No-cook breakfasts

Options

Replies

• dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Not non cook, but if you have a rice cooker oatmeal (I like steel cut) is no hassle and fool proof. I put it in when getting up and then shower and so on (or sometimes go for a run) and then have it. Toss on some berries, maybe protein powder.

Oh, yeah..that also reminded me about the slow cooker.I use it to make oatmeal all the time, and it lasts me several days. I just throw everything in the night before, and instant breakfast when I wake up!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    cside691 wrote: »
    Yoghurt and fresh fruit or my latest breakfast crave is pilchards on toast

Well I'm gonna have to look up that one lol.
  • DebzLoseIt
    DebzLoseIt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lenny & Larry's Complete Cookie
    Nature Valley Oats 'N Honey Granola Bar

Nature Valley Oats 'N Honey Granola Bar is so much my favorite (sometimes with Fage Greek Yogurt Plain)
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I eat a weird combo of a banana, couple dried figs and a cold hard boiled egg or two. Keeps be happy.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Lowfat cottage cheese + greek yogurt + lemon/lime juice. It's quick and packed with lots of protein.
  • xxxglaxxx
    xxxglaxxx Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    this week i've been having kozy shack rice pudding (light version) and cheese for protein :)
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    my58vw wrote: »
    Honestly Cereal is the easiest option for breakfast, but is not the cleanest food. Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, etc are good choices.

Cereal is fine everyday for me. Just vary the types. No preparation required. Throw a portion in a bowl, add milk, add a bit of yogurt sometimes, eat.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I normally have cottage cheese, a nutri-grain bar, and a glass of skim milk. Sometimes I'll have a bowl of Special-K with strawberries.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    Both me & hubby make smoothie in our nutrabullit every morning
  • TonyB0588
    Options
    I pretty much make a frittata and heat and eat all week or a batch of hard boiled eggs and eat two daily.

Never heard of a frittata before.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I love smoked salmon, but at least around here it's stomach-flippingly expensive.

OP: Is it a time issue, or do you just want something that isn't hot?

Mmmm. I haven't had lox in soooo long. It's going on the grocery list.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    This morning I had a protein bar, a 100 calorie Greek yogurt and a small apple.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Belvita are my grab-and-go breakfast. They're fairly healthy and taste good. I like the bite sized ones.

You could prep some breakfast sandwiches that you microwave for a minute. Wheat English Muffin with egg whites, Canadian bacon or turkey sausage patty, and a slice of cheese. Make ahead and freeze.
  • Cave_Goose
    Cave_Goose Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I hard boil a batch of eggs on Sunday. Weekday mornings, I grab an egg and 1 serving of Total cereal.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I boil eggs every weekend so I have them to grab each weekday. On weekends I have omelets when I have time to cook. Plus, I like to sleep in and have a big brunch and combine my breakfast and lunch calories.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    I pretty much make a frittata and heat and eat all week or a batch of hard boiled eggs and eat two daily.

@TonyB0588 http://www.slenderkitchen.com/blog/friday-five-healthy-frittatas
  • illusion2269
    illusion2269 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I mix 50g protein powder, 4 oz whole milk yogurt, and 64g muesli the night before and let it sit in the fridge overnight. Tasty, gives a good boost of protein and fiber, and simple to make.
  • TonyB0588
    Options
    Cave_Goose wrote: »
    I hard boil a batch of eggs on Sunday. Weekday mornings, I grab an egg and 1 serving of Total cereal.

Total is an excellent cereal. Haven't had it recently as I've been trying some others.
  • Red_Pill
    Red_Pill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Cooked food from yesterday night.
  • TonyB0588
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

@TonyB0588 http://www.slenderkitchen.com/blog/friday-five-healthy-frittatas

Thanks for the link. Certainly looks interesting and appetizing.