Why didn't Keto work for me?

Options
I felt like I tweaked low carb every way possible and I didn't lose. I lost the initial 4 lbs of water weight but stopped. Anyone have any advice? Don't say a calorie deficit is guaranteed to lose... I'm aware. Please and thank you.

Replies

• Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    How much weight did you have to lose? What are your stats? What answers are you looking for then if you don't want to hear a thing about calorie deficit?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    How many calories were you eating? How long did you go with absolutely no weight loss?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary to see if I could offer advice but you're not LCHF anymore. Perhaps you could give more details?

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Keto works the same as any other diet, but you need to still have a calorie deficit (sorry). If you didn't lose weight then you were eating too much. This also depends how long you did it for.. Some people don't start to see fat loss until 4 or so weeks in.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    It's impossible to help you without knowing every detail. Height, weight, daily activity level, weekly exercises, and every single thing you ate or drank.

Lots of people think they are doing it correctly but are really eating a lot more carbs than they believe or they are eating way too many calories for their exercise level and not letting themselves get into fat burning state.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    It's impossible to help you without knowing every detail. Height, weight, daily activity level, weekly exercises, and every single thing you ate or drank.

Lots of people think they are doing it correctly but are really eating a lot more carbs than they believe or they are eating way too many calories for their exercise level and not letting themselves get into fat burning state.

@silverfiend How do you get into fat burning state?
  • cami9273
    cami9273 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Totally off the op's topic. But can someone explain the calorie deficit? I'm new to Keto and want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    cami9273 wrote: »
    Totally off the op's topic. But can someone explain the calorie deficit? I'm new to Keto and want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly.

You simply need to burn more calories than you consume. Calories in is less than calories out. CI<CO.

Keto is just a tool to get to CI<CO. Some find eating LCHF makes it easier to eat less (lower CI) or slightly raises CO.
  • sweetbug0130
    sweetbug0130 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    According to your food diary, you haven't tracked long term or consistently to achieve long term results, keto or not. And calories count. Period.

I haven't been doing keto. I did it in the past. I know calories count and I ate according to my calorie goal as suggested on here. I went two months with no loss.
  • sweetbug0130
    Options
    Bearbo27 wrote: »
    How much weight did you have to lose? What are your stats? What answers are you looking for then if you don't want to hear a thing about calorie deficit?

I have about 80 to lose atleast. I'm 5'2" 266 lbs. The reason I don't want to hear about a calorie deficit is bc I know that part and did eat at a calorie deficit, lost four pounds the first week and didn't lose anything else over two months.
  • sweetbug0130
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    How many calories were you eating? How long did you go with absolutely no weight loss?

This website recommended 1370 and I stuck to that. I made sure my fat was high, my carbs were low, and my protein wasn't too high. Nothing after the first week for two months.
  • sweetbug0130
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    I looked at your diary to see if I could offer advice but you're not LCHF anymore. Perhaps you could give more details?

No I am not bc I was on it for two months or so with no loss at all. I counted meticulously and made sure to not eat processed foods as some can stall...nothing.
  • sweetbug0130
    Options
    Keto works the same as any other diet, but you need to still have a calorie deficit (sorry). If you didn't lose weight then you were eating too much. This also depends how long you did it for.. Some people don't start to see fat loss until 4 or so weeks in.

I was 10 weeks in with no loss aside of the initial 4 water lbs. I did eat at a calorie deficit is why I didn't want that as advice. If I have to ask questions about other things, I do know that much.
  • sweetbug0130
    Options

5'2", 266, 80 lbs to lose, exercised daily with a 300-500 calorie burn, lifted weights, and I counted, measured, and weighed everything I ate. 1370 calories and 70/15/5 fat to carbs.
  • sweetbug0130
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Bearbo27 wrote: »

I have about 80 to lose atleast. I'm 5'2" 266 lbs. The reason I don't want to hear about a calorie deficit is bc I know that part and did eat at a calorie deficit, lost four pounds the first week and didn't lose anything else over two months.

If you didn't lose anything in two months, you weren't eating at a deficit. Sorry.

So 1370 isn't a deficit!?!?!? If not then I give up and will remain at my weight. I will not starve myself.