BUMP :)
  • Psyb3r
    Psyb3r Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JVandesteeg
    JVandesteeg Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I stuff chicken breasts with Laughing Cow Garlic & Herb cheese and bake. Delicious and the whole family begs me to make it.

Oooo... Yum!! I will have to try that! Sounds delish!
  • wakie27
    wakie27 Posts: 26
    Options
    Cashew Pineapple Chicken

Boneless, skinless chicken breast (cut up into chunks)
    about 50 Cashews (semi crushed, best if some pieces aren't turned into a fine powder)
    1 can pineapple tidbits (save 1/4 cup of the juice)
    Sugar Snap Peas
    Brown Rice
    Olive Oil

Sautee Chicken chunks in olive oil. About halfway through cooking, pour in 1/4 cup of the pineapple juice.
    Once chicken is just about cooked, throw in pineapple tidbits, sugar snap peas, and cashews. Let it all mix around together for a few minutes. Serve over brown rice.
  • tracym22
    tracym22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Tandoori Chicken

125g fat free natural yoghurt
    2tsp tandoori powder
    1tsp curry powder
    1tsp olive oil
    squeeze lemon juice
    mix together and then add:
    2 chicken breasts either whole, sliced, chunks
    coat chicken completely, leave to marinade for at least 1 hour, more the better. Then bake, grill, BBQ!
  • missmayeb
    missmayeb Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    This is awesome, glad I went searching. I love a lot of these.
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    cook your boneless chicken with salsa thrown in at the end - maybe a little mexican cheese melted on it. simple and delicious!

Favorite recipe of my kids. I throw frozen chicken breasts in a crockpot with our favorite salsa for the day while I'm at work. Sometimes I will add black beans for more protein and have been known to add corn or any other veggies I may have on hand. Great for topping salad, making tacos, or add with brown rice in a burrito. Quick and easy.
  • 1sophiesophie
    1sophiesophie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Make a cheat "Thai Style" Broth (no complaints from super-purist Thai cooks please!):

Put Coriander (Cilantro for US?) stalks in chicken stock along with lemon grass, chilli (to taste), and garlic. Poach chicken in the flavoured stock (I prefer skinless thigh as it is moister, but if you're being ultra careful, breast works). Poach for around 20-25 mins. Drain out all the "bits" (including the chicken) from the fragrant stock and add any veg you like back to it to soften (I like bok-choi, spring onions and sliced radishes) and finish with a shake of fish sauce and or soy sauce and a good squeeze of lime and the leaves from the coriander stalks. Shred up the reserved chicken and add back to the stock and veg.

You can make this different everyday by adding different veg and noodles if you want more substance. Eating with chopsticks (as well as a spoon to eat the broth afterwards!) also helps me slow down and enjoy each individual taste.
  • jennyrae719
    Options
    bump
  • LovingMyselfAgain
    Options
    bump
  • julzzz4
    julzzz4 Posts: 72
    Options
    Good ideas here!!
  • dirty_blonde
    dirty_blonde Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can find later

Also...sure would be nice to read a chicken recipe thread without having to hear about the china study. Some of us have tried the vegan thing and it didn't work for us. Many of us just can't afford organic free range chicken.
  • aprilpetal
    Options
    bump for later
  • tjoyjohn
    tjoyjohn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,244 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • curtnrod
    curtnrod Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    bump
  • time2bhealthy
    time2bhealthy Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    bump
  • qballjr13
    qballjr13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Some deliciousness going on here! BUMP
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    bump...mmmm
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I like mine with a little Indian flare.

Soak one chicken breast in water and kosher salt for a couple hours.
    Cut into small bite-sized pieces.
    Using a good non-stick skillet, toss in the chicken , add a dash of cumin, a bigger dash of curry, some dried minced onions, some onion powder and some garlic powder. When it is just about to be cooked through, throw in a cup of frozen peas and carrots. A boullion cube, or better than boullion, and a bit of water. Before serving, sprinkle in a little flour or corn starch to make a gravy and serve over rice. (I use minute rice).
    You can garnish with wasabi peas, or lightly salted peanuts, chinese crispy noodles, coconut shreds, golden raisins, pineapple, etc.

may have to try this one for hubby......he like Indian fare.