No weight loss

Options
1235»

Replies

• Luvlybubly
    Luvlybubly Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    klewlis wrote: »
    so based on age, height, and weight, the guideline was 1500. But you (arbitrarily) decided to aim for 1300, and frequently you're only eating 1000. There's a massive difference between 1000 and 1500. And 1000 is not enough to sustain health. You may not be eating enough. It seems counter-intuitive but undereating can be just as problematic as overeating.

I'm aiming for 1300 now. Because I've been getting quite nauseated and dizzy. If it continues I'll take it to 1500
  • Luvlybubly
    Options
    I've changed my username
  • beefcake_4000
    beefcake_4000 Posts: 19 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    walking with alot of weight will make u gain muscle weight and retain water so dont sweat it if you keep your calorie intake around 1200 1400 youll drop the weight consistently. how often do you weigh yourself ? if i were u id track my calories and weigh myself not more than like once twice per month. the impact psychologially is pretty great when u see a major drop everytime u step on the scale. weigh yourself too often and you will have to deal with those weeks when your body is retaining and holding the weight and that can be pretty hard to deal with.

honestly if u keep doing what youre doing the weight will come off. dont stress it it will happen
  • Luvlybubly
    Options
    walking with alot of weight will make u gain muscle weight and retain water so dont sweat it if you keep your calorie intake around 1200 1400 youll drop the weight consistently. how often do you weigh yourself ? if i were u id track my calories and weigh myself not more than like once twice per month. the impact psychologially is pretty great when u see a major drop everytime u step on the scale. weigh yourself too often and you will have to deal with those weeks when your body is retaining and holding the weight and that can be pretty hard to deal with.

honestly if u keep doing what youre doing the weight will come off. dont stress it it will happen

Thank you. I weigh myself almost every day.
    Thank you for the motivation

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Luvlybubly wrote: »
    Hello all. Just to keep you all updated. I took a 3 day rest from exercise. Then weighed myself this morning....ive finally lost some weight..
    3lbs, yay. I'm so over the moon. Thank you everyone x

Congratulations!
    You mentioned in another part of the thread that you have an under active thyroid and you take medication for that.
    As you lose the weight, that medication will need to be adjusted. You will stall frequently but don't get discouraged!
    I have another friend on here who is struggling with thyroid medications staying balanced as she continues to attempt to reach her goal weight. Hypothyroidism makes things more difficult but not impossible.
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Luvlybubly wrote: »
    Umm_Soli wrote: »
    tamhiuwa wrote: »
    hi buddie, I am the same... so flustrated. but I read a book that may be the weight of fat reduced, and drinking water make body retain water and gain weight..... I now buy a Keton paper and try to test myself tomorrow

Hi, I've always been told to drink lots of water. What's a Keton paper?

I think they mean "Keto strip", the phrase varies depending on the country they are in.
    icemom011 wrote: »
    In the beginning i felt the same way. The weight would not come off, scale stayed same or would go up. It used to frusrate me so much and wanting to say, why I'm even bothering. Then i started not just weighing myself daily, but logging daily weight on mfp ( i don't use any other trend weight apps ). And over time it made me realize that with all that zigzaging up and down, it goes down pretty steady. And it's normal, due to hormonal fluctuations, sodium intake, phisical activity etc. Be patient, and most importantly, consistent. Just keep pushing through. You will learn many things about your body in the process, and you will be happy that you've stuck with it. Good luck.

Thank you.
    I've only logged my starting weight. Not sure how to log new weight.
    I'm feeling a lot more confident about losing weight now

awesome...keep that feeling.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Water weight due to new activity will taper off as your body adjusts. If you change workouts, or intensities, you'll likely have another bought of water gain.

I do think it's likely you're eating more than you think, due to the way packaged foods are labeled. The food scale will be eye-opening. Happened to me. Lost a little over 100 pounds on here. Took a couple of years. Also hypothyroid and was on hormonal birth control for most of the weight-loss.

Weight-loss is a marathon, not a sprint. You just gotta keep at it!
    lu87cz03gyjs.jpg
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Three weeks and you are going to quit? Seriously? I didn't lose crap for 4 months of trying and I kept at it! Finally the weight loss picked up and it picked up fast and I have been losing since then! I don't see that you have real motivation if you are looking to quit after 3 weeks of trying to be honest. I'm not trying to be rude, but you should really reevaluate your time frame on losing weight, and your goals. Weight loss is NEVER the same. There's been times where I've lost 10 lbs in a month, 2 lbs in 3 months, 25 lbs in 2 months, 5 lbs in a month! Its never ever the same and to quit because of something like that is just....a little ridiculous to be honest..There's no real commitment that I'm seeing from you..
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Honestly it can take as much as 5 weeks to see weight loss through the quite normal bodyweight flucuations that occur from water retention and your monthly cycle. Even if you are losing a pound of fat a week you wouldn't necessarily expect to see it after 2 weeks or even 3 weeks.

Get comfortable with the idea that this is going to take a considerable amount of time. I'm afraid your expectation of noticeble results in the timescale of weeks is unwarranted. Need patience for this.