What's your number one food craving?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    candice072 wrote: »
    Thank you for all the responses. Ice cream and chips for me. (Not together haha) moderation doesn't help when their are so many calories in a very small serving. So I've been turning to weight watcher ice cream. They have lots of frozen treats that are delicious. Substitute chips all taste awful.

Have you tried Quest chips? Thankfully I don't really crave chips, because I agree with you, those things are like eating high calorie air.

For ice cream, Halo Top and Enlightened have been pretty good replacements for when I need to eat a lot of it (I didn't really care for Artic Zero although the chunky pints are acceptable - the base is just pretty bland). Otherwise I can typically moderate it, thankfully.

But when I really crave something, it's usually carbs like bread, donuts, pizza, pasta, and usually when I'm PMSing... and yeah, nothing else satisfies the craving (although if I crave a Boston Cream donut, a toaster streusel usually works, and it's half the calories).
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Craving / Substitute
    Ice cream / Breyers Carb Smart ice cream
    Chocolate / 90% Lindt dark chocolate
    Chips / Parsnip Chips (trader joes or whole foods sell them), almonds also satisfy my crunch cravings. Habenaro BBQ and salt and vinegar are my jam.
    Pizza / Fathead pizza, cauliflower pizza, or 1/2 an english muffin baked with pizza toppings
    Hot Chocolate / Chocolate tea with sugar free chocolate syrup to sweeten, maybe a little added HWC depending on macro needs
    Cake / Low carb mug cakes (haven't tried these yet, but they exist and look delicious!)
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    jprewitt1 wrote: »

I haven't found Halo Top but I've heard their Lemon Cake and Birthday cake flavors are amazing! I've tried Arctic Zero and it was like licking freezer burn.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the responses. Ice cream and chips for me. (Not together haha) moderation doesn't help when their are so many calories in a very small serving. So I've been turning to weight watcher ice cream. They have lots of frozen treats that are delicious. Substitute chips all taste awful.

Have you TRIED them together?! It's better than you think. Oh, and French fries and ice cream.

I'm sorry, I got off track. What was this thread about again?!
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter - as in the WHOLE jar. At once.

PB2 powder lets me have quite a bit (48 grams dry) for 1/2 the calories of a normal 30 gram creamy PB.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    @Sarahb29 Halo Top birthday cake is delicious (and worth the occasional splurge of $6 for a pint)!!
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Cheez-Its, Cheese Nips, Cheddar Goldfish, Cheetos, Toast Chee sandwiches (cheese crackers & peanut butter), Doritos, cheese wontons, and nachos.

I, uh, might have a problem with cheese flavoring and carbs. Except, weirdly, cheddar popcorn, which I find disgusting.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Beer. Substitute with canned sparkling water.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    What's your food cravings and what do you use as a substitute?

Salt. Manifests in different foods.
    No substitute. Just trying to watch my sodium intake.
  • jdb3388
    jdb3388 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Cheese, Sour Cream, Ranch Dressing, pretty much anything dairy.

I use Greek Yogurt in place of sour cream, but everything else I pretty much just have to live without it or use a small quantity. Everyone has a reason they got fat, mine is cheese/dairy.
  • jpsgirl96
    jpsgirl96 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I still crave Starburst jelly beans, though I stopped eating them long ago. And they are one in a list of foods that I don't necessarily crave but that I can't stop eating once I start. Pretty much anything in the carb/fat/salt world qualifies. Chips or Fritos with Lipton Onion Dip...made worse if it's at cocktail hour and I've had a drink...I'm also of the "substitutes don't cut it" school - they have calories, too, and they don't feed the craving (which isn't usually hunger based).
    There is no substitute for those Starburst Jelly Beans...;)
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Chips and salt! Favorite is Dill Pickle chips ... then Ruffles, then Lays, Lays Wavey, Doritos, Tostitos ... and yeah, it goes on and on.
  • Kelll12123
    Kelll12123 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Cheez its. Once I got high and ate an entire box. I don't buy them because I have no self control. I have air popped popcorn when I'm feeling snacky.
  • stacey01575
    stacey01575 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Cake/brownies - these I just try to limit as best I can but I don't substitute. The less I eat them, the easier it is to say "no". Also... pizza... love it and make room for it in my calories probably every week.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    chips- I mean real potatoe chips- but I make do- with baked chips or good thin crackers which are pretty good
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    French Fries or chips. I usually don't substitute I just fit them in my calories for the day. Luckily I don't crave them too often, and a lot of the time when I do I am too lazy to actually go out and get them. But if I can get someone to bring me some when I am lazy I just fit them in.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Potato Chips!! Lays Lightly Salted Chips-- I work them into my calorie allowance. No substitute:)
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Ice cream!!
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Anything with potatoes, cheese or bread.
    All three together? A foodgasm.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Pizza. I can't stop at one slice or two....I used to give in the craving but now the sodium in it makes me blow up like a balloon the next day. I don't really have anything in my everyday eating with that much sodium in it and my body says "yikes! What did you do?" So now I find I just don't eat it.
    I have English muffins with tomatoes, basil and mozzarella now. Lots of delicious mozzerrella!