MFP; doesn't support anymore. So I am using, the web version.

I'll try the web version. Thanks
  • klewlis
    klewlis Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    What calorie goal does MFP give you for your activity level?
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

Thank you.

You're very much welcome, I should've mentioned; what version I use 1st.
  • Luvlybubly
    Options

Thank you.

I've done it via the website. Thank you. I see there is a lot more information from the web version.

• Luvlybubly
    Options
    klewlis wrote: »

I set my own calorie goal
  • Luvlybubly
    Options

Thank you.

I've done it via the website. Thank you. I see there is a lot more information from the web version.

I see some people have nicknames instead of their real name. Is there a way that I can change mine?
  • klewlis
    Options
    klewlis wrote: »

I set my own calorie goal

based on what?
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

Thank you.

I see some people have nicknames instead of their real name. Is there a way that I can change mine?

From your profile page go to "Settings" then "Change Username." :)
  • Luvlybubly
    Options
    I checked online, iI should have 1500 but I set it to 1300
  • Luvlybubly
    Options
    Based on age, height and weight
  • klewlis
    Options
    so based on age, height, and weight, the guideline was 1500. But you (arbitrarily) decided to aim for 1300, and frequently you're only eating 1000. There's a massive difference between 1000 and 1500. And 1000 is not enough to sustain health. You may not be eating enough. It seems counter-intuitive but undereating can be just as problematic as overeating.
  • Luvlybubly
    Options

Thank you.

From your profile page go to "Settings" then "Change Username." :)

Thank you, I'll do that