Replies

• Presleykay22
    Presleykay22 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Married with 2 boys! How is everyone?
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Missing everyone on this thread. Is everyone on vacation?

I'm still here but sometimes the thread just kind of goes dormant for a bit........then a fascinating topic like boogers comes up and I find myself enraptured once again.

Early on in my current relationship my s.o. and I played a game while hiking one day. It is called, "If You Are Going to See Me, You Need to Know........" And we each alternately came out with what we saw as potentially annoying idiosyncrasies about ourselves with no topic being off limits. It was a really refreshing exercise and led to much laughter and revelations about each other that helped ease our self consciousness about such things. We continue to strive for openness about the everyday things which makes it easier to see that the other person is not intentionally trying to be annoying, they're just doing things the way they typically have.
  • DarleneReid577
    DarleneReid577 Posts: 4,401 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Since our kids grew up and moved away.....we try to do a lot more stuff together. So we share chores when he is home so we can do more fun stuff. ( we love to fish,hike and just explore.) So we now have a saying here that really helps. "Just because you do it different does mean it is wrong."
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I just thought of something annoying. My husband and my kids don't straighten out their socks. They just throw them into the hampers. I wash the laundry. I have decided I will teach my daughters not to do that. But, my husband does straighten them, he just has the ankle part rolled down. So, it's not a big deal. I don't think he understands what I am even saying. I would rather just straighten them than make something so little into an issue. But, I am not going to always straighten my daughters socks. They will learn to straighten their own socks! Good thing is that I wash and dry the laundry. But, my daughters fold and put away their own clothes.
  • DarleneReid577
    Options
    I know if it comes to me inside out.....it goes back inside out. :D Shirts, pants,socks.....washed, dried and folded.
  • BinaryPulsar
    edited September 2016
    Options
    If I don't turn the underwear the right way, he might just wear them inside out. But, he's busy. :lol:
  • DarleneReid577
    Options
    I can understand that...I don't know how many times my kids went to school with t-shirts on inside out......hahaha
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    The funniest is when my daughter would come home from school and only then would I notice she wore her pants backwards all day.
  • KrazyLeeLee
    KrazyLeeLee Posts: 2,885 Member
    Options
    Married here but we both enjoy looking. When we're out sometimes we even point out the hotties to eachother lol
  • DarleneReid577
    Options
    Just because you're married doesn't mean your blind. B)
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    After knowing DW 50 years, and 47 years being married the list of annoying things is long! I have been lurking here waiting to see a good topic. @Guns_N_Buns really got my attention LoL! Definitely can relate to your husbands obsession.

DW hangs my golf shirts inside out. Twice someone has pointed out that my shirt was on wrong! I know I should look but is it really that hard to hang it up right?

And don't get me started with her love of vacuuming on Friday nights LIKE RIGHT NOW! Grrrrrrr
  • DarleneReid577
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    After knowing DW 50 years, and 47 years being married the list of annoying things is long! I have been lurking here waiting to see a good topic. @Guns_N_Buns really got my attention LoL! Definitely can relate to your husbands obsession.

DW hangs my golf shirts inside out. Twice someone has pointed out that my shirt was on wrong! I know I should look but is it really that hard to hang it up right?

And don't get me started with her love of vacuuming on Friday nights LIKE RIGHT NOW! Grrrrrrr

And what do you do to her to make her hang your shirts inside on purpose. .. :p and also after 47 years...yup you should check or should have asked her ALONG TIME AGO to please not do that....so really not a lot of sympathy here :o
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    @DarleneReid577 Not looking for sympathy I just like to *kitten*! I pointed out about the inside out thing to her. She could care less. I'm the detail person and she is not. We are direct opposites in so many ways.

How many others here feel they are married to a person that is "an opposite"?
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I'm not sure if I should be talking about my boobs or not because this conversation could get weird. Lol. But, my husband isn't a boob guy in the conventional sense, like previously discussed. Haha. But, he does have a certain preference for my boobs. And likes seeing me dance topless. Like he really appreciates them. But, people on mfp sometimes get grumpy with me about my conversation topics: like dancing topless or talking about how my husband likes my boobs. But, if I ask him, "What's something you love about me?" He will say, "Your awesome boobs!" And I will say, "Thanks, but what about my butt?!" But, he likes my whole body. He likes my waist. And my butt too. And my eyes and smile and dimple (he likes to add that). Then he says something like, "Of course it's true I love your boobs. But, something I love about you is your kindness". I don't know why I share this stuff. Lol
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    My husband and I are not opposites.

Recent thing he has had me doing is to do algebra and talk about how I love it. To model to our daughters that women like math too. He thinks girls sometimes get discouraged from loving math.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I just thought of something annoying. My husband and my kids don't straighten out their socks. They just throw them into the hampers. I wash the laundry. I have decided I will teach my daughters not to do that. But, my husband does straighten them, he just has the ankle part rolled down. So, it's not a big deal. I don't think he understands what I am even saying. I would rather just straighten them than make something so little into an issue. But, I am not going to always straighten my daughters socks. They will learn to straighten their own socks! Good thing is that I wash and dry the laundry. But, my daughters fold and put away their own clothes.

Very interesting!! My son wears my socks sometimes, and my wife can always tell. I always take my socks off the right way up. My son pulls them down from the top and they end up inside out when they come off. So all his socks, and any of mine that he wears are a terrible mess. Same with shirts - his sleeves are inside out, mine are not. Way more difficult to put on hangers to pack away.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

Very interesting!! My son wears my socks sometimes, and my wife can always tell. I always take my socks off the right way up. My son pulls them down from the top and they end up inside out when they come off. So all his socks, and any of mine that he wears are a terrible mess. Same with shirts - his sleeves are inside out, mine are not. Way more difficult to put on hangers to pack away.

Now my 12 year old daughter has been bigger than me since she was 11. And if my husband puts clothes away he would put my clothes in the kids drawers. I'm like, "Aaah, these are my amazing jeans, I don't want them getting all ripped and muddy outside! "
  • Nnsando
    Nnsando Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    @DarleneReid577 Not looking for sympathy I just like to *kitten*! I pointed out about the inside out thing to her. She could care less. I'm the detail person and she is not. We are direct opposites in so many ways.

How many others here feel they are married to a person that is "an opposite"?

We're complete opposites.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Look what I discovered. lol

I started this gangsta *kitten*
    And this the motherfuckin thanks I get? (Hello)

I started this gangsta *kitten*
    And this the motherfuckin thanks I get? {Hello}
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Total opposites. In fact our marriage counselor basically said ' good luck" lol. We compliment each other really well though and I think strengthen each other's weaknesses so it works out most of the time.