There's always SLS.
  • Thisnameischosen_
    Thisnameischosen_ Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Angela937 wrote: »
    Mandygring wrote: »
    What are some of them? Lol

Foot fetish
    Baby fetish (dressing up like a baby and being treated like one or being the mom/dad to a baby)
    BDSM or dom/domme/slave
    Littles (like the baby fetish but more toddler than infant)
    Some people have a fetish where they like being stepped on/walked on.
    Some people have a fetish where they wear saddles and hooves and act like a horse/are a rider of said horse.

I'll stop there bc I don't want to get the thread locked.

Fetlife, like any internet community, can be full of dangerous creepers. But due to the nature of some of the lifestyles of some fetishes the danger can be greater.

If anyone reading this thread is interested in the lifestyle of any fetish or think you want to learn more about it do some research and be safe out there.

I was lucky to find a great mentor in the BDSM community. But I was on my own for a few years before him. There were a lot of scary people he helped me learn to avoid. And before him I just kept safe and learned from a distance. Years before him I was on my own and doing research but never got involved in anything bc I was too scared. Rightfully so.

There are great, safe communities out there that can and will embrace you and you will find "home". But theres a lot of danger out there too.

Remember it's always about safe, sane, consensual. <3

How can I find some one safe to train me?

Oh Angela.
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    What are some of them? Lol

Foot fetish
    Baby fetish (dressing up like a baby and being treated like one or being the mom/dad to a baby)
    BDSM or dom/domme/slave
    Littles (like the baby fetish but more toddler than infant)
    Some people have a fetish where they like being stepped on/walked on.
    Some people have a fetish where they wear saddles and hooves and act like a horse/are a rider of said horse.

I'll stop there bc I don't want to get the thread locked.

Fetlife, like any internet community, can be full of dangerous creepers. But due to the nature of some of the lifestyles of some fetishes the danger can be greater.

If anyone reading this thread is interested in the lifestyle of any fetish or think you want to learn more about it do some research and be safe out there.

I was lucky to find a great mentor in the BDSM community. But I was on my own for a few years before him. There were a lot of scary people he helped me learn to avoid. And before him I just kept safe and learned from a distance. Years before him I was on my own and doing research but never got involved in anything bc I was too scared. Rightfully so.

There are great, safe communities out there that can and will embrace you and you will find "home". But theres a lot of danger out there too.

Remember it's always about safe, sane, consensual. <3

My best suggestion would be to find a local meet up group to meet a bunch of people face-to-face in a public setting. I've lived in a few different cities, and they each had a group reasonably nearby. They usually have meetings in places like coffee shops, and (hopefully) blend in as just a group of people chatting. At least that has been my experience. From there you have a chance to get a better feel for people, and can be invited for private parties to actually learn/watch/participate in various activities with other people present (again, a safety thing).

I ran a group for a while in the last city I lived in, we hosted monthly educational events, biweekly coffees, and quarterly parties (which you only got the invite/location to if we met you in person more than once and felt you were not a liability). Try to look for something like that on FL or Meetup.com

Hope that helps! It's been a few years since I've been involved in that world though, so hopefully it's all still accurate information :)

This. Always be safe <3
  • Coachjr29
    Coachjr29 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    How long before that site gets hacked like the other "discreet" websites?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    What is it?

A website community for people with fetishes to chat, hookup, etc.

I swear I thought it was a life insurance company. Boy was I wrong

Depending on the activity, insurance might be a good idea! >:)
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    reedj64 wrote: »
    How long before that site gets hacked like the other "discreet" websites?

It's been around for many years already, well over a decade. I would hope people who need to stay anonymous would know not to publish any personally identifiable information.

• Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    corsayre8 wrote: »

@Angela937

Fetlife is a good resource for finding events near your location. Look for munches or other educational workshops. Meet people in the community. Finds someone you respect and ask if they will mentor you. No, not someone who makes your girly parts wet. Preferably someone of the same sex if you are hetero, opposite sex if you are queer. Basically someone you have no sexual interest in.

Do not buy into the idea of "trainers" or "mentors" who want to play with you. These are almost always people who want to prey on newbies.

Do not play online, do not go play with people you just met online. People, (especially women), new to this often get caught up in a frenzy and make decisions that put their safety at risk.

Your safest option in the early stages of exploration is to play in a public setting with persons you can get community references for. Once you have a better understanding of your desires and safety protocols, then start to seek out a partner(s) for more private and intimate exploration.

And mostly, please always remeber that all the standard rules for relationships and communication apply. They don't go out the window simply because a fetish is involved.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Thanks!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    You also don't need to jump into a specific fetish role. Go to events and explore what you like. Try different things.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options

@Angela937

Fetlife is a good resource for finding events near your location. Look for munches or other educational workshops. Meet people in the community. Finds someone you respect and ask if they will mentor you. No, not someone who makes your girly parts wet. Preferably someone of the same sex if you are hetero, opposite sex if you are queer. Basically someone you have no sexual interest in.

Do not buy into the idea of "trainers" or "mentors" who want to play with you. These are almost always people who want to prey on newbies.

Do not play online, do not go play with people you just met online. People, (especially women), new to this often get caught up in a frenzy and make decisions that put their safety at risk.

Your safest option in the early stages of exploration is to play in a public setting with persons you can get community references for. Once you have a better understanding of your desires and safety protocols, then start to seek out a partner(s) for more private and intimate exploration.

And mostly, please always remeber that all the standard rules for relationships and communication apply. They don't go out the window simply because a fetish is involved.

Thanks!

be careful tho i dont take that site seriously at all because it is just saturated with psychopaths
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »

@Angela937

Thanks!

be careful tho i dont take that site seriously at all because it is just saturated with psychopaths

Some of them are really scary. It's not a fetish, but something much more threatening. When they contact me, I block them. I have an account, but not active, and I don't share much at all.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

@Angela937

Thanks!

There are psychos on a fetish website? I guess I really mean, "there are psychos on a website?" Who knew?
  • drbuzzard91
    drbuzzard91 Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    This interests me...
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

@Angela937

This. All of this. When I met my mentor it was in a public place and he brought his vanilla wife along so I could feel more at ease. I brought my roommate along for safety too.

We never played, he just let me go places with him and watch sessions and meet the community he was a part of and I became a part of. Through him I met others and everyone took me under their wings. It was very safe as the club was private and had security and you had to be interviewed before being let in and could only be invited by a member.

If I had a question like how a whip crack felt he'd show me but strictly as a demonstration, one shot there you go now you know. Never play, just teaching with someone safe.

His wife and I usually hung out together and watched. We're all still great friends.

But never crossed the line with my mentor.

Great advice up above.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options

@Angela937

Thanks!

There are psychos on a fetish website? I guess I really mean, "there are psychos on a website?" Who knew?

youve obviously never been on fetlife before

its cool to be a psychopath there i mean that literally

literally killing things for pleasure
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    not me.... ppl try to get me to join but I hear ppl's stories and I am like NOPE I do not want to get hit on by random people who don't appeal to me at all! That's not to say I have no.... interesting interests lol... but I've got a husband for all that.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

@Angela937

Thanks!

I know what you are talking about. I am thinking of one person in particular. I would never repeat what he had listed as fetishes. They were serious crimes that would destroy multiple lives with life long consequences. It doesn't matter if he was "full of it". It was still sick.

There are people on fetlife that will openly display their psychopathic selves. I think he was implying psychopaths are on every website, they just don't openly display it.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

@Angela937

Thanks!

Is this the let's humble brag about our fetish experience portion of the program?
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I guess I should consider myself lucky. I've yet to come across a psychopath. A few jerks, but no true crazies.
  • kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    i haven't met a psycho yet either....wait, does that mean I am the psycho?

But I have found them on other sites. Maybe I'm a little more careful on FL.