Feeling unattractive?

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I'm seeing a lot of beautiful women posting on this thread with a skewed sense of self and it's too bad.

Some of you are simply knock-outs that any guy should be honored to know, never mind date.

On the other side of the issue, the guys posting on this thread... well let's just say most of you fell out of the ugly tree and slammed into every single branch on the way down to a hard, hard landing.

It society.. Makes us feel like we need to look a certain way to be pretty or desirable .. It hard to compete with the image they want you to drive to be. I was very over weight as a teen and even now as an adult mainting my weight I still feel like the ugly fat chick.. It's hard to change the way you think.

Well.... I'm not seeing these women how they looked or acted as teenagers and I completely understand how old feelings die hard. There's all kinds of beautiful and I'm seeing a lot of very attractive women posting here. I would ask that the women not feeling so attractive, take a step back and look at themselves in the present; they might really like what they see (I know that I do).
  • _birdie__
    _birdie__ Posts: 308 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    _birdie__ wrote: »
    yep i dont think it will ever change

i'm ok with that though

like ive lived so long irl as an un pretty girl i wouldn't know how to be any other way

whoa. wait. what?

I just saw this. "Un-pretty" ??

....No way, just the opposite; seriously.

you know i've lost about 85 pounds now and logically i see it but i was fat for my whole life and really fat for like the past 6/7 years so i dont feel it

irl still have like that 'keep your head down and don't talk to anyone' kinda thing that fat kids have

• drbuzzard91
    drbuzzard91 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I have low self esteem so I always feel ugly lol especially when I try to talk to girls and get shut down I'm like awesome!
  • Runningman_78
    Runningman_78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Always had low self esteem, then was with someone for a long time who didnt help things either. I think now that I'm in my 30's I've come to accept who I am and change what I have control over. Some things I dont and im ok with that now. Still have my very bad days though
  • jjejjtu
    jjejjtu Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I think we all have days when we don't feel great about ourselves. Growing up, probably starting at about age 10, I had really bad skin, just horribly oily and covered with acne, and was made fun of from 5th grade through 12th grade pretty badly, and then continuing on into college to a lesser degree. It was really horrible, and severely damaged my self esteem. Despite my best efforts I couldn't do anything to clear up my skin and finally when I was 24 I got a prescription for Accutane and was able to rid myself of the worst of it, though it never completely went away. But for 14 years I looked horrible and other people had no issue at all pointing that out. I don't think that kind of damage ever completely goes away. I'm now 43 and am okay with the way I look. I am at peace with the fact that I will never be a supermodel and am a woman who is middle-aged and the signs of time are starting to show. I am not perfect and will never be. I still have oily skin and small bumps every single day, and maybe more because of those voices from the past it makes me feel like an unattractive person sometimes. I have to remind myself that I am just hyper-sensitive to things that in reality probably no one else is even going to notice.
  • Pterod
    Pterod Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to be more positive, I maybe won't find myself beautiful and I can't help what my husband thinks but I can accept myself more so that's what I'm going to work on.
  • mrflipmode
    mrflipmode Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're lacking some self confidence.
    I'm sure the majority of us have days when we don't look or feel our best.
    So you're not alone trust me.
    Plenty of nice people on here to give you some positive feedback.

Hope you're feeling better soon, and remember most people on magazine covers etc have been air brushed
    to death, you're natural.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'm seeing a lot of beautiful women posting on this thread with a skewed sense of self and it's too bad.

Some of you are simply knock-outs that any guy should be honored to know, never mind date.

On the other side of the issue, the guys posting on this thread... well let's just say most of you fell out of the ugly tree and slammed into every single branch on the way down to a hard, hard landing.

I agree, I'd love to look like; some of these women here myself! We're often, our own worst critics/bullies. What if you had an identical twin? Would you think, as low of them; as you do yourself? Would you be, their bully? Also does anyone else in your family, have the same physical features; that you dislike concerning yourself? Would you dislike your child, if they inherited a feature via you; that you dislike you have?

It society.. Makes us feel like we need to look a certain way to be pretty or desirable .. It hard to compete with the image they want you to drive to be. I was very over weight as a teen and even now as an adult mainting my weight I still feel like the ugly fat chick.. It's hard to change the way you think.

Anyone whom competes/accepts it're also to blame, for it's continuance; if not for it's creation! So if your child gets bullied for not being the unnecessary standard, that you yourself're attempting to achieve; then you were also a participant in your child being bullied!
  • mr_smuts
    mr_smuts Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Looking at the posts in this thread, I see a lot of beautiful people not believing that they are beautiful. I am far from what main stream calls attractive and I don't care. I know I am attractive in my own right.

You just have to believe in yourself and take a positive attitude. If not, it is going to be a long journey.
  • Thisnameischosen_
    Thisnameischosen_ Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Some days, but it's usually if I haven't been taking care of myself properly. I'll feel crappy inside so I feel like I look that way on the outside. I know I'm not perfect, and there's things that I'd maybe like to change (my nose for example) but I am who I am and I'm happy with what I've got. I have my own style, the way i wear my hair, the way I dress, its all a little unusual but it suits me and I pull it off. I tired to fit in with others when I was younger and I just felt worse and more unattractive for it.
    I think it's important to work with what you have and make the most of yourself. People be trying to change the way they look or be something that they're not and it doesn't fit/look right for them. I think this can be one of the reasons why people have that feeling of insecurity, because they aren't being their true selves.. least that was the case for me anyway..

(Also, 30. I just turned 30 last year and I'm loving it! Screw you world!!)
  • jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    jaxass wrote: »
    I don't think I'm unattractive, but I do think I'm undateable. In other words, I'm not ugly, but I'm not handsome enough to be seen with in public. :smile:
    Undateable is an attitude. Not physical appearance related.

You're absolutely right. Their attitude is: "he's not handsome enough to be seen in public with." ;)

But truth is, it really doesn't bother me all that much. At times, yes, but for the most part it doesn't. I like who I am 95% of the time and dedicate my time to other things rather than focusing on myself. The 5% I do focus on myself always seems to get me down. I hate it when that happens.
  • svrover
    svrover Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I like me but I think I'm unattractive... sad but true
  • benmullins4
    benmullins4 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    svrover wrote: »
    I like me but I think I'm unattractive... sad but true

You're a good looking cat, bro! You got the Troy Polamalu hair going. I think people base their own standards on what others are basing theirs on.
    Here's how I do it...
    Look in the mirror, and ask yourself. "Would I do me if I was a woman?" "Would I do me if I was a dude?"
    If your answer is *kitten* yeah! Then you're good :wink:
  • StillMrsUptonOgood
    Options
    All the time.....my profile pic is probably my favorite one but it is from over a year ago and I don't feel like I resemble that girl at all anymore.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,791 Member
    Options
    I just avoid mirrors.