Chicken, Chicken, and more Chicken!

Options

Replies

• Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    :smile: Tell me one that was bigger? It examined mortality rates from 48 forms of cancer & other chronic diseases over 2 years in 65 counties in China, & correlated them with dietary surveys and bloodwork from 6,500 people, 100 from each county.
  • sherri85
    sherri85 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump all these idea's sound yummy : )
  • Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites lately is my Low Carb Chicken Parmesan. Love it!

Ingredients:
    1 egg
    2 Chicken breasts, cut thin to 4 oz portion
    1/2 grated parmesan cheese
    1/2 almond flour
    1 tbsp Italian seasoning (fresh herbs are better but not always available when I cook it)
    1 t salt
    1 t black pepper
    1 tbsp olive oil
    marinara/spaghetti sauce
    mozzarella cheese slice

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scramble the egg. Mix parmesan, almond flour, Italian herbs, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Dip chicken breast in egg then toss and coat completely in parmesan/flour mixture. Repeat for desired number portions. Let coated chicken rest for 5-10 minutes. (This lets the coating stick better). Meanwhile heat up a large frying pan with the olive oil to medium high heat. When the oil is hot enough, put each coated chicken into the pan for 2-3 minutes on each side, just enough to brown the coating. Remove chicken from pan and place on a cookie sheet. (I like to put mine on a rack on top of the cookie sheet, for added crunchy texture). Spoon marinara sauce to coat the chicken, then place mozzarella slice on top. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes and Enjoy!

Per 4 oz serving: 243 calories 12g fat 5g carbs 28g protein
  • Cupcake1015
    Cupcake1015 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    mmm, bump. love chicken!
  • khuckaby1
    khuckaby1 Posts: 69
    Options
    Spice baked "fried" chicken

whole wheat flour (can use white if you want)
    almonds ( I use cajun because I buy cajun trail mix and that is what is left at the bottom of the bag)
    chicken
    1% milk

Season 1 cup of flour with salt and pepper
    Chop up the almonds and add them to the flour
    Dip chicken in milk and then the flour mixture

Bake on 350 for about 25 minutes.

Really good! Especially for someone like that can't handle really spicy. It has just the right amount of kick to it. (I have also found that the wheat flour makes it crispier than white but I am not sure why?)
  • Raivynsblood
    Raivynsblood Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I really don't care for chicken. I get burned out on it really easily.

That said, my brother-in-law makes the BEST chicken on Earth! He marinates it in olive oil and fajita seasoning and then grills it. It stays juicy and delicious for days! I have gotten him to grill an entire bag of chicken for me in the past and then I had food for the week. I need to do that again, actually.

i believe ill be trying that soon.. :drinker:
  • randilynn113
    randilynn113 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I just made a light chicken spaghetti tonight for dinner which is a really popular southern staple...but, isn't neccesarily the healthiest in its original form.
    You Need: (increase size to what you need; I cook for 1...so, all my recipes are scaled WAY down, size wise) but..so, you get the idea:

Chopped chicken breast
    low sodium cream of chicken/mushroom soup
    ww spaghetti noodles ( I use Fiber Gourmet LIGHT spaghetti-saves a TON in calories)
    pepper, season salt, cayenne,-loads of black pepper
    chopped celery, green pepper, and onion ( I occasionally add mini peppers as well) and chopped spinach if you need to up your veg
    shredded low fat cheddar cheese

Mix all of the above together with low sodium chicken broth, smalal splashes at a time. Load into baking pan, top with additional shreded cheese. Bake at 375 for 25-35 minutes.

Eat and Enjoy. With my ingredients, I can eat an ENTIRE pan for under 600 calories! It's amazing and feels so decadent. :)

This sounds great! I think I will try it this weekend! :)
  • jfl613
    jfl613 Posts: 71
    Options
    LOL Forgot to list the chicken!!

Chicken Rollatini

 Mushrooms, 2 diced
     Kirkland Signature - Frozen Chicken Tenderloins, 16 oz
     94% or 95% FF (Godshall's/ Jenny-O) turkey bacon, 1 Slice (chopped in small pieces... bacon bits would also work)
     Sargento - Light String Cheese, 1 stick chopped
     onion, 1 tbs chopped or diced
     Garlic Cloves, 4 Medium Cloves crushed and minced
     Fat Free Ricotta Cheese, 1/8 c (or 2 tbs)
     Stonewall Kitchen - Maple Chipotle Grille Sauce, 2 tbs
     salt & pepper as you like
     dried parsley flakes or any other herbs/seasonings

Preheat oven to 350

1.) Coat pan with cooking spray

2.) Sautee the bacon bits, garlic, and onion until brown or to your liking (you may need oil... i used a nonstick pan, no oil)

3.) In a small bowl mixing bowl combine the sautéed mixture with the cheese, salt, pepper, and other seasonings

4.) Place equal amt of filling on each fillet.

5.) Roll each "stuffed" fillet, and place seam side down on a baking sheet or foil (spray oil or grease if you'd like)

6.) Brush tops of ea fillet w/ grilling sauce & bake for 20 +/- minutes

Per Serving: 4 oz of chicken before stuffed 161 Calories

Balsamic Honey Glazed Chicken

Ingredients
    • 16 oz. chicken tenders (or four 4 oz breast filets, cut into 1” strips)
    • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
    • 1/4 cup honey
    • 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
    • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
    • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Directions
    Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, cover and allow to marinate in the refrigerate for 1 hour.
    Add all ingredients to large skillet, cook on medium heat until chicken is cooked through, about 10-15 minutes.
    Delicious served over a bed of brown rice. To serve as an appetizer, combine 2 tablespoons honey and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar for dipping.

Per Serving 4 Oz Chicken: 181 Calories
  • NOLA_Meg
    NOLA_Meg Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    :smile: Tell me one that was bigger? It examined mortality rates from 48 forms of cancer & other chronic diseases over 2 years in 65 counties in China, & correlated them with dietary surveys and bloodwork from 6,500 people, 100 from each county.

I'm not going into a long evaluation of the study. I just want to mention a couple things:
    1. They pooled the blood samples. They put every patient's blood together in order to have enough to measure every (109) nutrtional indicator.
    2. China has the highest rate of stomach cancer in the world.

The author makes good points that could lead to interesting, better designed epidemiologic studies. However, there's a a reason he wrote a book. Have you seen any million-copy selling books on the Bogalusa Heart Study or the Nurse's Study...No? because the researchers publish articles that aren't based on 347 indicators and 8000 correlations due to a poorly designed study.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I like mine with a little Indian flare.

Soak one chicken breast in water and kosher salt for a couple hours.
    Cut into small bite-sized pieces.
    Using a good non-stick skillet, toss in the chicken , add a dash of cumin, a bigger dash of curry, some dried minced onions, some onion powder and some garlic powder. When it is just about to be cooked through, throw in a cup of frozen peas and carrots. A boullion cube, or better than boullion, and a bit of water. Before serving, sprinkle in a little flour or corn starch to make a gravy and serve over rice. (I use minute rice).
    You can garnish with wasabi peas, or lightly salted peanuts, chinese crispy noodles, coconut shreds, golden raisins, pineapple, etc.
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I just made a chicken teriyaki stir fry - it was delicious. Basically chicken strips, no skin, no fat, bag of prawns too, pack of pak choi, bag of spinach, mixed oyster mushrooms, 4 carrots (peeled and thinly sliced), bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, 4 garlic cloves, 1 red chilli (more for me - but less cos kids eaten it), bottle of teriyaki sauce (or any Chinese sauce you like), I had my as it came but the rest of the family had theirs with egg noodles.

Enjoy. x
  • marylynn04
    marylynn04 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • docturtle
    docturtle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Last night I made Herb Chicken BLT:

Marinade boneless chicken in olive oil, balsamic vinegarette, and fresh basil.

Grill for about 5 minutes on each side.

Grill sourdough bread.

Mix fresh basil with mayo. and spread on sourdough toast.

Stack chicken, bacon, tomato, and lettuce.

I served with sweet potatoe fries and honey mustard.
  • marriedwith
    marriedwith Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I got this from the Biggest looser cook book. I love it.

Pecan Chicken.

Chop pecan till they look like bread crums or close to it

Take a chicken breast (if thick, smash it till it is thinner)

Dip the chicken in egg then coat the chicken in the pecan. make sure the breast is covered with pecans.

Bake chicken at 325 till cooked. The thicker the chicken the longer it will take to cook. I could eat this every night its so good.

bumpity - yummy this sounds great!
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    This is my husbands favourite recipe I make:

Ingredients

Marinade:
    1/4 cup pure maple syrup
    3 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
    2 tbsp minced fresh dill
    2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    2 tsp grated lemon zest
    1 tsp minced garlic
    1/4 cup each salt and freshly ground pepper

4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lbs / 680 g)

Directions

* Whisk together all marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Arrange chicken breasts in a glass or ceramic baking dish that's just large enough to hold the chicken breasts in a layer. Pour marinade over chicken. Turn pieces to coat both sides with marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.

* Preheat oven to 350*F. Remove plastic wrap and transfer casserole dish to middle oven rack. Bake, uncovered, for about 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the centre.

* Spoon sauce from bottom of pan over chicken and serve immediately.

Tip: Do not use a large casserole dish, such as a lasagne pan, for this recipe. It's too big and will cause the marinade to spread too thinly and likely burn while the chicken is baking. The marinade also makes a great salad dressing when you add an extra tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

Makes 4 servings.

Recipe courtesy of "Eat, Shrink, and Be Merry!" by Janet and Greta Podleski
  • EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I make chicken differently all the time.....tonight...pan-fried in olive oil with garlic and onion....throw in fresh spinach when its cooked. The other night we used buffalo chicken shake and bake. U can stir fry it with any type of veggies..throw some soy sauce and sesame oil in. Cook up some Japanese noodles ...make a marinara sauce and add chicken...grilled, baked or pan fried..... Roasting a whole chicken with the skin on..then pull skin off..will be sooo juicy! Chicken fried rice is gr8....leave out the butter and use only a bit of olive oil.
  • surfinma1
    Options
    Both my husband and I love this receipe!

Chicken Chardon

Original Recipe Yield 8 servings

Ingredients
    8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    1 egg
    salt and pepper to taste
    2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
    1 cup bread crumbs
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
    1/4 cup butter, melted
    1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley

Directions
    1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

2. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg with salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
    In a separate dish, mix bread crumbs with 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and Parmesan cheese.
    Set aside.

3. Mix together the melted butter and lemon juice. Pour about 2/3 of the butter mixture into
    the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Tilt pan to coat the bottom. Spread mushrooms in an even
    layer in the bottom of the dish. Dip each chicken breast into the egg mixture, then into the bread
    crumb mixture. Place on top of the mushrooms. Drizzle remaining butter over the chicken, and sprinkle
    with parsley.
    4. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until chicken is golden brown and juices run clear.

Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 281 | Total Fat: 11.6g | Cholesterol: 113mg

It is just so good!
  • Tucky15
    Tucky15 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    THE BEST CHICKEN MARINADE I'VE MADE SO FAR.....

STICKY GARLIC...

4 tbsp tomato sauce
    4 tbsp worcestershire sauce
    2 tbsp runny honey
    2 tbsp English or French mustard
    3 crushed cloves of garlic
    1 breast of chicken - diced small

Mix all ingredients together, put in fridge for at least an hour, over night if you can... I put them on skewers and grill for approx 20 mins or until golden, turning occasionally. They are to die for, especially with new baby potatoes and salad hmmmmm

Enjoy :)
  • Cat_from_Chicago
    Cat_from_Chicago Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this thread. I'll slowly but surely try them all.

I also love the chick who doesn't eat animals but cooks them, hahaha
  • frumpytofit
    Options
    I stuff chicken breasts with Laughing Cow Garlic & Herb cheese and bake. Delicious and the whole family begs me to make it.

Need to try this....bump