Love running in the rain
  • daiparfitt65
    daiparfitt65 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes i love running in the rain! :D
  • lisawilkes20
    lisawilkes20 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have been told there is more oxygen in the air when it rains. I prefer the rain to hot sun, but being in tbe UK I dont have a choice anyway
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    jdscrubs32 wrote: »
    Until I did a night run 3 years ago, I would run in any conditions. However on that night run, it rained monsoon like. It was incredibly heavy. I ended up getting bleeding nipples. Was sore for a few weeks after that. Since then I don't go out running if its raining as I'm a bit paranoid if it happens again, the blood comes through the top and everyone can see it. However if I am running and it starts to rain, I continue running as there isn't much you can do.
    Shave the hair around your nipples and then apply some 3M Transpore tape across each nipple. That will alleviate your problem.
  • RNinPitts
    RNinPitts Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I do! Historically I don't like to get wet in rain. But when I started to run I felt obligation to maintain my training. I would take a brella but found it got in my way and altered my concentration. Donnie I run in the rain.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Not usually, though if it's a light rain I might go anyway. Luckily I'm in Australia and we really only have rain reasonably regularly in the winter, for the other 9 months or so it's pretty occasional.

I usually wear a cap anyway - but its especially helpful in the rain because it keeps the rain off my glasses - it's very very miserable to be blinded by rain on your glasses.
    I don't wear a rain jacket in light rain, just a wicking running jacket to keep me warm-ish. And I usually carry a few tissues in an inside pocket to dry my glasses/phone if needed.
  • dykask
    dykask Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I guess my problem is that I just don't love running, so that is why I don't love running in the ran. ;)
  • Runningman_78
    Runningman_78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sure do...because if I don't, I'll then find a variety of excuses not to run..like when it looks like it's going to rain, its too hot, not hot enough, too cloudy, its a Tuesday....
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    ldqmc79dzxdp.png
    Every chance I get! We are going through a major drought in California, so sadly we haven't had much rain in the past few years.
  • ohsosweet26
    ohsosweet26 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I do! I live in Oregon so we get a lot of rainy days
  • ktfranke
    ktfranke Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I just ran my first ultra marathon this summer, and training can be brutal! I had to run with blisters, run in the rain, run in extreme heat, run when I was still soar from the last time I ran...lol! But it's important to stick with it, even in unfavorable conditions! Especially with cardio & respiratory endurance, you start losing your gains after just 4-5 days! If it's truly impossible for you to get out and run, do some form of high intensity interval training to get your heart rate up and your blood pumping! Jump squats, jump roping, burpees - these are all great options for alternatives! But who knows, you might actually have fun running in the rain!
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Never was a big fan of running or walking in heavy rain (sprinkling is okay). Got caught in a heavy rain during a cycling event once, though, and that was quite refreshing, actually.
  • dykask
    dykask Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    ldqmc79dzxdp.png
    Every chance I get! We are going through a major drought in California, so sadly we haven't had much rain in the past few years.

Photoshop? Anyway running outside in bare feet is rather hard core.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    dykask wrote: »
    ldqmc79dzxdp.png

Photoshop? Anyway running outside in bare feet is rather hard core.

Lol :D that pic is not photoshopped and I'm not barefoot... I'm wearing custom made invisible shoes ;) I run this way 600+ miles/year and I love it! Trail running is my real passion, when it rains the mud is just divine to run in! :)
  • FromHadesWithLove
    FromHadesWithLove Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I live in Oregon so I either run in the rain or I only get to run the two summer months of the year :)
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I will always run if the rain isn't heavy. If it is I prefer the treadmill, mainly for safety reasons. Where I live the roads are very narrow and full of turns, so when visibility is low due to heavy rain it get quite dangerous.

I once run in heavy thunderstorm rain a 10K race and the feeling was amazing!!! I'd love to do it again!
  • granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I dont mind running in light rain/drizzle. I never run in heavy downpours (I just find it miserable), side ways rain with strong winds (no thanks). Some of the roads surfaces can get a bit slippy when wet which ruins my pace.