Anyone on here on Fetlife?

Replies

• Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    corsayre8 wrote: »
    Angela937 wrote: »

How can I find some one safe to train me?

@Angela937

Fetlife is a good resource for finding events near your location. Look for munches or other educational workshops. Meet people in the community. Finds someone you respect and ask if they will mentor you. No, not someone who makes your girly parts wet. Preferably someone of the same sex if you are hetero, opposite sex if you are queer. Basically someone you have no sexual interest in.

Do not buy into the idea of "trainers" or "mentors" who want to play with you. These are almost always people who want to prey on newbies.

Do not play online, do not go play with people you just met online. People, (especially women), new to this often get caught up in a frenzy and make decisions that put their safety at risk.

Your safest option in the early stages of exploration is to play in a public setting with persons you can get community references for. Once you have a better understanding of your desires and safety protocols, then start to seek out a partner(s) for more private and intimate exploration.

And mostly, please always remeber that all the standard rules for relationships and communication apply. They don't go out the window simply because a fetish is involved.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Thanks!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    You also don't need to jump into a specific fetish role. Go to events and explore what you like. Try different things.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member

@Angela937

Fetlife is a good resource for finding events near your location. Look for munches or other educational workshops. Meet people in the community. Finds someone you respect and ask if they will mentor you. No, not someone who makes your girly parts wet. Preferably someone of the same sex if you are hetero, opposite sex if you are queer. Basically someone you have no sexual interest in.

Do not buy into the idea of "trainers" or "mentors" who want to play with you. These are almost always people who want to prey on newbies.

Do not play online, do not go play with people you just met online. People, (especially women), new to this often get caught up in a frenzy and make decisions that put their safety at risk.

Your safest option in the early stages of exploration is to play in a public setting with persons you can get community references for. Once you have a better understanding of your desires and safety protocols, then start to seek out a partner(s) for more private and intimate exploration.

And mostly, please always remeber that all the standard rules for relationships and communication apply. They don't go out the window simply because a fetish is involved.

Thanks!

be careful tho i dont take that site seriously at all because it is just saturated with psychopaths
  • BinaryPulsar
    salembambi wrote: »

@Angela937

Thanks!

be careful tho i dont take that site seriously at all because it is just saturated with psychopaths

Some of them are really scary. It's not a fetish, but something much more threatening. When they contact me, I block them. I have an account, but not active, and I don't share much at all.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member

@Angela937

Thanks!

There are psychos on a fetish website? I guess I really mean, "there are psychos on a website?" Who knew?
  • drbuzzard91
    drbuzzard91 Posts: 1,204 Member
    This interests me...
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    edited September 2016

@Angela937

This. All of this. When I met my mentor it was in a public place and he brought his vanilla wife along so I could feel more at ease. I brought my roommate along for safety too.

We never played, he just let me go places with him and watch sessions and meet the community he was a part of and I became a part of. Through him I met others and everyone took me under their wings. It was very safe as the club was private and had security and you had to be interviewed before being let in and could only be invited by a member.

If I had a question like how a whip crack felt he'd show me but strictly as a demonstration, one shot there you go now you know. Never play, just teaching with someone safe.

His wife and I usually hung out together and watched. We're all still great friends.

But never crossed the line with my mentor.

Great advice up above.
  • salembambi

@Angela937

Thanks!

There are psychos on a fetish website? I guess I really mean, "there are psychos on a website?" Who knew?

youve obviously never been on fetlife before

its cool to be a psychopath there i mean that literally

literally killing things for pleasure
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    not me.... ppl try to get me to join but I hear ppl's stories and I am like NOPE I do not want to get hit on by random people who don't appeal to me at all! That's not to say I have no.... interesting interests lol... but I've got a husband for all that.
  • BinaryPulsar

@Angela937

Thanks!

I know what you are talking about. I am thinking of one person in particular. I would never repeat what he had listed as fetishes. They were serious crimes that would destroy multiple lives with life long consequences. It doesn't matter if he was "full of it". It was still sick.

There are people on fetlife that will openly display their psychopathic selves. I think he was implying psychopaths are on every website, they just don't openly display it.
  • sunnybeaches105

@Angela937

Thanks!

Is this the let's humble brag about our fetish experience portion of the program?
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Interesting. I guess I should consider myself lucky. I've yet to come across a psychopath. A few jerks, but no true crazies.
  • kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    i haven't met a psycho yet either....wait, does that mean I am the psycho?

But I have found them on other sites. Maybe I'm a little more careful on FL.
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Is there a group for mostly vanillas? Maybe for vanillas with a cherry on top for when they're feeling 'venturous?

Seriously, for those who are inclined to categorize themselves and/or meet others with the same sort of sexual proclivities, it's nice that they have a place to gather and converse about the merits of the square knot versus the slipknot or whatever they're into.
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 654 Member
    On there, but not very active. There is a lot of bs on that site, and I just can't do all the drama.
  • salembambi

@Angela937

Thanks!

Is this the let's humble brag about our fetish experience portion of the program?

i dont typically get offended on this website

but you implying that i am one of those people is offensive as hell
  • sunnybeaches105

@Angela937

Thanks!

Ah yes, the "let's twist words as far as possible to take false offense when I challenge someone and they call me on it" MFP game. Enjoy your umbrage. No fs given.
  • BinaryPulsar
    edited September 2016
    I joined just to find out about fun social events (although turns out fetlife isn't necessary for that). Because I like to socialize, dance (obviously), listen to better music than the latest pop tunes (better is my opinion, others might not agree). And it's something my husband can enjoy with me (he didn't want to go to other dance events I used to go to that weren't as fun). I like the events, a lot of people I have met, and a wider age range. Plus other fun aspects. Some people like to socialize, just like people are doing on mfp right now.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Interesting. I guess I should consider myself lucky. I've yet to come across a psychopath. A few jerks, but no true crazies.

Majority of people I have seen are fine. Really just one scary person early on that I can specifically think of (wasn't even going to mention it), but it did make an impression. But, I am not active on there.
  • salembambi

@Angela937

Thanks!

Ah yes, the "let's twist words as far as possible to take false offense when I challenge someone and they call me on it" MFP game. Enjoy your umbrage. No fs given.

not sure how you were challenging me but ok bro