Just got a rude comment on the street : (

Options
124»

Replies

• crazymama2two
    Options
    I was just out walking my dog, and some older guy came up behind me riding his bike. I think he was trying to warn me that he was there, but his method for doing so was to say, "Watch out, big girl!" I have actually seen this guy around before, and I think he might have some sort of mental illness, but, nonetheless, this made me want to cry. So I thought I'd come and post here for moral support. Thanks for listening.

you want i should kick him in the shins for you? :) asshats everywhere.
  • kmanda
    kmanda Posts: 7
    Options
    Ugh! What a complete jerk! I don't understand people and their actions. How can people be that rude and go on merrily with their day?

I was given advice by a very wise person when I was having an off day. She told me to not take offense to things. I asked her how is it that I can accomplish that. She told me: "to take offense means that the other person's opinion matters than my own opinion and that should NEVER be the case."

His opinion or remark should be like a cloud that floats away and never touches you. Let those words blow away. You know your path and goals and that remark does not apply here. He's a jerk and if someone's a jerk that automatically counts as an unimportant opinion.

So true! Great advice.
  • Debkam
    Debkam Posts: 80
    Options
    I'm sorry he was so thoughtless and hurt your feelings. In some situations a mindless remark is perceived in a way that was not intended. Especially if we are sensitive in the area being remarked on. I do not know what the intention of this man was, but I wonder if he purposely meant to hurt your feelings. Was it rude? yes. Mindless? yes. Can you control how he behaves toward others? no. The only thing you can control is how you perceive it. I find it's easier to let something go if there is room for benefit of the doubt. When I can settle on giving the benefit of the doubt, I can let go of the offense more easily. Life is happier when I'm not rolling someone's negative comments through my mind over and over wondering how they could say such mean things. Intent regarding others behavior is important to consider. I do not say this to invalidate your feelings. What he said was hurtful. My intent is to maybe help you to get past this incident quickly, alleviate your pain and get back to focusing on your goals. He's long gone and probably hasn't given his comments to you a second thought. Unfortunately, there will always be people in this world who have the social skills of chimpanzees.
  • luxuryisntcheap
    Options
    think about how far you've come in your weight loss! :) never mind that crazy fool! you're doing great!! xoxo
  • christinathompson1
    christinathompson1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    :'( that's horrible! mental illness or not that's still very rude. try to stay positive and forget about him. don't let him stop you from exercising on that same route or anything. :)
  • Lou05
    Lou05 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Dude's an *kitten*. 5'5" and your weight is not "big".

Next time push him off his bike.

here here
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    How'd that saying go? "I may be fat but you're ugly and I can lose weight." Just remember you're losing weight but he'll probably be stuck with that illness and personality problem for the rest of his life.
    LOL, I was going to say that on page 1 but thought I'd take the high road.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    SHOULD HAVE TOLD HIM THAT YOU AN ALWAYS GET RID OF THE WEIGHT BUT UGLY LAST FOREVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or you could have just asked him if he needed a condom since he was acting like a total di*k !