From a size 20 to a size 8 with strength training, in one year! PICS!

Options

Replies

• Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! Thank you for sharing your photos!
  • GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Madux1818 wrote: »
    Thanks a million everyone, it's hard work but it's worth it!

Here is a very humble photo of what I use in my home, right where I use it, for those asking what my set up looks like. I have a nice, big window, my milk crate, a basic bench and some free weights! Just start picking up heavy stuff and do it consistently! :blush:

n3g8yz2l0s3d.jpg

Hi Gen, Congratulations on job well done. I like your home gym collection as I'm trying to build up mine. Are you still working out at home or you've since joined a commercial gym?

Thank you. :smile: Yes, I am still working out at home! A few months after I had lost the weight, I started working out at a gym but once I got pregnant and we moved, I had no access to a gym anymore. I would encourage you to get a few nice items to start with, like a couple pairs of dumbbells and maybe a barbell. Good luck to you!! It's awesome doing everything at home. :wink:

• GenElizabeth
    Options
    selina884 wrote: »
    wow - how many calories were you eating?
    What were your staple foods?

Hi! I was eating between 1200-1300 calories/day to lose the weight. I ate a lot of chicken breast, greek yogurt with chia and flax seed, turkey sandwiches, eggs and bacon... You can check out my Fit Food video on YouTube to see different dishes I make and more of what I eat!

Now that I am breastfeeding, I try to stay around 1500-1600/day. I always eat back about half of my exercise calories so that adds a little more on days that I work out.
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    lightle wrote: »
    I have watched all of your videos. They are full of inspiration and information. I love the sincerity and natural manner you portray. Thanks and I hope you keep posting.

This makes my day!!! Thank you. I love that you are enjoying them. :heart: I enjoy making videos and connecting with you all through them. :smile:
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the lovely comments, it means a lot to me. It helps me to keep going!!! :smiley:
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! I need to up my lighting game clearly.
  • GenElizabeth
    edited September 2016
    Options
    JennP415 wrote: »
    Just stumbled on this...wow! Well done! May I ask how many calories you consume each day for weight loss?

I kept a consistent deficit of around 500 calories each day, which at that time, put me at 1200-1300 and I aimed for at least 100g protein. I am currently trying to stay around 1500-1600 calories per day.

Here is my latest video on staying focused during weight loss. I hope you guys check it out and have a great rest of your week!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXl5VXOrG4s&feature=share
  • Coachjr29
    Coachjr29 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Dem legs! Wow!
  • GABRIEL1919
    GABRIEL1919 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great work
  • AngelinaB_
    AngelinaB_ Posts: 563 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Looking great! Congrats @GenElizabeth for your achievement! Definetely looking foward to see your videos and learn from your journey. Cheers
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    Thanks guys! :blush:
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    AngelinaB_ wrote: »
    Looking great! Congrats @GenElizabeth for your achievement! Definetely looking foward to see your videos and learn from your journey. Cheers

Thank you so much, Angelina! I'm happy to hear you will be tuning in. Much to come!!
  • terenceadavenport4265
    Options
    Absolutely amazing. You motivate me! Keep up the great work
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Gen you inspire many so keep posting.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I went from a 98 pound weakling (for real) to a 205 pound robust woman. I exercise quite a lot all my life but I'm honest with myself, I still eat like a fool and i know it doesnt work that way. I appreciate having the honor of reading yur test'mony and seeing yur pics. Now i'm getting up off my back-side and getting my equipment out of the dust and putting strength training in. thank yu. been riding gym bikes and treadmills and using MFP since 2008 and maintained all these years at 200 what a moron I am!!! now to get a butt and legs like yours
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    MFP replaced a word I used in my post and replaced it with something worse - ew I'm glad I re-read it.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look like two different people! I like the symbolism of the curvier you in front of a table of cupcakes, and the slimmer you in gym clothes...Great Job!! Enjoy the new YOU!
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Impressive! Your arms particularly!
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    Absolutely amazing. You motivate me! Keep up the great work

That's awesome, thank you!
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    I went from a 98 pound weakling (for real) to a 205 pound robust woman. I exercise quite a lot all my life but I'm honest with myself, I still eat like a fool and i know it doesnt work that way. I appreciate having the honor of reading yur test'mony and seeing yur pics. Now i'm getting up off my back-side and getting my equipment out of the dust and putting strength training in. thank yu. been riding gym bikes and treadmills and using MFP since 2008 and maintained all these years at 200 what a moron I am!!! now to get a butt and legs like yours

So happy to read that you will be starting with the weights! Once you start shedding the weight, you will uncover some fabulous muscle!! Start up and keep going! Thank you for your comment. :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!